Maine

Cake = Back to square 1

So I have had a cake baker lined up for several months now, FI and I were supposed to go and do our tasting next weekend and I got an email from the baker letting me know that they were moving out of state and could no longer make cakes for 2011.  So now I am frustrated and back to square 1, as I was positive that that was who I wanted for a baker.

I have been searching online all morning to find a new baker, but I either don't like them or there are not enough flavor options.  I want flavors like white almond a coconut, not white and red velvet.  I know I am being picky, but the cake is one of my big focus' for the wedding. 

What also makes it hard is that the wedding is in Madison (Skowhegan area), which makes both the Coast and the Portland area a couple hour drive away, and I know that a maximum hour drive is usually what is recommmended for cake travel. 

So if anyone has any recommendations that I could look into that would be great! TIA!

Re: Cake = Back to square 1

• edited December 2011
    Oh and the Baker I was originally set on was Splattered Batter out of Augusta.
  • edited December 2011

Not sure if you have done this....but when you find bakeries I would try calling them and asking if they would do special flavors.  A lot of bakeries don't list all of the flavors that they will make, and are happy to make what you want. 

• aallen54321aallen54321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the European bakery in Falmouth. Their cake was amazing! I think they have at least 30 different types of fillings and cake options. The tasting is free and they dont pressure you to go with them. i tryed prob 7 different typed and brought home lots of leftovers! If you try them go on a empty belly! They also dont require a deposit.
  • aallen54321aallen54321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im got my cake from them and every layer of my cake is a different kind of cake and filling but the outside is the same frosting so it looks like one type of cake. I thought it would be neat for ppl to have different options.

• edited December 2011
    The European bakery looks great! Thanks I am going to look into them.
  • dmartineau1dmartineau1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

look up "Heather's Bakery" in Auburn, ME. the actual bakery location is not there anymore (although the website still is) but Heather still makes amazing cakes! Her name is Heather Keech. if you like her work I can get her # for you.

• edited December 2011
    I am using Deb Golden of Heavenly Delights bakery in Augusta.  Her cakes are delicious, and the frosting is to die for!  She does have a website if you want to check it out.  www.heavenlydelightsbakery.biz
    HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I just had my wedding this past weekend and my cake from European Bakery in Falmouth was AMAZING.  It was also the most yummy AND yummy-looking cake I had ever  had. 

August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using The Bankery in Skowhegan for my wedding in three weeks and they have been amazing so far. I would recommend them to anyone! Definitely look into them since you're in that area too!
  • edited December 2011
    Heavenly Delights in Augusta. She did my cake, It was beautiful and tasty. It was 200 dollars for a cake that fed 120 ppl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards