Wedding Invitations & Paper

Typo on already printed invites

Hey Y'all,

So today I am putting together all my formal invitations with my bridesmaids. I realized this morning setting all the stuff out I had a typo. I had put an _ instead of a - in my website address on the RSVP card! This little mistake is going to be very confusing for my guest who are trying to sign in and RSVP.

So which step should I take to fix this. The paper I used is special and very very thick so getting someone to print on it (and getting it shipped in time) is a pain in the butt. So do I just insert a little piece of paper with the correction? Or print out websites and double-side tape the correction ontop? Or try to see if I can buy rights to this other website too and see if they can be the same one (guest types it in and it re-routed to the original).

What do I do??

Re: Typo on already printed invites

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to Re:Typo on already printed invites:[QUOTE]Hey Y'all,So today I am putting together all my formal invitations with my bridesmaids. I realized this morning setting all the stuff out I had a typo. I had put an _ instead of a in my website address on the RSVP card! This little mistake is going to be very confusing for my guest who are trying to sign in and RSVP. So which step should I take to fix this. The paper I used is special and very very thick so getting someone to print on it and getting it shipped in time is a pain in the butt. So do I just insert a little piece of paper with the correction? Or print out websites and doubleside tape the correction ontop? Or try to see if I can buy rights to this other website too and see if they can be the same one guest types it in and it rerouted to the original.What do I do?? Posted by marleyz28[/QUOTE]

Online RSVPs aren't the best idea anyways for reasons like this!

Anyways, I would suggest you buy some nice highquality paper that can be run through a computer printer. Redo the RSVP card entirely.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_typo-on-already-printed-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ea09e63b-9ff3-49de-829f-525b634ba631Post:29b62920-991c-4cac-b203-faa6a062dd21">Typo on already printed invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Y'all, So today I am putting together all my formal invitations with my bridesmaids. I realized this morning setting all the stuff out I had a typo. I had put an _ instead of a - in my website address on the RSVP card! This little mistake is going to be very confusing for my guest who are trying to sign in and RSVP. So which step should I take to fix this. The paper I used is special and very very thick so getting someone to print on it (and getting it shipped in time) is a pain in the butt. So do I just insert a little piece of paper with the correction? Or print out websites and double-side tape the correction ontop? Or try to see if I can buy rights to this other website too and see if they can be the same one (guest types it in and it re-routed to the original). What do I do??
    Posted by marleyz28[/QUOTE]
  • I would find a paper in a color that coordinates with the invite and have the RSVP re-printed at a copy shop or digital printer. By making the RSVP an coordinating color it will fit even if the paper is different.
  • Can you just make a new email address with the same punctuation as the mistake?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_typo-on-already-printed-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ea09e63b-9ff3-49de-829f-525b634ba631Post:0a480567-64ff-45a1-80e1-5b8f286e9fd7">Re: Typo on already printed invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you just make a new email address with the same punctuation as the mistake?
    Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Sounds like it's a website, not an email address.</div><div>
    </div><div>OP - I'll be honest.  This would bother me and I'd probably pay the money to have the company reprint them and overnight or express ship them.  I'll also say that I would never do an electronic reply for such a formal event.....I prefer traditional RSVPs.</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_typo-on-already-printed-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ea09e63b-9ff3-49de-829f-525b634ba631Post:51fe3aa9-88c1-46f9-b7b7-c062a3924980">Re: Typo on already printed invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typo on already printed invites : Sounds like it's a website, not an email address. OP - I'll be honest.  This would bother me and I'd probably pay the money to have the company reprint them and overnight or express ship them.  I'll also say that I would never do an electronic reply for such a formal event.....I prefer traditional RSVPs.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ugh, reading fail on my part! Thanks for the clarification :)

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Well, since you weren't really asking for our opinion on whether electronic responses were a good or bad idea, here's my suggestion....

I would look at your website.  Some of them are editable...meaning, if you can edit your address, I'd do it.  Otherwise, I'd order new RSVP cards and have them rushed.

Good luck!

• I'd say your first and best option is to try to take ownership of the "wrong" domain name and then redirect your guests to the correct one.

If you can't do that, then reprint the RSVP cards (and honestly, it seems odd to have electronic RSVPs for a formal wedding. I'd switch them to classic send-in RSVPs since you'll have the opportunity to now.) and have them rushed to you with the corrected addy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Have you thought about a business card? You can get 250 free from vistaprint right now and they ship pretty quickly. You could put the correct web address on the card (and even a little note if you felt the need) and include the card with the invites. Even if a guests tries the wrong web address they're likely to realize the mistake and try the correct one. It's probably the easiest fix from what I've read of the above comments.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback and ideas! I ended up getting them reprinted. About the whole mail in "traditional" RSVP cards...I am an off beat bride (non-traditional). I did not want to do the mail in RSVPs. I felt the all electronic will be easier for me and most of my guest.

I actually had a lady the other day tell me "I am still surprised when I get a wedding invitation and they want me to MAIL in my RSVP...figured it would be all electronic by now."

I will post my results from doing the all electronic RSVPs.
  • A big thumbs up to you for doing an electronic RSVP.  I don't care how formal an event is, doing an electronic RSVP is so much more eco friendly!  I am so surprised that people are still doing the old fashioned mail in kind.  What year is this?  LOL.  Just trying to be funny...Enjoy your day!

• I haven't seen traditional mail-in rsvp's in years.  Electronic ones are quicker, easier and more eco friendly.  (not just the paper but the trucking for mailing etc.)  I'm glad to see you got them reprinted and everything worked out!! We'll be doing electronic rsvps as well so now I will double check for typos!! :P

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_typo-on-already-printed-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ea09e63b-9ff3-49de-829f-525b634ba631Post:a3bf2b5a-d4ce-4f7b-844b-cffdef50c418">Re: Typo on already printed invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone for the feedback and ideas! I ended up getting them reprinted. About the whole mail in "traditional" RSVP cards...I am an off beat bride (non-traditional). I did not want to do the mail in RSVPs. I felt the all electronic will be easier for me and most of my guest. I actually had a lady the other day tell me "I am still surprised when I get a wedding invitation and they want me to MAIL in my RSVP...figured it would be all electronic by now." I will post my results from doing the all electronic RSVPs.
    Posted by marleyz28[/QUOTE]
  • I totally agree on doing an electronic RSVP... not that you had asked people's opinion on the matter.  But it seems that doing it the traditional way requires to many things to remember to do for the guests. Seems more like a hassle.  And electronically, you can submit your reply anytime! 
    I liked the idea of doing business cards with the right address.
    Glad everything worked out for ya... I hope it wasn't too costly. 
  • I find it humorous that so many people are taken aback by the idea of electronic RSVPs. I think it's a great idea.
    I can't imagine what people will think when they read my RSVP cards... I'm asking my guests to call me and let me know!
    BK
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards