California-Los Angeles

Bridesmaids Dresses from DB

So i went to get my girls fitted about 3 weeks ago at Davids Bridal. I only had 4 out of my 7 although one is on the east coast i just emailed her all the information she would need for ordering. so anyways, they had told me that they would arrive beg of january and that wasnt the case. i got a phone call on saturday saying that their dresses were in fact in and that they could ship them for free....

my first ? is... they request all the girls information when they purchase the dress so why would they call me to let my BM know they arrived? and second, they offered to ship them for free so it is wrong for me to have them shipped to my house and hold them until we are all ready in feb for fittings? since i am storing my dress at my aunts house (she lives alone) has lots of closet space for storing and i already asked.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses from DB

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DB often calls the bride for these things, I have no idea why.  If the ladies all paid for their own dresses then I suggest letting them handle the shipping or picking up details.  Give them all the details and let them handle it themselves.  If their dress happens to be the wrong size, DB won't accomidate any exchanging once they leave their store.  Were they all shipped to the same store or, for the one that lives on the east coast, shipped to each persons local store?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katzluv88katzluv88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_bridesmaids-dresses-db?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:e49d5681-2f9e-43bf-8d5a-06249340a2c2Post:f9e36c96-7333-4658-9a8c-59362707ed28">Re: Bridesmaids Dresses from DB</a>:
    [QUOTE]DB often calls the bride for these things, I have no idea why.  If the ladies all paid for their own dresses then I suggest letting them handle the shipping or picking up details.  Give them all the details and let them handle it themselves.  If their dress happens to be the wrong size, DB won't accomidate any exchanging once they leave their store.  Were they all shipped to the same store or, for the one that lives on the east coast, shipped to each persons local store?
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

the 4 that ordered with me there were shipped to all the same location. the one that is ordering on east coast will go to the store closest to her since she will need to do alternations out there before she comes out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then definitely let the girls deal with their own dresses.  It would be horrible if someones dress wasn't right and you didn't know until just before your wedding. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SkiptinkSkiptink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Call your girls and let them know.  Firstly because of DB's policy on exchanging things once they've been taken out of the store. Secondly, it adds excitement for them to get it themselves.  Thirdly, if they're short on space, they can always bring it over to your aunt's house.
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just as a side, I just got measured for a bm dress at a small bridal shop in the valley, and they also said that they would contact the bride to let her know when the dresses were in. I paid for my own dress and gave them all my info, but they are still going to contact the bride.
    But knowing David's policy (and having had some issues with them last year)---for sure let each of the girls go pick up their own dress to make sure it's right.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards