Snarky Brides
Options

can I AW my coach purchases?

I don't own any coach stuff and I doubt I ever will but I did enjoy picking stuff out for my girls...I spent easily 45 minutes walking around trying to figure out what to get...so here goes:

For FSIL who is a BM...nice small purse, she already has a huge one so I figured this one would be a nice smaller option...

For the Best Woman...FI got her a bottle of rum from St. Lucia as part of the gift too but she came to both of my showers so I figured I got some say in her gift.

And for my MOH...big old purse in summer colours...I want to give it to her now but she told me I had to wait til the wedding...

Thanks for letting me show off...I would feel more ridiculous if I was showing off stuff for myself but since it is WR stuff I feel (slightly) less AWish

Re: can I AW my coach purchases?

• Options
    PEOPLE ON HERE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO OWN/BUY NICE THINGS OR TALK ABOUT THEM.

(I love purses)
  • Options
    Ooooh, I love the last one.
  • Options

You are going to have some very happy BMs!
    How was your trip?

• Options
    I am completely obsessed with Coach (to some people's horror... but I don't care!!!) and, uh, those are really, really cute and fun gifts.

Do you need another bridesmaid?  :)
    panther
  • Options
    Now I feel like an a-hole for giving all my BM's cans of sardines.
  • Options
    I like that middle one. I hate coach but thats cute :)
  • Options
    I want all of them!
  • Options
    To be fair, I really only did this so someone can post a secret or call out about how materialistic/AWish/spoiled/rich/etc I am...take the heat off other people...

When we were in the states my gf and I had a convo about whether or not we would spend our imaginary unlimited funds on expensive shoes or purses. I said purses but only because I can't wear heels and so Manolo's and Choo's would seem like such a waste sitting in a closet.

• Options
    One of my BMs is actually getting a non-coach gift because she really doesn't like coach (the one who travels) so I got her something else...I figure the gift is supposed to be about the person getting it...

Jas...trip was great...I spent just over $300, claimed that I spent between $150 and $200 and they didn't charge me duty!

I didn't really buy myself anything, a couple of things at Target (including a Shake Weight...Nebb, don't kill me!)...but other than that my trip was really about BM gifts so I managed to control myself...
  • Options
    I love them!  I am addicted to the Coach outlet.  What great gifts!
  • Options
    I have a Shake Weight too!  I'm an infomercial sucker though.  I'll buy anything I see on TV.
    panther
  • Options
    Nice job on the purses. You have some lucky BM's.

I personally own 3 Coach purses, but we got them at the Outlet Mall, and they are leather, so you cant tell they are Coach unless you look at the inside label. I love them though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    P.S. I heard the first one wants to come home with me.
  • Options
    I've never been a purse person, but I'm sure your BMs will appreciate your efforts. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I love love love Coach.  I love these bags.  Do you need another bridesmaid??  I'm good at drinking, holding flowers and fixing trains of dresses.
  • Options
    Lucky lucky lucky BMs! That last one is calling my name. I think I may have to go ogle the window at the mall my next day off.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • Options
    well ladies...I don't know if there are outlets everywhere but at the outlet in Niagara Falls the sales are crazy...that last one was regular $349 and I paid $146 for it...
  • Options
    I really like....(dashes off to Coach outlet)...I'll finish my sentence laterrrrrr
  • Options
    I have an outlet about three hours from where I live. 

...A road trip may be in order.
    panther
  • Options
    I have a Outlet Mall a half mile up the road. But we dont go there often.
  • Options
    Ah designer handbags... seriously tho need another BM :) 

I'm debating between coach, dooney and makosky for my BM's. My fav is makosky but they are all coach whores lol.
  • Options
    Nice! I like that the two brown ones are pretty classic styles that will look good for a long time. (But I love the bright one too!)

I love the outlets. i have a medium sized purse and matching wallet I got for 50% off. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Actually, perhaps my favorite outlet buy is my Kate Spade purse. Originally $140, purchased for $40 at the outlet.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I used to date a guy that thought it was ludicrous that I could spend nearly 400 bucks on a purse (that's my most expensive Coach purchase) - but he would buy guitars that were like, 1400 bucks.

I wear that purse all the time... and his band broke up. 

I win.
    panther
  • Options
    AATB...FI and I just had a really good laugh at that...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-aw-coach-purchases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:17c97fa8-db7a-4b6f-a7a7-4ff3dc3f68a8Post:20af2af5-b3e3-4888-bf1a-967f4c328abd">Re: can I AW my coach purchases?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB...FI and I just had a really good laugh at that...
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Hehe well good :)

I know expensive purses might seem like a frivolous purchase to some but seriously, after buying my first Coach bag I could never go back.  I feel so good carrying around one of those things.  They're expensive but they're not like, too ridiculous (unless some of those snakeskin design ones that go for like, 1200 bucks.  That's just insane!)
    panther
  • Options
    i *heart* coach.  luck BM's.

i like their Mia line and have my eye on the black leather purse for winter.

coach has great customer service -  my SO bought me a pair of shoes that were backordered and they sent him a $100 gift certificate as an apology. :)
  • Options

Can I be in your wedding please???

p.s. I have a shake weight too.

• Options
    I love the MOH purse
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards