New York-Western

rustic/country/barn ceremony & venuse

so i really hope that ya'll can help me out. our ideal wedding date is set for 5/10/15 and we having a really hard time finding a rustic/barn/country venue where you can also have the ceremony, for less than 50 people. with out paying a boat load of extra money just because we don't have 100 guests. willing to travel about 2 to 2.5hrs from buffalo ny or cowlesville ny.

Re: rustic/country/barn ceremony & venuse

• Not sure if this is rustic enough but you might want to try the Timberlodge in Akron, NY. It is a golf course but has a rustic feel. Good Luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Thanks for the help. We actually looked at the timberlodge online a couple times. we will have to go and visit soon to see if it rustic and country like for out taste. Cause online it does not look that country. But I guess we will find out when we go. and thank you again.
  • have you looked at la galleria? the inside is all wood and has a very rustic feel. they have outdoor space for the ceremony as well. could be an option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish this was easier. the la galleria is not country enough. like not even close. I thank you for all you help. it is making things easier with help. thanks again. ill kinda give an example of what we want things to look like. here is the example. outside & in

• A couple suggestions not sure if they will fit exactly what you are looking for... Becker Farms, they have a great outdoor area, but since you are planning for May, I don't know the occupancy of their indoor area... Beaver Hollow Conference Center, I attended a wedding here a few years ago and it was definitely "country" and unique! Many guests spent the night and they had a late night bonfire, it was fun and different for sure!
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013

The Timberlodge in Akron defiantly can look like your last picture, but not your first picture.  You might want to try Casa Larga Winery. It is in Rochester well I think technically Fairport. They might full fill the rustic feel you are looking for. You might want to try other vineyards as well in Niagara County.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • omg thank u all for helping me. im gonna check them out online first. and if we like we will visit. becker farms is one of my first choices. but the charge extra for the lack of people. but im sure that we can fiqure something out if we need a min of 100. or something like that. so excited to check these places out. yay!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_rusticcountrybarn-ceremony-venuse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:a44a076a-9068-441e-958d-d4ab1642612aPost:041d42ea-f8e0-453b-8ca8-46f174d87dc3">rustic/country/barn ceremony & venuse</a>:
    [QUOTE]so i really hope that ya'll can help me out. our ideal wedding date is set for 5/10/15 and we having a really hard time finding a rustic/barn/country venue where you can also have the ceremony, for less than 50 people. with out paying a boat load of extra money just because we don't have 100 guests. willing to travel about 2 to 2.5hrs from buffalo ny or cowlesville ny.
    Posted by cntrygrl0315[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you looked at the Pheasant Hill Country Club in Owego, NY? I'm planning a wedding for 9/26/15 and I've been looking at it online. I have yet to talk to someone for price specifics, but it's a converted dairy barn, and you can have both ceremony and reception there, either outside or inside.</div><div>Hope it wouldn't be too far for you to drive.</div>
  • Check out Knox Farm in East Aurora...

• edited January 2014
    The Timberlodge.  The inside has exposed wood beams, they have wooden table numbers and mission style chairs.  I know they are two completely different venues, but it was between the Timberlodge and the Mansion. (I had to decide if I wanted rustic or elegant).  It was Anna at the Timberlodge who made that decision for me.  She is extremely accommodating, where the owner of the Mansion was rather abrupt, and had an "our way or the highway approach." There are several online wholesale craft companies to get rustic wedding decorations to amp up the country feel.  Saveoncrafts.com is the most affordable and the decoration looks nice, not like a hot glue gun mess on a tin can as I have seen on other sites. You can line the aisle with mason jars off shepherds hooks and put babies breath or hydrangeas and a little bit of water in them. They also sell wooden signs that say "here comes the bride" or just married that you can hang inside the venue.  The downside of the Timberlodge was the deer head mounted on the wall.  My FI and I are turning it into a joke though, and we are putting a top hat on him and a monocle (Monopoly man deer head). Also, if you have a Friday wedding at the Timberlodge, the guest list minimum is 100 (150 on Saturday).  Most places have wedding guest minimums or price minimums, especially during high wedding season.

• I know of this place in wyoming, I believe is by Birncliff (sorry I believe is how it spells) country club and conference center called La Esposita Bonita, which means "the beautiful wife" and it is stunning. I don't believe they have a website but i found them on Facebook, after my sister's friend had a photo shoot there for her portfolio. 
    https://www.facebook.com/LaEspositaBonitaWNY/photos_stream
     I do not know about their prices...all I know is that its private and has a barn. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
    here are some pics i grab from fcbk...

• Update!!!! I have been searching for the perfect venue for my sister's wedding. Her demands were country setting, elegant, unique and affordable. I hit the Jackpot couple years ago when I was looking for my own, but at the time didn't know much about this place so we have a traditional banquet hall wedding which I regret. Anyways I found the info and though I would share it here for all Buffalonians and brides across WNY. The place is a private estate near east aurora and home of an elite social club. My boyfriend sister-in-law has a friend who is a member of the club. I got in through her (you must be invited from a member to get in). Don't get your hopes up, from time to time they will allow non-members to get in or just give them a call and ask. As of right now, 'til December you can make reservations at their grand opening prices, which you would not believe. Much of your cost will be cut down in a huge way as they include ceremony/reception in same place, tables and seating is also included, and the setting and much of the decor/ ambiance is amazing. Outside liquor and catering is allowed and the only thing they require is liability insurance, which we tough that that was the catch, but surprisingly enough you can get it in your own for around $100-$175 in many places online, which you want to have anyway to be safe. Describing the place, would not make justice, so Im attaching a screenshot of their web with a link to it.leb-clubHope you can find this helpful, and hopefully availability for your date. We though we were going to have to wait for another year as most places were book up a year in advance. We will be there next August and can't wait. My lil' sister owes me big time for this one. 
    Here is the link again. Look under packages for the prices.
     If you find any other gem that offer anything like this, please share as many brides rely in the knot forums for guidance from real brides. Good luck and happy planning!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards