Flowers

Here's a challenge for you

So, my wedding colors are lavender, silver and white. My flowers are all roses.

My fiance looooves red roses. I want to find a way to incorporate it in the wedding somehow, but I can't think of a way. He has said himself that it wouldn't work with anything else and left it at that, but I want to surprise him. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Here's a challenge for you

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could carry a red rose bouquet--and have your girls carry white.

He could have a red rose bout--he doesn't have to match the others.

You could wear a red rose fascinator in your hair--even if it's just for the reception.

That's all I can think of.  You could always do something at the RD too.

ETA:  Red rose petals to line your aisle. 
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_heres-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:dc06be57-77e9-4320-976b-ce33a00f0820Post:1f1e0983-a862-4baa-a4e5-898b942bd3ca">Re: Here's a challenge for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You could carry a red rose bouquet</strong>--and have your girls carry white. <strong>He could have a red rose bout</strong>--he doesn't have to match the others. You could wear a red rose fascinator in your hair--even if it's just for the reception. That's all I can think of.  You could always do something at the RD too.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Fabulous!  Go for it.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love a little lavender in with red roses.  Like red roses and purple limonium. 

Weddings don't have to be a certain color, and not everything has to match.  The reception flowers don't have to match your "wedding colors" or the BM dresses.
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the idea of you carrying a red bouquet is cute if he wants red roses. That way not only will he get to see you walking down the aisle, but he'll get to see the roses for the first time too. Or you could just put a few red ones sprinkled in to other flower arrangements.

I couldn't find the picture I was looking for, but this has purple, white, and red roses, and it looks lovely.

http://www.momentsincolor.com/images/Mix%20of%20pink%20to%20lavender%20roses027_large.jpg

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitiely give him a red bout!
  • DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the red rose bouquet for you and a red rose bout for him.  Then all the WP flowers can be in your wedding colors and the two of you will stick out with his fav : )
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    there are roses that are deep red and velvety.I can see your girla carrying bokays accented with purple statice and black majic or black bacara roses. You could cary solid red.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards