Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday chat

Morning all. Today is really dragging. Maybe a little convo here will help speed things along. 

Tonight, FI and I are going to our last Devils game of the season. There's another home game on Thursday but I have my final dress fitting and FI is going to the NFL draft so we ended up selling our tickets. I'm pretty bummed the Devils didn't make the post-season this year. It's like the 2nd time in 16 years we didn't make the playoffs. It blows. 

I read this morning that NYC wants to change the legal (cigarette) smoking age to 21. I'm curious what people think of this. I see no problem with it at all, personally. You can't drink until you're 21 so why not add smoking in with that.

Re: Tuesday chat

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:9ba63a4c-1aef-44a3-be8a-8ebcb50cf486">Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all. Today is really dragging. Maybe a little convo here will help speed things along.  Tonight, FI and I are going to our last Devils game of the season. There's another home game on Thursday but I have my final dress fitting and FI is going to the NFL draft so we ended up selling our tickets. I'm pretty bummed the Devils didn't make the post-season this year. It's like the 2nd time in 16 years we didn't make the playoffs. It blows.  I read this morning that NYC wants to change the legal (cigarette) smoking age to 21. I'm curious what people think of this. I see no problem with it at all, personally. <strong>You can't drink until you're 21 so why not add smoking in with that.
    </strong>Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

You make a valid point, however, do you think teens will listen? They smoke before 18 now, what makes the lawmakers think the trend wont continue?

My invites come tomorrow, eek! We will have to assemble all 200 of them and I am not looking forward to that.

• Today's my first day back at work after an awesome weekend up in NYC, so I'm dragging from that. DRAGGING. I wanna be back up there instead of down here where you can sweep your hand through the air and come up with a palm full of pollen.

• s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:9ba63a4c-1aef-44a3-be8a-8ebcb50cf486">Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all. Today is really dragging. Maybe a little convo here will help speed things along.  Tonight, FI and I are going to our last Devils game of the season. There's another home game on Thursday but I have my final dress fitting and FI is going to the NFL draft so we ended up selling our tickets. I'm pretty bummed the Devils didn't make the post-season this year. It's like the 2nd time in 16 years we didn't make the playoffs. It blows. <strong> I read this morning that NYC wants to change the legal (cigarette) smoking age to 21. I'm curious what people think of this. I see no problem with it at all, personally. You can't drink until you're 21 so why not add smoking in with that.</strong>
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I think it's a stupid move. Over time it's going to change the culture of cigarette smoking, idealize it for "adults" and make it more appealing to younger folks. Just like alcohol is.

Teens tend to drink because it's a "grown up" thing that young adults can do - it's cool because it's taboo. That same mentality is going to come with cigarettes soon. I mean, fewer people going to binge-smoke like they binge drink, but teens rebel and deliberately try to cross the lines of social taboos (hair, piercings, tattoos, and other non- traditional-middle class - white -American-values. ) just to do it. They may drink to rebel, and they'll smoke to rebel too. Once it's legal, it won't be as cool.

If you're going to make it for 21+, you might as well just make it illegal. It'll help our healthcare system

PS - I don't smoke and I hate being around it.

PPS - And I'm in the camp that if you can die in the military for your country at 19, you should be able to have a beer/cigarette to blow off some of the steam that comes with the job.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes today is dragging.

I think it's smart for cigarette smoking to be raised to 21.  If they aren't as acessible as a younger age may be it will give someone time to think over smoking and the potential health hazards. Does that make any sense?

I really don't want to be at work.  We close on the house yesterday and I just want to be over there cleaning up and moving boxes in.  We aren't officially moving in until 5/4.  We finally decided on a color for the master bedroom too. It's a light green.

We also have a wedding date with the church and now we need to find a venue.  Life is a bit crazy but good crazy.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:498dfbd5-5a2b-4c89-9842-2a3888de0664">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tuesday chat : You make a valid point, however, do you think teens will listen? They smoke before 18 now, what makes the lawmakers think the trend wont continue? My invites come tomorrow, eek! We will have to assemble all 200 of them and I am not looking forward to that.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I started smoking when I was 16. Guess who bought them for me? My friends who were 18. </div>

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    I feel like when you're in high school there's so much more peer pressure to smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, try drugs vs when you're 21 and in college or in the workforce. If the age for smoking were raised, and this made it that much harder for kids to get cigarettes, they're much less likely to become addicted to it. 

Like I said in my response to Stina above, I started smoking cigarettes when I was 16 years old. For the most part, I couldn't and didn't get them on my own but I had friends who were older and they'd buy me packs. I smoked for 7 years before I was finally able to kick the habit and it was 100% without a doubt the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. 

ETA: I'm not saying there is NO peer pressure after high school, just that TO ME it seems more prevalent in high school and I feel like as we get older, we feel more comfortable with saying no to things we don't actually want to do. 

• I honestly don't know whether or not I agree with making 21 the legal age for smoking cigarettes. I see both sides of the argument and I can't make up my mind whether it would help or not.

FI and I finalized our menu with our caterer last weekend which was pretty cool. For one of our cocktail hour apps we have a tomato bisque shooter with a small grilled cheese slice on top the glass which sounds absolutely amazing to me lol. Unfortunately, I won't get to eat it while it's being served since I'll be taking pictures but maybe I can snag one before we make our entrance lol.

• last night I dreamed I was eating Oreos.  that's all I've got this morning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:7672c8cd-ae9e-45d2-8409-f86f89edbc85">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't know whether or not I agree with making 21 the legal age for smoking cigarettes. I see both sides of the argument and I can't make up my mind whether it would help or not. FI and I finalized our menu with our caterer last weekend which was pretty cool. <strong>For one of our cocktail hour apps we have a tomato bisque shooter with a small grilled cheese slice on top the glass which sounds absolutely amazing to me lol. </strong>Unfortunately, I won't get to eat it while it's being served since I'll be taking pictures but maybe I can snag one before we make our entrance lol.
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

<div>Mmmm that sounds delish! Tell them to keep a couple on the side for you for after pictures!</div>

• Peer pressure story: My roommate and I were drinking (I think I was still 20) in our dry dorm room with our 19 y.o. friend N. She and I were doing shots. He didn't want to do one and she made him feel bad, callin him a pu**y (idk if it counts as a swear word). I told him he didn't have to take a shot if he didn't want to, then she told me I was not helping him man-up. :/ He nursed it and she made fun of him.

On a better note, my boss was passing out Godiva chocolates :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:7672c8cd-ae9e-45d2-8409-f86f89edbc85">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't know whether or not I agree with making 21 the legal age for smoking cigarettes. I see both sides of the argument and I can't make up my mind whether it would help or not. FI and I finalized our menu with our caterer last weekend which was pretty cool. <strong>For one of our cocktail hour apps we have a tomato bisque shooter with a small grilled cheese slice on top the glass which sounds absolutely amazing to me lo</strong>l. Unfortunately, I won't get to eat it while it's being served since I'll be taking pictures but maybe I can snag one before we make our entrance lol.
    That does sound really good!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:727f1aa0-1235-471c-9a46-f2f9ece7be4c">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]last night I dreamed I was eating Oreos.  that's all I've got this morning.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>Last night I dreamed that Michael Myers (from the movie 'Halloween') was coming after me to kill me. </div><div>
    </div><div>This is odd because I've had dreams that he was in MANY times before but he's always trying to kill someone else and would wave at me and keep on his merry way. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not sure what I've done to upset him but apparently we're not friends anymore. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:66aba405-8255-42f1-86ea-6f105ca40dea">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peer pressure story: My roommate and I were drinking (I think I was still 20) in our dry dorm room with our 19 y.o. friend N. She and I were doing shots. He didn't want to do one and she made him feel bad, callin him a pu**y (idk if it counts as a swear word). I told him he didn't have to take a shot if he didn't want to, then she told me I was not helping him man-up. :/ He nursed it and she made fun of him. On a better note, my boss was passing out Godiva chocolates :)
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>Peer pressure sucks. I was peer-pressured into smoking weed for the first time. I probably would have tried it eventually anyway but I was pretty young when I gave in originally which makes me kind of sad. </div>

• I vote we make cigarettes illegal & make weed legal and just be done with it. I realize that could be an unpopular opinion, but hey, this is America.

RDR, I'm sorry you & Mr. Myers aren't friends anymore. I had a serial killer dream recently too, and it was terrifying.

I feel like I need to keep a dream journal. I remember so many of my dreams as soon as I wake up, and then forget them. And I feel like it would be a very interesting look into my psyche if I could write them all down.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:1fe0f801-e959-4420-a28e-1d23be4b848f">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I vote we make cigarettes illegal & make weed legal and just be done with it. I realize that could be an unpopular opinion, but hey, this is America. RDR, I'm sorry you & Mr. Myers aren't friends anymore.</strong> I had a serial killer dream recently too, and it was terrifying. I feel like I need to keep a dream journal. I remember so many of my dreams as soon as I wake up, and then forget them. And I feel like it would be a very interesting look into my psyche if I could write them all down.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>I am down with this plan.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks. I wish I could go back and ask him what I've done wrong. Maybe next time I'll think of it. </div>

• I feel like I had a dream and some NEY girls were in it.  I don't remember any more than that though unforunately.

Anniversary

• edited April 2013
    H had a dream he was being chased by the mafia in Mexico last night.  what is with you people?? 
  • s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday chat:
    [QUOTE]I vote we make cigarettes illegal & make weed legal and just be done with it. I realize that could be an unpopular opinion, but hey, this is America. RDR, I'm sorry you & Mr. Myers aren't friends anymore. I had a serial killer dream recently too, and it was terrifying. I feel like I need to keep a dream journal. I remember so many of my dreams as soon as I wake up, and then forget them. And I feel like it would be a very interesting look into my psyche if I could write them all down.

I concur!

I dreamed that a girl I knew in middle school who I just recently unfriended stopped by on a Friday at like 9:30pm as I was getting into bed. I told her she could make it quick, becaue I had to be up at 5am. She wouldn't leave and was wondering why I didn't want to eat pizza with her family. It was like hello! I just brushed my teeth and am in my reindeer PJs.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:7672c8cd-ae9e-45d2-8409-f86f89edbc85">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't know whether or not I agree with making 21 the legal age for smoking cigarettes. I see both sides of the argument and I can't make up my mind whether it would help or not. FI and I finalized our menu with our caterer last weekend which was pretty cool. For one of our cocktail hour apps we have a tomato bisque shooter with a small grilled cheese slice on top the glass which sounds absolutely amazing to me lol. Unfortunately, I won't get to eat it while it's being served since I'll be taking pictures but maybe I can snag one before we make our entrance lol.

I'll have Timmy save one for both of us! If we miss out we can always do a "mini-food" party on our own time and make little shooters of everything!

As far as smoking goes, I just can't agree with raising the age limit to 21. I don't smoke and I hate smoking. I hate what it does to people in regards to their health, quality of life, and the quality of their children's lives but I just can't condone raising the age limit for other reasons. Those reasons are 1. You're legally an adult at 18. That means you can vote and join the military. I feel like this is sort of a slippery slope of limiting the rights of adults (I also hate that the drinking age is 21 and is essentially mandated by the federal gov't.). I think what we need to focus on is not the idea that taking away something "bad" will improve young adult's health and lives. Instead we need to work on awareness and on defeating the culture that drinking and smoking is sexy and desirable.

I feel like it made a major impression on me when my parents allowed me and my sisters to have a drink at the dinner table starting around age 13 but only on special occasions. As we got older, like around 17 or 18, my mom would share her wine or hard lemonade with us casually. I didn't hop into the college culture thinking OMG easy access to alcohol! And I definitely didn't lose myself in a wash of binge drinking, smoking, or doing drugs.

I'm sure some of this is probably due to my personality and my upbringing. My parents are not smokers so I didn't grow up in a smoke-friendly household and I've never grown to like how cigarettes smell. They ruin your clothes, your furniture, your skin, outside of all of the major health implications. Maybe it's just the scare tactics they use in those D.A.R.E. and other anti-drug classes worked on me and not others.

I'm all about states saying you can't smoke in public spaces like government offices, courts, etc. and I agree that private companies also have the right to limit smoking in their environs. However, I don't agree to raising the legal age limit. We might as well at that point say you aren't even a legal adult until you're 18. Raising the age limit isn't going to stop one single kid from smoking if they really want to, and honestly, might even raise the cool factor of smoking underage.

• edited April 2013
    I've been on Pottermore and reading HP (apparently) way too much lately ... all my dreams over the last week have at least vaguely had to do with HP.

I just wish I could keep my wand. Laurel and phoenix feather. That is, quite frankly, a kick*ss wand. And my world is so much better when I have it.

I got nothing else.

ETA: Oh wait yeah I do. I hate cigarette smoke because it gets in fabric and fabricy substances and is impossible to eradicate. I hate throwing out yarn because of smoke, but I can't tolerate it at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:1fe0f801-e959-4420-a28e-1d23be4b848f">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I vote we make cigarettes illegal & make weed legal and just be done with it. I realize that could be an unpopular opinion, but hey, this is America.</strong> RDR, I'm sorry you & Mr. Myers aren't friends anymore. I had a serial killer dream recently too, and it was terrifying. I feel like I need to keep a dream journal. I remember so many of my dreams as soon as I wake up, and then forget them. And I feel like it would be a very interesting look into my psyche if I could write them all down.

If you ever run for political office you'll have my vote just because of that statement!

Today is dragging at work, I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and BF is getting out of work early.

My eye doctor gave me a sample of new contact lenses and I hate them. My eyes are so so dry. I just want my old brand back. I got back to the eye doctor Saturday so I'm going to order my old brand and hopefully he'll have samples to hold me over until they're shipped.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:1fe0f801-e959-4420-a28e-1d23be4b848f">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote we make cigarettes illegal & make weed legal and just be done with it. I realize that could be an unpopular opinion, but hey, this is America. RDR, I'm sorry you & Mr. Myers aren't friends anymore. I had a serial killer dream recently too, and it was terrifying. <strong>I feel like I need to keep a dream journal. I remember so many of my dreams as soon as I wake up, and then forget them. And I feel like it would be a very interesting look into my psyche if I could write them all down.</strong>

This totally! I have the strangest dreams all the time and I remember them and then forget by the afternoon. My dreams don't make any sense but they have the most random people and things happen in them. Haha I still remember a couple weeks ago I had a dream about getting married in my parent's living room and then a week later I dreamed about getting married in a huge convention center that was full of people going to different conventions and I was just wondering around in my wedding dress lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:53fcd669-50ac-457c-a899-d89a6b3d6640">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday chat : [QUOTE ]I vote we make cigarettes illegal & make weed legal and just be done with it. I realize that could be an unpopular opinion, but hey, this is America. RDR, I'm sorry you & Mr. Myers aren't friends anymore. I had a serial killer dream recently too, and it was terrifying. I feel like I need to keep a dream journal. I remember so many of my dreams as soon as I wake up, and then forget them. And I feel like it would be a very interesting look into my psyche if I could write them all down. Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE] I concur! I dreamed that a girl I knew in middle school who I just recently unfriended stopped by on a Friday at like 9:30pm as I was getting into bed. I told her she could make it quick, becaue I had to be up at 5am. She wouldn't leave and was wondering why I didn't want to eat pizza with her family. <strong>It was like hello! I just brushed my teeth and am in my reindeer PJs</strong>.

<div>I am cracking up over this hahahaha </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:53fcd669-50ac-457c-a899-d89a6b3d6640">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday chat : [QUOTE ]I vote we make cigarettes illegal & make weed legal and just be done with it. I realize that could be an unpopular opinion, but hey, this is America. RDR, I'm sorry you & Mr. Myers aren't friends anymore. I had a serial killer dream recently too, and it was terrifying. I feel like I need to keep a dream journal. I remember so many of my dreams as soon as I wake up, and then forget them. And I feel like it would be a very interesting look into my psyche if I could write them all down. Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE] I concur! I dreamed that a girl I knew in middle school who I just recently unfriended stopped by on a Friday at like 9:30pm as I was getting into bed. I told her she could make it quick, becaue I had to be up at 5am.<strong> She wouldn't leave and was wondering why I didn't want to eat pizza with her family. It was like hello! I just brushed my teeth and am in my reindeer PJs.</strong>

I love this. Dreams are SO weird.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:57dda2f0-b1ca-46ea-af9d-aad6f7817885">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been on Pottermore and r<strong>eading HP (apparently) way too much lately </strong>... all my dreams over the last week have at least vaguely had to do with HP. I just wish I could keep my wand. Laurel and phoenix feather. That is, quite frankly, a kick*ss wand. And my world is so much better when I have it. I got nothing else. ETA: <strong>Oh wait yeah I do. I hate cigarette smoke because it gets in fabric and fabricy substances and is impossible to eradicate. I hate throwing out yarn because of smoke, but I can't tolerate it at all.</strong>
    Posted by KeptInStitches[/QUOTE]

I wish I had time to go on Pottermore more often. I haven't been on in months. I'm on the computer all day, so when I go home I don't want to be.

I had a dream the other night that I was being chased by friends of mine that were dressed like they came out of some WOW/S&M conference and they were trying to kill me. I was using the Accio spell like it was nobody's bidnez (I'm on GoF and had just finished the chapter with the 1st task).

I keep most of my stuff in my room or upstairs at BF's house. My mom smokes and will sit in the middle of the room, light up and ask "Is the smoke bothering you?" if I say yes, she gets an attitude like "why can't I smoke in my own house to relax?" BF's parents are chain smokers, so if I leave a jacket in the kitchen, no matter whether or not it was recently washed, it goes in the wash when I go home.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15dea277-d4c0-4dbc-85fe-7bbc0af99690Post:36866863-2c1c-4a37-8636-4704b4c5f9ad">Re: Tuesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday chat : I wish I had time to go on Pottermore more often. I haven't been on in months. I'm on the computer all day, so when I go home I don't want to be. I had a dream the other night that I was being chased by friends of mine that were dressed like they came out of some WOW/S&M conference and they were trying to kill me. I was using the Accio spell like it was nobody's bidnez (I'm on GoF and had just finished the chapter with the 1st task). I keep most of my stuff in my room or upstairs at BF's house. My mom smokes and will sit in the middle of the room, light up and ask "Is the smoke bothering you?" if I say yes, she gets an attitude like "why can't I smoke in my own house to relax?" BF's parents are chain smokers, so if I leave a jacket in the kitchen, no matter whether or not it was recently washed, <strong>it goes in the wash when I go home</strong>.

<div>What do you use, and does it actually take out the smoke?</div>
  • I just use regular detergent, but normally stuff isn't exposed for more than a few hours.
  • H's mom is a smoker and has been since he can remember. She's very conscientious about her smoking. She never, ever, ever smokes inside the house or near a doorway into the house. The only time she smokes indoors is at the bar her and my FIL go to where EVERYONE is smoking. 

She knows I have a very hard time breathing around cigarette smoke, so she tries very hard to keep it out of my face, but yes, when we go to that bar, it does get on my clothes, and it's gross. A good washing with Tide gets it out no problem. 

She's tried to quit so many times, she just can't do it at this point. I had a point to all of this, but then I had to go help my anti-tech co worker link a page to facebook... 

Also, dreams: I had one on our honeymoon that I was 4 months pregnant and was going to have an abortion. My BFF stopped talking to me because of it. I woke up in a cold sweat. It sucked. <-- I get the Debbie Downer award today...
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Well, I JUST quit my job! Technically, I gave them one week's notice. The job I have been interviewing for offered me the salary I requested, AND they have health benefits (something I wasn't sure about), AND I get two weeks vacation, AND they are closed for a week at the end of summer and between Xmas and New Years. I am so, so, so excited. I have so much to do to get my sh!t before leaving this job, but there is finally an end in sight. 

Now that I can finally stop stressing, I can start looking for a car, start going to the gym again, and relaxing in the evenings (instead of crying). Whew!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations, Hummingbird!!! I hope your new job is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards