Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Songs

Hey ladies! I can't believe we are so close to our big day! I am struggling to pick all our songs.
I am so curious what everyone else chose for their songs! What songs did you pick for your:

Wedding Party Processional

Bridal Party Preocessional

Recessional

Bridal Party Entrance

Bride and Groom Entrance

First Dance
Father/Daughter:

Cake cutting:
Garter removal:

Bouquet toss:
Last dance:

Also any recommendations on good songs to play at the wedding!!!
Thanks again!!

Re: Songs

• Hey! 
    I spoke to a DJ company in miami that offered the top 100 songs most played for all these. It was so helpful to find the ones i will use. The link he sent me was: http://www.bittonevents.com/most-requested-songs/ you select the list and it has amazing options. Good luck! 
    "Singer, songwriter, pet lover, hiking enthusiast, and Wikipedia contributor!"
  • Thank you!! This looks like it will help out a lot :)
  • Here is what my plan is so far:

Wedding Party Processional:  Seating of family is" Fools Rush In" (Ingrid Michaelson) and I think my bridal party is walking in to "I will be there for you" (Jessica Andrews)-- I almost was going to use My Wish or an acoustic cover of We Found Love, so I honestly go back and forth frequently

Bride Processional: No doubt am walking to "Marry Me" from Train

Recessional: My DJ is going to start playing "At Last" but then change it up to something fun, which we are not completely decided on yet. 

Bridal Party Entrance:  Girls are walking in to "Girls Run The World" from Beyonce and the Guys are entering to "Suit & Tie" from JT

Bride and Groom Entrance:  I think we are using "Yeah 3x" from Chris Brown

First Dance: "Your Everything" from Keith Urban
    Father/Daughter: its a surprise to me, my dad is picking this

Cake cutting: "Pour Some Sugar on Me"
    Garter removal: The DJ is doing a mix, but will start with "Sexy Back" from JT

Bouquet toss: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" Pat Benetar
    Last dance: Either "Time of Your Life" from Green Day or "Last Dance" from Donna Summer

Anniversary
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    All our music was performed by a string trio. 

Wedding Party Processional: Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles

Bride's Entrance: In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

Recessional: Star Wars Throne Room

Cake cutting: All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera

We didn't have dancing; the trio played a variety of music at the reception from classical to modern pop. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Family seated: Towards the very end of the prelude, during (I hope) Shubert's Ave Maria.

Processional (BM's and I are sharing the song): Trombone choir playing Pachebel Canon, that I'm arranging

Recessional: We haven't decided, but it'll be something classical and fanfare-y.  Again, played by our trombone choir.

WP Entrance: Probably nothing, but that may change

B and G Entrance: 76 trombones, played by our trombone choir joined by a snare drum

First Dance: "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon
    Father-Daughter Dance: Most likely, "Cotton Jenny" by Gordon Lightfoot
    Mother-Son Dance: We don't know yet

Cake Cutting: Stars and Stripes Forever

Bouquet Toss: Still undecided, may go without music

Last Dance: Undecided, because we don't know how our exit is going to work.  Options we've discussed are "Don't Stop Believing", "Time of my life" (Dirty Dancing) or "Forever Young".  Idk.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Processional (brass quintet):
    Mothers & BP:  "Entrance of the Nobles" by Rimsky-Korsakov
    Bride:  "Thaxted" by Holst (aka the middle section of "Jupiter" from the Planets suite)

Recessional (brass quintet):
    "La Rejouissance" by Handel (from Music for the Royal Fireworks)

BP entrance:  "December 1963 (Oh What A Night)" by Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
    B&G entrance:  "In the Stone" by Earth Wind & Fire

First dance:  "You're the Inspiration" by Chicago
    Father/daughter: "What I Did for Love" from the musical A Chorus Line
    Mother/son:  "In My LIfe" by the Beatles

Cake cutting:  "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor

Bouquet toss (bouquet made of lottery tickets):  
    "If I Had A Million Dollar" by Barenaked Ladies

Last dance:  "Late in the Evening" by Paul Simon
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I posted all of these on the music stickie. Still not sure about 1st dance.  Not having a formal wedding party entry.  We're doing a couples' photo shoot for about a half hour between photos with family and entry.  I might or might not change my dress. I do feel we should have a certain song to come into the room, but I don't know how we'd possibly arrange this as our arrival is a bit uncertain based on this off-site photo shoot.

• edited July 2013
    CEREMONY
    Family seated: Beauty and the beast instrumental

Bridal Party Preocessional: Sakura Sakura

Bride Entrance: Christina Perri - A thousand Years

Tea Ceremony: Romeo/ Juliet Musical - Aimer instrumental

Recessional: Vidoll - Blue Star

RECEPTION
    Parents Entrance: BSB - Perfect Fan

Bridal Party Entrance: D - Ouka Saki Some ni Keri

Bride and Groom Entrance: Black Eyed Peas - I gotta feeling

First Dance: Gackt - Love Letter

Father/Daughter: Heartland - I loved her first

Mother/Son: Seamo - Mother

Cake cutting: Adam Sandler - I wanna grow old with you

Garter removal: Nelly - Hot in herre

Garter toss: Lichi Hikari Club - shikkouku no bara

Garter Placement: Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man

Bouquet toss: Christina Aguilera  - Come on over

Last dance: Smap - Lion Heart
  • Iam looking for a song to use to dance with my stepsons. They are 19 (almost 20) and 12. They are so important to me but im just at a loss as to what song to use.
  • I presume you are open to a suggestion from a soon-to-be groom?  I was on here helping my fiancee with figuring out a couple of our still pending music needs which is something I was tasked with because of my training as a violinist. "Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd is a good and fairly "masculine" choice while having a good message (to be a decent, honest and forthright man as you go through your life).  It is what I am using for the dance with my mother. 

To answer the rest of the questions: 
    CEREMONY
    Family seated:  UNDECIDED

Entrance of the Groom and Groomsmen:  "March to the Scaffold" from "Symphonie Fantastique" by Hector Berlioz.  For those who don't get the joke/irony, a scaffold at the time the piece was written was the raised platform on which a guillotine was placed.  ;)

Bridal Party Processional: UNDECIDED

Bride Entrance: The Imperial March- John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra

Recessional: UNDECIDED

RECEPTION
    Parents Entrance:  Not an option since we are doing our reception at the same site that we are having the ceremony.

Bridal Party Entrance:  Not an option since we are doing our reception at the same site that we are having the ceremony

Bride and Groom Entrance: Upon our return from the traditional Yihud (a Jewish tradition of the bride and groom getting 15 minutes to themselves after the ceremoney), we have not decided what to use....

First Dance: "Lost in this Moment"- Big and Rich (I, as the groom, was given zero say on this one)

Father/Daughter: Heartland - I loved her first  (which is a song my fiancee insisted upon even though I had never heard of it)

Mother/Son: "Simple Man"- Lynyrd Skynyrd

Cake cutting: I don't think we will be using music during this....

Garter removal: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this

Garter toss: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this

Garter Placement: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this

Bouquet toss: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this as something to have music for.

Last dance: No clue....
  • I presume you are open to a suggestion from a soon-to-be groom?  I was on here helping my fiancee with figuring out a couple of our still pending music needs which is something I was tasked with because of my training as a violinist. "Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd is a good and fairly "masculine" choice while having a good message (to be a decent, honest and forthright man as you go through your life).  It is what I am using for the dance with my mother. 

To answer the rest of the questions: 
    CEREMONY
    Family seated:  UNDECIDED

Entrance of the Groom and Groomsmen:  "March to the Scaffold" from "Symphonie Fantastique" by Hector Berlioz.  For those who don't get the joke/irony, a scaffold at the time the piece was written was the raised platform on which a guillotine was placed.  ;)

Bridal Party Processional: UNDECIDED

Bride Entrance: The Imperial March- John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra

Recessional: UNDECIDED

RECEPTION
    Parents Entrance:  Not an option since we are doing our reception at the same site that we are having the ceremony.

Bridal Party Entrance:  Not an option since we are doing our reception at the same site that we are having the ceremony

Bride and Groom Entrance: Upon our return from the traditional Yihud (a Jewish tradition of the bride and groom getting 15 minutes to themselves after the ceremoney), we have not decided what to use....

First Dance: "Lost in this Moment"- Big and Rich (I, as the groom, was given zero say on this one)

Father/Daughter: Heartland - I loved her first  (which is a song my fiancee insisted upon even though I had never heard of it)

Mother/Son: "Simple Man"- Lynyrd Skynyrd

Cake cutting: I don't think we will be using music during this....

Garter removal: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this

Garter toss: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this

Garter Placement: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this

Bouquet toss: UNDECIDED, in fact we never even thought of this as something to have music for.

Last dance: No clue....
  • Wedding Party Processional: Canon

Bridal Party Preocessional: Canon

Recessional: Vivadli Four Seasons- Spring

Bridal Party Entrance: They're each entering to their own favourite song so 1 couple is thrift shop, 1 couple is friends in low places and 1 couple is some one direction song as they're younger.

Bride and Groom Entrance: glory glory man united (we're both huge manchester united supporters so we're coming out holding our scarves as well lol)

First Dance: Still undecided
    Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dance (same time to condense): What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

Cake cutting: not sure yet
    Garter removal: not sure yet

Bouquet toss: all the single ladies - beyonce
    Last dance: I'm yours - jason mraz i think it's by...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards