December 2013 Weddings

Yet to Hear a Congratulations From Future Mother-in-Law

awinter2017awinter2017 member
First Comment
edited December 2013 in December 2013 Weddings
My fiance and I have a significant age-gap.

Re: Yet to Hear a Congratulations From Future Mother-in-Law

• What do you mean by significant age gap? 
    I can see why your feelings are hurt, but she is not required to congratulate you or acknowledge it.  It is your FI's job to deal with his own mom.  Hopefully she will come around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pp is right. let your FI deal with his mother. It sucks that she didn't congratulate you, but trying toforce her to acknowledge it will only get you grief.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks form your inputs. We still communicate very well. I think she's just trying to get use to everything. I'm sure she will come around.
  • Hey there, Miss,

Try to focus of the excitement of marrying the man of your dreams! It's great that you're not upset by your future mother-in-law's tactless behavior, you are a strong woman! Like you, my future mother-in-law has yet to even acknoledge me and my fiance and I aren't too far apart in age (8 years, isn't that much is it?!?!). Besides, you're getting married to please her! Smile and move forward with the planning! Best of luck!
  • Hey there, Miss,

Try to focus of the excitement of marrying the man of your dreams! It's great that you're not upset by your future mother-in-law's tactless behavior, you are a strong woman! Like you, my future mother-in-law has yet to even acknoledge me and my fiance and I aren't too far apart in age (8 years, isn't that much is it?!?!). Besides, you're getting married to please her! Smile and move forward with the planning! Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards