Wedding Party

What to get people who have everything!?

Alright, so I have 5 bridesmaids-- I thought getting them all each individual gifts would be easy, but I'm finding every time I try to shop for them I just can't decide on that "perfect gift!"  Why is this so hard!?  I have shopped for the girls many times before and it was never hard, but for some reason I'm finding everything to not be good enough for some reason.  They love everything, have everything type of girls.

My FSIL was easy for I live with her to I know what she is into at the moment-- She is a biology major and studies owls and other exotic birds.  She loves tea, hot chocolate, etc.  I found these cute cup and saucer sets that were owls that were super cute so I got those and then will fill with an assortment of teas/hot chocolates, etc.  

As for the others, 3 are my best friends and the other is my other FSIL, who we are very close, but still I can't decide!  We are all in our early 30s; they are already married.  I know they all love mani/pedi and was going to get them a gift certificate for somewhere local to them, but also want something to go along with it and just can't decide what.  They literally have everything/love everything so it should not be hard... yet I am making it hard. 

Anniversary

Re: What to get people who have everything!?

• Nobody thinks they have too much money.  Gift cards to their fave stores ftw.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_what-to-get-people-who-have-everything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ffd76c92-d8f8-4632-a445-53709c826936Post:d467fb2e-f067-402b-bfbb-f6dad80a61da">Re: What to get people who have everything!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nobody thinks they have too much money.  Gift cards to their fave stores ftw.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.

</div>
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I had this bright idea that others have started doing on here -- do they have a Pinterest page?  If so, they may have pinned some stuff from Etsy or other online retailers?  That's what I'm doing for at least one, if not two of my girls.
  • thanks for the ideas.  Yes I was all about the gift card (either store or mani/pedi) but just want something to go along with it--something more personal.  But you are right since I am all about getting gift cards since I just love to shop.

Anniversary
  • If you do giftcards, I'd suggest a little corresponding gift to wrap it with.  I do this a lot during Christmas, for example, if you get someone a mani/pedi gift card, maybe wrap it with a hand/foot lotion.  Or if it's a movie giftcard, wrap it with some red vines or milk duds, or something.  That way, it's not just in an envelope and they have something to use along with it.
    Anniversary
  • if you get them a giftcard why dont you get them a coach wristlet to put the giftcard in? i got all my BM's coach wristlets. thinking about getting them a piece of jewlery too. not sure yet. if you have a coach outlet near you, check it out bc you can get a good deal
  • A nice gift card accompanied with a very heartfelt letter to each girl is a priceless gift in my mind.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_what-to-get-people-who-have-everything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ffd76c92-d8f8-4632-a445-53709c826936Post:fd1cf25a-6fdd-4fb0-b8fd-3c2806505576">Re:What to get people who have everything!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]if you get them a giftcard why dont you get them a coach wristlet to put the giftcard in? i got all my BM's coach wristlets. thinking about getting them a piece of jewlery too. not sure yet. if you have a coach outlet near you, check it out bc you can get a good deal
    Posted by Daizy106[/QUOTE]

This was actually my original plan, but my best friend (who is in my wedding as is our 2 other best friends) gave us coach wristlets for her wedding!  So I did not want to "copy" her.  And I did already get them diamond & amethyst bracelets (best groupon deal ever, lol)  but that is technically for the wedding... Good suggestion though :)  

Anniversary
  • if you do give mani/pedi gift certificate, perhaps a high end polish in their favorite color? just a small idea to go with it
  • I like to give candles, diamond candles are always fun, (they have a ring inside that you can pull out after you burn it for a few hours). They smell great, but some people are particular about the candle smells they have, or candles in general due to pets/kids in the home due to the danger they cause. I personally dislike gift cards, they fall into the "quick and easy" category for me. However, if you have a girl who likes getting mani/pedi's, a certificate at her salon for the fancy pedi or certificate for an upgrade to a facial or massage could be cute Then you know they'd use it and like it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • well I got married 7 months ago :) but that was a good suggestion to go along with it.  I ended up switching the plan and got them these cute wine bottle holders and wine accessories that went with their personality/home decor along with their favorite bottle of wine.  They were happy.

Anniversary
  • I was thinking something was fishy when your siggy picture is of your wedding @erinlin25

• @mimiphin I think someone just brought up an old post without realizing it haha

Anniversary
  • Those are great ideas! I'm having the same issue- I have great ideas for most of my ladies but one friend is impossible. We decided to stop exchanging gifts years ago because we ended up buying stuff we don't need. Now, we take turns buying nice dinners when we're in the same city. Since I don't give money (it's just how I was raised), I'm going to buy her really high-end consumables that she would love but never splurge on for herself: LUSH bath products, an amazing bottle of wine, and, because it's her, pure silk stockings that are not meant to be worn at the wedding!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards