Washington-Seattle
Options

how far is too far?

So I am looking at wedding venues and I really want my wedding in the woods. I live in seattle and so do most of my friends and family. I've found a few places that would be absolutely perfect, the only problem is that they are about a 3 hour drive.. I have found one place that is maybe an hour or so away. is that still too far in your opinion? I don't want my guests to dread my wedding because of the drive.

Re: how far is too far?

• Options
    Have you looked at Treehouse Point in Issaquah? They have weddings there and probably not a horrible drive from Seattle.
  • Options
    Would it be possible to rent a shuttle/van to transport your guests from the hotel (where you have rooms blocked) to the venue?  That would take away some of the PITA factors of having a wedding that's far away.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    Honestly, being from the area and knowing how far everything is from, well everywhere, I would drive pretty much anywhere for a wedding. My mom and I once drove all the way to Tracey Castle in Buckley from Everett. But this is just me. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Is it just driving? And if your wedding is on a Saturday. I could do an hour and a half each way or so.
  • Options
    erikanavarro- WOW i just checked out treehouse point's website. it is beautiful! thanks for the recomendation :)

And thank you everyone for all of your feedback. I really appreciate your insight!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards