Hawaii

Kona wedding

We will be getting married in Kona on the big island in January 2014. We are trying to stick with a budget since were paying for it ourselves. We need a photographer and bakery. Im also concerned about the airfare. Does anyone have info on the cost of airfare. Im told this is the high season but will the airfare go down between now and then? We cant change the date as important people will not be able to go later.

Re: Kona wedding

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_kona-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:1b0d8db4-594d-4643-8190-b300c265ceafPost:d125d511-2eab-47b4-bb43-aa7a16bfc904">Kona wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]We will be getting married in Kona on the big island in January 2014. We are trying to stick with a budget since were paying for it ourselves. We need a photographer and bakery. Im also concerned about the airfare. Does anyone have info on the cost of airfare. Im told this is the high season but will the airfare go down between now and then? We cant change the date as important people will not be able to go later.
    Posted by energy8432[/QUOTE]

I have found that the earlier you book, the better the deal. We booked in November for a July wedding, and paid about $800 from NYC to Kona. Now the airfair is well over $1200. Unless you are flying from Cali, seems like anything less than $1000 is a great deal, so you should jump on it.
  • I dont know about flights but i do know a great baker.  She runs her own business and are very talented.  She will be doing my cake in September for my wedding. 

• I got married in Kona last year and used an awesome photographer. Bob Brown from Eye Expression Photography.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards