Chit Chat
Options

Saturday morning savings

Good Morning!!
Ive been up since 615am. FI goes to work on the weekends at 630am, so for some reason I decided to wake up. Probably because I went to bed super early. Anyway, I once heard somewhere that if you go to the grocery store early in the morning you can get awesome deals on meat markdowns. I decided to see if it was true. I was at the grocery store by 730am. On a Saturday. Kinda sucked being up that early. However, I dont regret it at all, because it was so worth it. I really did get some GREAT deals. I got chicken, pork chops, ground beef, cube steaks and round steaks all for under $15. Im sure that others have probably got better deals, but this is the best Ive ever got. I think I am going to make this a weekly thing.

Sorry for the random story. Im just so excited about my savings on things that I normally spend TONS on. That being said, I highly suggest that all you fellow Knotties look into when your grocery store marks down their meat and take advantage of it.

Anybody have any exciting plans for the day?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Saturday morning savings

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    That is awesome!  Now, if you can assure me that there is hardly anyone there at that hour, I'd be willing to do it. I avoid the grocery store on the weekends if I can!

I am trying to talk myself into mowing the grass. It needs it desperately, but it's kind of cold. But our neighbor is mowing his, which makes ours look even worse now. Thanks, neighbor!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I grocery shop every Sunday morning between 8 and 10am.  There is no going at another time in this city.  Crowds become obnoxious and overwhelming at any other hour, no matter the day.  No extra deals for me :-(

I'm off to the Flyers' game, then home to make cake for Easter dinner and I'm dying Easter eggs.  Shut up.  It'll be fun.  I bet I'll get my husband to help.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_saturday-morning-savings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:f977454a-19bd-49ed-8ed2-e23ac89eeca7Post:5a9cdee5-b278-40b9-a52c-8a74d0187be6">Re: Saturday morning savings</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is awesome! <strong> Now, if you can assure me that there is hardly anyone there at that hour, I'd be willing to do it. I avoid the grocery store on the weekends if I can!</strong> I am trying to talk myself into mowing the grass. It needs it desperately, but it's kind of cold. But our neighbor is mowing his, which makes ours look even worse now. Thanks, neighbor!
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Honestly, there were alot less people there than normal. I usually go around noon on Saturdays & its awful. I really think I am going to be going at that hour every weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I get all my meat from a butcher shop near the supermarket.  It's so much cheaper than getting it at stop and shop.  
  • Options
    I used to work at the grocery store, we had lots of stuff on Friday mornings on sale because our sales started on Friday, so any overstock from the pervious week's sales got marked down for quick sale. I had a giant freezer then. I kinda miss my giant freezer.

This morning I woke up to meet a lady early to sell her some stuff off craigslist. Then I went to a 1 day flea market 45 minutes away....to find out that it's actually NEXT Saturday. Then as I was about to leave, a guy called me to sell him the engagement ring I had but he wasn't available for 3.5 hours and was closer to where I was....so I toured the area and found a Farmer's Market...had a delicious sandwich, got some goat cheese and... went to a jeweler  for a 2nd opinion on my engagement ring and found out all the stones were wicked loose and the band needs work too.

Now, I'm working on my exam for school and need to do FI's resume for a promotion he's applying for.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I think it's awesome that you found such a great deal on the meat! One time I was picking up a few items from the store and discovered the chicken breast packets (About 4-5 pounds each) had been mismarked as $2.99 per package and not per pound. I bought 10. I felt victorious bringing it home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards