Christian Weddings
Options

Stolen from CW. WR Poll

1.  What is your biggest wedding pet peeve?  
2.  What's an etiquette rule that you don't think is a big deal?
3.  What is your favorite part of the whole wedding experience, as a guest?
4.  What's your "I don't get it" when it comes to weddings?  (Different than pet peeve because it doesn't have to really annoy you, as much as you don't understand the fascination about it). 
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Stolen from CW. WR Poll

• Options
    people thinking they can add a +1 on their RSVP
    bride and grooms friends/family sit on a different side of the church

seeing the groom see his bride for the first time

4.  What's your "I don't get it" when it comes to weddings?  (Different than pet peeve because it doesn't have to really annoy you, as much as you don't understand the fascination about it). 
    changing into a different dress for the reception. I loved my wedding dress and wanted to wear it as long as I could
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_stolen-from-cw-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c7b6ad27-58dd-47e6-a951-ab3c337a4873Post:de385eae-6be4-4192-b7d7-41609d740fcf">Stolen from CW. WR Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  What is your biggest wedding pet peeve?   2.  What's an etiquette rule that you don't think is a big deal? 3.  What is your favorite part of the whole wedding experience, as a guest? 4.  What's your "I don't get it" when it comes to weddings?  (Different than pet peeve because it doesn't have to really annoy you, as much as you don't understand the fascination about it). 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>1) Brides/Grooms who refuse to invite SO's for whatever reason</div><div>
    </div><div>2) Addressing invitations.  I think it's more important to address them the way the guests would prefer, not necessarily the way some "expert" says is correct</div><div>
    </div><div>3)Cake. Cake. And more cake.</div><div>
    </div><div>4)The Groom grabbing under the Bride's dress for her garter.  Creeps me the heck out.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options

I used to be super judgy because I hung out on E and thought I knew everything about E that there was to know, even though I commited some terrible, burning in Ehell things too.  Then weddings became a lot less fun for me since I was too busy judging, so I stopped that and weddings are fun again!   I would say that not having assigned seats for the reception is terrible.  The last wedding we went too, they had to set up an extra table for us.  It kind of sucked.  

Cashed bars.  Ok so I had one but really I don't think it is that big of a deal.

Watching the groom see his bride and dancing.  I love to dance.

Making your BMs super matchy,  wedding party dances,  bridal portraits, and the rustic country theme.   I understand if you really are country but if you aren't why would you do that? 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_stolen-from-cw-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c7b6ad27-58dd-47e6-a951-ab3c337a4873Post:4934bd0d-c6b6-44f2-97c8-af5e0811b0f8">Re: Stolen from CW. WR Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  What is your biggest wedding pet peeve?    I know this is really weird, but it really irritates me when women want an informal wedding, then wear a really ornate dress that doesn't fit with anything else.  2.  What's an etiquette rule that you don't think is a big deal? I don't think it's rude to host or plan your own bachelor(ette) party. 3.  What is your favorite part of the whole wedding experience, as a guest? Probably when the bride walks down the aisle. I cry almost every time.  4.  What's your "I don't get it" when it comes to weddings?  (Different than pet peeve because it doesn't have to really annoy you, as much as you don't understand the fascination about it).  I've got to agree that I don't get the rustic theme, because no one I know who has done it has actually lived on a farm or  been "country" or anything like that. It's really trendy <strong>and I blame Pinterest 100%. </strong>
    Posted by elBecko[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree.  In fact, I blame Pinterest for a lot terrible wedding trends.  The "last change to run" signs carried by children anyone? 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_stolen-from-cw-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c7b6ad27-58dd-47e6-a951-ab3c337a4873Post:c7cbca8d-f033-4a24-9407-3d9ac6fb0774">Re: Stolen from CW. WR Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stolen from CW. WR Poll : I totally agree.  In fact, I blame Pinterest for a lot terrible wedding trends.  The "last change to run" signs carried by children anyone? 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>I HATE those signs. Really, do we need to further stereotypes about guys not wanting to commit and women pushing for marriage? They irk me so much.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also agree with the hosting your own bachelorette. I don't really see a problem with it. But I'm a bit of a control freak, so that may be why.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    1. What is your biggest wedding pet peeve?  bridezillas, specifically when it comes to attire for the bridesmaids.

2. What's an etiquette rule that you don't think is a big deal? I don't think that kids over 18 who still live with their parents really need their own separate invitation.

3. What is your favorite part of the whole wedding experience, as a guest? dancing!  And since we've gotten married, I love hearing couples say their vows.

4. What's your "I don't get it" when it comes to weddings? (Different than pet peeve because it doesn't have to really annoy you, as much as you don't understand the fascination about it). I agree with Ash: the bride changes dresses for the reception.  I haven't seen it in person, but I've seen enough Say Yes to the Dress to know that it happens.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    - People who ask when it is, with the sole intention of inviting themselves.  We don't have that kind of money, and our reception venue can't fit everyone, even if I did.  People at my church seem to think every wedding is a public event in its entirety.  I just don't want to break the rules and tell people it's an open ceremony, but invite only reception.  Besides, the people asking aren't people I consider friends/family.  It's like if you have to ask, then you obviously didn't get a STD, and that means you probably aren't invited...  

- The Cash bar thing. As long as I know to expect it, I don't really care.  Maybe because I don't drink...  but it doesn't bug me. 
    - Cake and the first dances.  
    Burlap.  And Crazy expensive/elaborate favors.  My sister's single most expensive items were her gumball machines, and no one took them home because, well, no one needed/wanted them.  I think elaborate favors are a waste. My FMIL is pushing jordan almonds/m &m's because "its what you do" but I don't care.   They just create more garbage/work in the end. 

I also don't get elaborate dessert stations. Why can't people just have cake?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When people have more than one bridal shower. A former friend who's wedding I was in had THREE. Really? The bar thing bothers me in the sense that they should have something. I'm not saying open bar, but maybe a few bottles of wine at least. Especially if they are at a venue where there isn't a bar available for them to purchase something if they so choose.

Agree with addressing seperate invites to those over the age of 18 if they live with their parents.

Seeing the groom's face when the bride walks down the aisle and the father/daughter dance. Ball my eyes out every time!

Humungo bridal parties. Our friends who just got married had 2 MOH, 2 BM, 2 flower girls, 2 ring bearers, 5 additional BM and GM, and 6 ushers! Yowzers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

yes, photobooths!  I know some people really enjoy them, but I don't get it the huge appeal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards