October 2013 Weddings

reason to be worried?

I haven't heard from my invite vendor for 2 weeks, and she was supposed to send me a proof. I have emailed her three times now (3/18, 3/25 and today) at first just asking a question and then asking if she got my email. No response.

Do you think I should be worried? I am obviously going to give her time to respond to my email from today which expressed my concern at her lack of communication, but I don't know how long I should wait. Or if I should also be calling her, etc.
image 209 Invited
image 151 Yes
image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

Re: reason to be worried?

• Something must be up.  At this point I would wait thru the week and then I would pick up the phone and call her.  I personally wouldn't email someone requesting a response three times.
    If shes ill, has a family emergency or something serious is up then she wont respond any quicker no matter how many emails you send.   
    With Sunday being a holiday she could have been visiting with family either in or out of town. Theres a plethora of issues that could be present.  

If it happens to be bad business, waiting till the end of the week doesn't put you in a bind.  You've got time to cut ties and still find something amazing.  

Does she have a store front you can stop by or an FB page that may give you some insight?
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    I have something similar going on - I spoke with someone at a korean food truck on 3/20.  He said he would email me a proposal.  Nothing got emailed.  I called him again on Friday, March 29 to tell him I hadn't received anything.  He told me he would email it.  Nothing.  

I am wondering if I should call him again to find out what is going on.  I don't want to hijack your thread, but I totally feel your frustration!!!!!

ETA - fix mistakes

• It happened to me big time with DJ's.  I got to the point where I was so frustrated I was willing to hire the first person that actually kept their promise of calling me and setting an appointment to meet.  And we did.  He's been wonderful so far and I am thankful but he wasn't a first choice.  

Honestly, I think if people cannot even make good on a promise to call, or email something in a timely fashion then what will it be like leading up to your wedding?  If they cannot take securing a contract seriously, then I wondered if the DJ's could take my wedding seriously.  Rochelle, if the food from this truck is a top contender I would calmly call and explain that it's a third attempt to hire him to perform a service and if he cannot provide a proposal then you'd move along.  I would be sad to let korean food go though...

I cannot wrap my head around how people being paid to do a job just schluff around like it's a favor.  
  • That's the thing - I already have a contract and paid the deposit. Once I have the invites i'll be good and won't need to worry leading up but we have already given her money, she should be more responsive. 

I totally understand that something might be going on too - but put an out of office on your email. I will check if she has a facebook, and visit the store as a last resort (its more appointment only, I don't think she has regular business hours). Phone call is a next step for later this week I guess.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_reason-to-be-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:53c9f009-7af4-4a76-892e-19b31d7cbd54Post:94530ce2-1490-4d89-ac55-1ab313aab35d">Re: reason to be worried?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It happened to me big time with DJ's.  I got to the point where I was so frustrated I was willing to hire the first person that actually kept their promise of calling me and setting an appointment to meet.  And we did.  He's been wonderful so far and I am thankful but he wasn't a first choice.   Honestly, I think if people cannot even make good on a promise to call, or email something in a timely fashion then what will it be like leading up to your wedding?  If they cannot take securing a contract seriously, then I wondered if the DJ's could take my wedding seriously.  Rochelle, if the food from this truck is a top contender I would calmly call and explain that it's a third attempt to hire him to perform a service and if he cannot provide a proposal then you'd move along.  I would be sad to let korean food go though... I cannot wrap my head around how people being paid to do a job just schluff around like it's a favor.  
    Posted by 09McSteph03[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I called and left a message, explaining that I had not received an email, and that I thought there must be some kind of misunderstanding about what my email address was.  I asked him to call me back so I could get his email address and email him with my correct one.  I hope he calls back.  If not, I have the owner's email address and I can email him.  </div><div>
    </div><div>This truck is a top contender (we already hired the Italian food truck).  They are one of the best in the city and I wouldn't want to have to find something else!  I will keep you updated.

</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_reason-to-be-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:53c9f009-7af4-4a76-892e-19b31d7cbd54Post:2ab6bbc8-b136-4ef8-8e27-2efdacdf5d3b">Re: reason to be worried?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's the thing - I already have a contract and paid the deposit. Once I have the invites i'll be good and won't need to worry leading up but we have already given her money, she should be more responsive.  I totally understand that something might be going on too - but put an out of office on your email. I will check if she has a facebook, and visit the store as a last resort (its more appointment only, I don't think she has regular business hours). Phone call is a next step for later this week I guess.
    Posted by hardlyhannah[/QUOTE]

<div>You are right - an "out of office" is always the best thing to do.  I hope for your sake and the deposit that there is a very valid reason for this behavior.  I'll cross my fingers and wait to hear from you on how it goes.  Good luck!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_reason-to-be-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:53c9f009-7af4-4a76-892e-19b31d7cbd54Post:04d83795-0fae-41f5-9487-2d51f39f23ef">Re: reason to be worried?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: reason to be worried? :  If not, I have the owner's email address and I can email him.   This truck is a top contender (we already hired the Italian food truck).  They are one of the best in the city and I wouldn't want to have to find something else!  I will keep you updated.
    Posted by Rochelle041[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll cross my fingers for you too.  and ladies..I am not above mobster like moves.  just snap and I'll ruffle some feathers ;)</div>
  • Good news! She emailed me the proof last night (which I am super excited about! It's awesome to see all of that in print - and she got back to me - double excitement!)

She thought she had already sent it to me..... sure.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards