Outdoor Weddings

Western Pennsylvania VENUE IDEAS....?

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in the Western Pennsylvania area Memorial Day weekend 2014. 

We need some help with finding a venue and only have a couple of preferences. 

1. relatively inexpensive (we don't want to break the bank)
2. a romantic space (we would love to be married outside!)

Does anyone have any insider tips or suggestions that would help us find the perfect place?

Thank you so much!!

Re: Western Pennsylvania VENUE IDEAS....?

• Try asking the girls on the Local PA board. This is an international board. GL!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_western-pennsylvania-venue-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:ae4e15ef-03f9-4be4-816f-e11156dec2bbPost:68a67b6b-1d2c-42e3-9df9-13fe0d27f81e">Western Pennsylvania VENUE IDEAS....?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are planning on getting married in the Western Pennsylvania area Memorial Day weekend 2014.  We need some help with finding a venue and only have a couple of preferences.  1. relatively inexpensive (we don't want to break the bank) 2. a romantic space (we would love to be married outside!) Does anyone have any insider tips or suggestions that would help us find the perfect place? Thank you so much!!
    Posted by kkcarre[/QUOTE]

We are doing the same though we are having trouble with cost and size (we have 250 guests and a budget of 25,000). Also, I wanted romantic garden... not country rustic which is what's the popular choice right now and I wanted everything in one location since everyone is driving at least an hour because our families are two and half hours apart. Talk about rough. lol. Depending on where you are in western PA and size... there's multiple locates in South Park (I'm using the Cottage there for my bridal shower) or you can try other local parks, Stonebridge Farms Nursey (the one we finally decided on), Pittsburgh Zoo (price not bad but they don't allow ceremonies though there are close parks nearby which you can have the ceremony in), Pittsburgh Aviary, Doubletree Hotel in Moontownship, Green Gables, The Atrium, Chapel Valley Estate, Morning Glory Inn and Lingrow Farms. Hydehold is beautiful but expensive. Some of the other ones I named might be expensive too... I made a habit of checking venue size before pricing since most of these places, although perfect in some areas, didn't allow 250 guests.

Those are all the ones that I have off the top of my head right now. I know that I looked at others too so if you have any questions or need more suggestions, I can probably find some of the other ones I looked at. 
  • <div>
    </div><div>I'm not sure where you are in Western PA, however, I'm in SWPA, Near Pittsburgh and I know of quite a few good spots around here I looked at, including the one I chose, most are very very cost efficent (we're doing this very low budget/DIY) If you want a list with some info shoot me an email (jamierocksanne@gmail.com) figure its not worth really going through all of it, if you're not in the area....most are with in 45-hour of Pittsburgh/Greensburg area. Let me know! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_western-pennsylvania-venue-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:ae4e15ef-03f9-4be4-816f-e11156dec2bbPost:cf515f4a-3e2e-4a24-90f1-498c9e3d71da">Re: Western Pennsylvania VENUE IDEAS....?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Western Pennsylvania VENUE IDEAS....? :   We are doing the same though we are having trouble with cost and size (we have 250 guests and a budget of 25,000). Also, I wanted romantic garden... not country rustic which is what's the popular choice right now and I wanted everything in one location since everyone is driving at least an hour because our families are two and half hours apart. Talk about rough. lol. Depending on where you are in western PA and size... there's multiple locates in South Park (I'm using the Cottage there for my bridal shower) or you can try other local parks, Stonebridge Farms Nursey (the one we finally decided on), Pittsburgh Zoo (price not bad but they don't allow ceremonies though there are close parks nearby which you can have the ceremony in), Pittsburgh Aviary, Doubletree Hotel in Moontownship, Green Gables, The Atrium, Chapel Valley Estate, Morning Glory Inn and Lingrow Farms. Hydehold is beautiful but expensive. Some of the other ones I named might be expensive too... I made a habit of checking venue size before pricing since most of these places, although perfect in some areas, didn't allow 250 guests. Those are all the ones that I have off the top of my head right now. I know that I looked at others too so if you have any questions or need more suggestions, I can probably find some of the other ones I looked at. 
    Posted by luckicharms[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards