Snarky Brides
Options

going to punch a groomsman

So one of my FI's groomsmen is in CO- we're here in NJ...wedding is also in NJ. All the other guys are measured and situated for their tuxes, except this one guy who insists he can't POSSIBLY get measured now because he's under the impression that he's going to put on 30lbs of muscle and won't fit into a jacket in a month if he gets measured now.

Him putting it off because of some ridiculous expectation is really irritating me. I've spoken to FI about it, and he's told this guy to get measured, but he keeps being deliberately rude and putting it off. If he puts it off any more, I'm worried he won't be able to get the same tux as everyone else or not have a tux at all. 

Plus, he has to first get measured and then arrange to either pick up the tux and bring it out to NJ with him OR have it sent to a store in NJ- both of which, but especially the latter, would take time that he won't have if he puts it off for a long time.

WHAT should I do?

Re: going to punch a groomsman

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-to-punch-a-groomsman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b037a930-3ce8-4ceb-a28e-3336f584187fPost:03178204-ee27-463c-ba93-50fa0f745e3e">going to punch a groomsman</a>:
    [QUOTE]So one of my FI's groomsmen is in CO- we're here in NJ...wedding is also in NJ. All the other guys are measured and situated for their tuxes, except this one guy who insists he can't POSSIBLY get measured now because he's under the impression that he's going to put on 30lbs of muscle and won't fit into a jacket in a month if he gets measured now. Him putting it off because of some ridiculous expectation is really irritating me. I've spoken to FI about it, and he's told this guy to get measured, but he keeps being deliberately rude and putting it off. If he puts it off any more, I'm worried he won't be able to get the same tux as everyone else or not have a tux at all.  Plus, he has to first get measured and then arrange to either pick up the tux and bring it out to NJ with him OR have it sent to a store in NJ- both of which, but especially the latter, would take time that he won't have if he puts it off for a long time. WHAT should I do?
    Posted by rebeccamillen[/QUOTE]
    YOU should do nothing. Your fiance has already spoken to him about it. He's an adult. If he doesn't take care of it in time. he has taken himself out of the wedding. <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    FI is a powerlifter and there is no way he will gain that much muscle in a month, even while seriously roiding. He can get a jacket now and fit it just fine in a month.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help, especially awolkenhauer (I knew there was no way he would be able to do that, but it's nice to hear it!)....still no word from him haha
  • Options
    If he doesn't get his tux on time then he doesn't stand with the groom. Then he has to explain to everyone why. The sides don't have to be even so it really shouldn't concern you. 

You have enough going on; worry about the things that matter.

Anniversary

• Options
    Good news everyone, he got measured FINALLY...and with minimal complaining :P 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards