Snarky Brides

Happy Hump Day!

Good morning! I dont even know why I am awake right now to be honest. Ugh. Nothing exciting planned for the day. Im thinking of making some steak and eggs for breakfast & burgers for dinner. I might go out and apply for some jobs today, since its super nice out. Otherwise, its just another day of cleaning.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy Hump Day!

• tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Good Morning ladies,
    I am officially at the halfway point of my job today.  I am happy because that means I will be going home to FI but sad because I really like this job.  It is nice to feel like I have a purpose and something to do.
    I talked to my contact at my possible dream job and he said he talked to administration and they might be interested in hiring somebody part time.  That would be awesome for me since we want to have kids pretty soon after we get married since I will be 36 in June and FI is 44.  We talked about a year but if I am working part time maybe I can talk him into sooner!  I'm asking for T&P that this job works out.
  • Good Morning,

Tlc - I hope you get it!!
    Sierra -  that sounds delicious. one time we made burgers and put eggs on it. It freaked me out at first but it was pretty good.

Nothing too new to report here. Just plans to go to the gym and read more of my book.
    I am excited about it though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Morning Ladies! 

I've been MIA for a few days because work has been busy. I also was given an unexpected promotion to art director, which is really awesome. The new position comes with a bit more work and responsibility so I'll have a little less free time to Knot at work. 

I made delicious buffalo chicken gorgonzola burgers on Monday night. I'm hoping I can find a little free time today to write a new blog post about it because I need to share this recipe with the world. 

Sierra - steak and eggs sounds delicious!
    Tlc - good luck on the new job prospect!
    Apple - what book are you reading? 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:27f9a6fc-f4a7-464d-9e73-8b4d37bb7e32">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning Ladies!  I've been MIA for a few days because work has been busy. I also was given an unexpected promotion to art director, which is really awesome. The new position comes with a bit more work and responsibility so I'll have a little less free time to Knot at work.  I made delicious buffalo chicken gorgonzola burgers on Monday night. I'm hoping I can find a little free time today to write a new blog post about it because I need to share this recipe with the world.  Sierra - steak and eggs sounds delicious! Tlc - good luck on the new job prospect! Apple - what book are you reading? 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I am on game of thrones a storm of swords.
    I am loving it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:62d189f1-8174-473c-96ba-7e63fe47e1cf">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : I am on game of thrones a storm of swords. I am loving it.
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

<div>The third book was the best! You'll really enjoy it. Do yourself a favor, if you watch the HBO series Game of Thrones, finish the third book first before starting to watch this season. While it coincides with the third book, they've changed the order a bit of how things happen. During the first episode you find out something that is not revealed in the book until about half way through. </div><div>
    </div><div>Tarra, I just caught up reading the Monday and Tuesday threads, PM me a link to your font! Or is it up on your portfolio site already? Congrats for getting an offer on it so quickly! </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My goal was to finish this book before the third season but I just finished the second by the time the third one started.
    I am getting a little ahead so my goal is to get way farther before sunday.
    but I Love it!

I was already told some spoilers so I am not looking forward to getting too much farther into it.. but it has to happen.

• Congrats Buzz! Hope everyone is having a good week! Burgers sounds good! We have a whole chicken that i was going to roast, but maybe we'll do BBQ chicken, tomato and avocado sandwiches for dinner instead. That's one of my favorite go-to summer dinners.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:780938c9-b14e-4f51-b900-caa443a182b4">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : The third book was the best! You'll really enjoy it. Do yourself a favor, if you watch the HBO series Game of Thrones, finish the third book first before starting to watch this season. While it coincides with the third book, they've changed the order a bit of how things happen. During the first episode you find out something that is not revealed in the book until about half way through.  Tarra, I just caught up reading the Monday and Tuesday threads, PM me a link to your font! Or is it up on your portfolio site already? Congrats for getting an offer on it so quickly! 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I've never read the book series, but my H is a BIG fan, and we watch the show religiously.  I can't lie, I didn't like the first two seasons.  The current season is really awesome though, and is less focused on treating the audience like drooling teenagers.

Right now I'm reading a hilariously bad romance novel.  I'm the only person I know that reads them for entertainment value.  Space dragons, people.  Space dragons.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• lol that sounds a little amazing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:5a96b410-4a80-462c-ba4f-aa4f27d72703">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : I've never read the book series, but my H is a BIG fan, and we watch the show religiously.  I can't lie, I didn't like the first two seasons.  The current season is really awesome though, and is less focused on treating the audience like drooling teenagers. Right now I'm reading a hilariously bad romance novel.  I'm the only person I know that reads them for entertainment value.  Space dragons, people.  Space dragons.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

I'm currently reading a series about angels and archangels who rule the world and keep vampires in check. I love a good cheesy bad book. I also like supernatural romance, just finished a series about werewolves that lead into another series about shape shifters. My FI hates when I read about dragons, b'c then I go on and on about them. How I would love a dragon and they must have existed at some point, because they're present in mythology from all over the world.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:6645a186-992b-41da-96d6-8d6cf84c6db4">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : I'm currently reading a series about angels and archangels who rule the world and keep vampires in check. I love a good cheesy bad book. I also like supernatural romance, just finished a series about werewolves that lead into another series about shape shifters. My FI hates when I read about dragons, b'c then I go on and on about them. How I would love a dragon and they must have existed at some point, because they're present in mythology from all over the world.
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

I love a good cheesy supernat romance too!  My H just shakes his head at me.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:5a96b410-4a80-462c-ba4f-aa4f27d72703">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : I've never read the book series, but my H is a BIG fan, and we watch the show religiously.  I can't lie, I didn't like the first two seasons.  The current season is really awesome though, and is less focused on treating the audience like drooling teenagers. Right now I'm reading a hilariously bad romance novel.  I'm the only person I know that reads them for entertainment value.  Space dragons, people.  Space dragons.

<div>I have to agree with you Pele, that most of the sex stuff in the HBO series and in the books is little much for me. I don't know, mostly because it just doesn't seem needed in many cases. </div><div>
    </div><div>Angel, like I said the burgers were really good. I don't AW my blog too much, but here's the recipe for what I made. I eat my burgers bunless because they're so tasty and there's no need to find gf buns.</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://serifandspice.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/buffalo-chicken-gorgonzola-burgers/" rel="nofollow">http://serifandspice.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/buffalo-chicken-gorgonzola-burgers/</a></div><div>
    </div><div>I need a new good book to read. I'm currently reading a non-fiction cooking novel, but it's not as good as I was hoping it to be. Space dragons sounds interesting. What's the book?</div>

• edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:84e4029b-d815-4f40-b31c-fcde145589b9">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : I have to agree with you Pele, that most of the sex stuff in the HBO series and in the books is little much for me. I don't know, mostly because it just doesn't seem needed in many cases.  Angel, like I said the burgers were really good. I don't AW my blog too much, but here's the recipe for what I made. I eat my burgers bunless because they're so tasty and there's no need to find gf buns. <a rel="nofollow" href="http://serifandspice.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/buffalo-chicken-gorgonzola-burgers/">http://serifandspice.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/buffalo-chicken-gorgonzola-burgers/</a><strong> I need a new good book to read. I'm currently reading a non-fiction cooking novel, but it's not as good as I was hoping it to be. Space dragons sounds interesting. What's the book?</strong>
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I wouldn't call this book 'good' by any stretch of the imagination :P.  It's part of a series that can be started at any book.  The author's name is Michelle Pillow (pen name much?), and this particular book is The Warrior Prince.</div><div>
    </div><div>It's hysterically trashy.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you want GOOD books, look at stuff by Patricia Briggs, Kim Harrison, and Lillith Saint Crow.  I freakin love thier stuff!</div>

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:8dceb2c6-2b91-4000-bb28-dde3621cd667">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : I wouldn't call this book 'good' by any stretch of the imagination :P.  It's part of a series that can be started at any book.  The author's name is Michelle Pillow (pen name much?), and this particular book is The Warrior Prince. It's hysterically trashy. If you want GOOD books, look at stuff by Patricia Briggs, Kim Harrison, and Lillith Saint Crow.  I freakin love thier stuff!
    <div>
    </div><div>Somehow I had a feeling that was the case, lol!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:4fc0db69-5ba7-495c-a984-9aeed36fad69">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : Somehow I had a feeling that was the case, lol!
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for a good dragon series, I loved 'The Dragon Riders of Pern' by Anne McCaffrey. It's more fantasy than romance though, I tend to bounce back and forth.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:902ec6b4-f0f6-4c3a-a7cb-b164225a38e8">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : If you're looking for a good dragon series, I loved 'The Dragon Riders of Pern' by Anne McCaffrey. It's more fantasy than romance though, I tend to bounce back and forth.
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

Omgeeerd!  I love her books!  I really dislike the direction her son is taking with the series though :(.

Anniversary

• shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I -just- finished book 5 of the Song of Fire and Ice series (GOT).  That dude has ripped my heart out and stomped on it more times than I care to think about.  I bawled like an idiot over some stuff, just to get yanked around.  Repeatedly.  I'd have thrown my book, exept it was my Kindle.

Fun fantasy stuff?  Piers Anthony's Xanth series is a good laugh if you like puns.  I love his "Incarnations of Immortality" series too.  And I like Robert Asprin's "MYTH" and "Phule's" series.

Anyone read any of Jacqueline Carey's "Kushiel's" series?

And -seriously- those burgers sound a-FREAKING-mazing!!  I'm sitting here salivating (doesn't help it's close to lunch and all I've got is another boring frozen Lean Cuisine.  Ugh.).  I'm gonna nab your recipe and give it a whirl!!

Good luck TLC!  I'm not doing my 'dream job', but it sure helped having connections to get me in to something I can happily see retiring from!  And, like you, FI and I have plans to try and have a kiddo after the wedding.  We're also on the "time crunch" since I'll be 36 in August and he's 46.  Gonna be a big space between our current kiddos and the new one.  Talk about starting all over again!  I am SUPER excited!  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d15ff719-0d69-4ae1-a72e-912a6205c69ePost:0632783b-fc6d-4a7b-8645-81633109d961">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : Omgeeerd!  I love her books!  I really dislike the direction her son is taking with the series though :(.

I didn't know her son was writing more! But maybe I should stay away and not tarnish my love of Pern.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards