Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

What's your day-of beauty schedule?

2»

Re: What's your day-of beauty schedule?

• Options
    I am rethinking our ceremony site depends on location.

• Options
    <font color="#ff00ff">My ceremony is at noon too. I'm having a total of eight girls getting ready with me. We are having a total of four beauticians getting us ready starting at 730am to be done by 1130am. all of our photos will be taken after the ceremony, while the guest enjoy cocktails and appetizers. </font><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_whats-day-of-beauty-schedule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:3b01fb90-286d-4e4c-aad2-8df6a754f374Post:fa14959a-35fb-4ec7-9a44-643120f7a6a0">Re: What's your day-of beauty schedule?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also having a daytime wedding (ceremony is at 12:00; the reception immediately follows) and am trying to figure out how to fit hair and makeup for me and my bridal party in as well as time to take some photos when guests will be arriving around 11:30 am.  Right now, I feel like I'm trying to achieve the impossible.  Anyone else have /had an afternoon wedding with advice to share?  Thanks!
    Posted by rastern[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    WOW...I hadnt thought too much on it....at this point I have 11...yeah 11...bridesmaids...2 flowergirls possibly 3 and my mom.........My hair will be braided and bunned a few days prior so im not worried on that note...but thinking of gettin a room near site downtown Chicago....ladies will be getting updos at salons of choice morning of...my ceremonys at 3 and with a hope and a prayer a make-up artist will come and do our makeup in the room...ON TIME....Looks like we;ll be up at 8am-ISH....BUT we'll be relaxed due to fact that bach party is friday...recuperation day Sat and ceremony on Sun
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_whats-day-of-beauty-schedule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:3b01fb90-286d-4e4c-aad2-8df6a754f374Post:29de5958-acde-49dd-8770-c24b56a1db2c">Re: What's your day-of beauty schedule?</a>:
    [QUOTE]These posts just made me giddy with excitement!!!  I haven't planned my day of schedule yet, and don't have much to offer in terms of advice.  But, I have to say that I am just utterly excited thinking about all that will be happening for me on Oct. 27th!  :-)  So much to do! So much fun!  Yay for weddings!!!
    Posted by lostmyslipper[/QUOTE]

OH WOW...IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! IS THAT 2012 OR 2013....I GOT EXCITED BECAUSE IM THINKING THIS SATURDAY OCT 27!!!! IF SO CONGRAAAAAAAAAAATULAAAAAATTIOONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options

When we decided to have a 6am beach sunrise ceremony, a "day-of" beauty routine kinda went out the window, haha. I knew getting ready would be the biggest challenge but we're going for it anyway.

I'm going to have help with my hair but everything else will be DYI for me and BMs. We're getting ready at my house. Here's my preliminary thought

2:30 wake up & shower
    3:00 start DYI makeup
    4:00 hair stylist arrives
    5:00 photog arrives
    5:05 put on dress and accessories
    5:25 pray with bridesmaids and mom
    5:30 Daddy's first look
    5:40 leave for ceremony

• Options
    osayyesoosayyeso member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Cool
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Hawaii.weddings.com 

Wedding Countdown Ticker 

• Options
    these time lines are super helpful!! 

we are having a first look & I had no idea how to schedule in that with all the other getting ready aspects. our ceremony is at 5:30 so I'll probably just copy-cat some of you ladies with 4 pm ceremonies & should have plenty of time!!

do you ladides have any suggestions for make-up & hair places? we are going to check out the expo in a few weeks, but would love to have some ideas in mind before we get there
  • Options
    If all you brides and bridesmaids are busy getting pampered. Who is the one to do all the little stuff and decorating your ceremony and reception? Are all of you paying a day of coordinator or something?
    So I can kiss you anytime I want.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_whats-day-of-beauty-schedule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:3b01fb90-286d-4e4c-aad2-8df6a754f374Post:036e692a-06f3-4c85-8d1d-62c5ed3c217c">Re: What's your day-of beauty schedule?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If all you brides and bridesmaids are busy getting pampered. Who is the one to do all the little stuff and decorating your ceremony and reception? Are all of you paying a day of coordinator or something?
    Posted by bowlingball10[/QUOTE]

I hired a day of coordinator. I couldn't afford a planner, and even having the coordinator was a stretch, but she was nice enough to agree to my price, and I'm not sorry I hired her! I also do not want that pressure put on my mom, sister, or anyone else, so we can all just enjoy the day. My coordinator makes herself available to give suggestions, ideas and pretty much any kind of help if I need it. Plus, I'm pretty sure the GM of the venue makes sure everything is set up to my specifications.
  • Options
    My salon was actually super helpful when it came to scheduling.  They gave me the ideal times to make appointments based on my distance from them and the church and the time of day my ceremony is.  They're experts in this type of thing. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_whats-day-of-beauty-schedule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:3b01fb90-286d-4e4c-aad2-8df6a754f374Post:8d0b2c4f-0586-4489-9f95-a890bad58926">Re: What's your day-of beauty schedule?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like the person who posted wake up at 8. Will any of us really get any sleep the night before?!
    Posted by craigdana[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>LOL good point! ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>My ceremony is at 1pm....hmmm, I think that means I'll be up at 4 haha!</div>
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_whats-day-of-beauty-schedule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:3b01fb90-286d-4e4c-aad2-8df6a754f374Post:6fe07d5c-b936-459d-9d9c-2f806d2de695">Re: What's your day-of beauty schedule?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friday morning - mani/pedis (part of my gift to my 5 bridesmaids) Friday night - staying in the bridal suite with the bridesmaids (and we can drop all of our stuff off before the rehearsal dinner) Saturday morning 7 am - breakfast 8 am - make-up artist (gift from bridesmaid) & hair stylist (gift from SIL) arrive at bridal suite Noon - party sub delivered from subway 1 pm - photographer arrives for "getting ready" pictures 2 - 3:15 pm - formal pictures 4 pm - ceremony
    Posted by georgemc88[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you want to eat after  make-up is  professionally done?  I am eating first...for that matter, I don't plan to eat or drink after putting on my dress and petticoat....I am trying to avoid peeing and so forth in it as much as possible.   (And I have a different one for the Reception, which will be much less insane to move around in or use the bathroom in)...

I would eat before the sandwich....and be sure to get straws for drinking after you have your lipstick on!

Good luck!

Ella
  • Options
    We have a hotel room for Thurs.-Sunday, with a ceremony/reception on Saturday.

I am having my dress stored at the hotel room beginning Thurs. with the idea of having it steamed at a nearby dry cleaners on Thurs. or Friday.  I plan to ask the hotel manager to help with that....

Another of my beauty plans is to have my nails done (mani pedi) as well as waxing (eyebrows and bikini line) on Friday morning.  We don't know yet if we have a rehearsal on Thurs. or Friday, so that presents a bit of a challenge for hair.  I plan to have my hair dyed before the day of.  If it is in the budget I might also have natural extensions put in (but it is so pricey this might not happen).  So I will do these types of things before Saturday AM, but just not sure if it will be Thursday or Friday.  Friday might basically be a 'day of beauty' for me. :)

Saturday Schedule:

9-10 AM Shower & Dress
    (shower will include shaving legs & underarms,
    application of lotion and talc to body, 
    dress in outfit for salon and make-up....comfortable and cozy)

10-11 AM Brunch
    all Wedding Party Attendants (four people plus Fiance, and Myself
    NEAR or IN hotel (thank you brunch)

11- 1 PM Hair Styling NEAR hotel/venue
    (updo, blow-out, wreath put in hair) (maybe veil now?) 

1:30-2 PM Return to hotel/relax,
    Check-in with vendors, family, attendants
    Brush teeth, mouth wash, floss again after eating

2-2:45 PM
    CAREFULLY put on garter belt, thigh highs, petticoat, corset-backed dress,
    heels so as to keep hair nice (put on veil now?)

3-4 PM Makeup artist (in hotel suite, hired her a while ago)
    False eyelashes, tattoo cover-up on chest, airbrush make-up -
    really elaborate - she assures me it takes 45 min. 
    (so I am alloting an hour for me, to be safe)

prior to my service she is going to do my future
    Mother-in-Law's make-up (a gift from me to her)....
    and this will be while I am getting ready, between 2-2:45....
    she'll probably do it in an adjacent room of one of her relatives.

4-4:30 PM Photographers arrive - hotel room - for 'preparation pictures'
    (Make-up artist in action) (I don't really want preparation pictures of my dress or lingerie,
    I am more concerned about the accessories like rings, veil, florals....but will probably
    take off shoes for a close-up of them in some cute staging pose)

4:30-5:15 PM Family and Wedding Party Photos 
    (at hotel in their main lobby at their Grand Staircase)
     (hotel is 1.4 miles from venue)

5:30 PM Classic car arriving to pick up fiance and myself
    attendants and photographer following us to the venue

Wedding begins at 6 PM....My fiance and I are walking down
    the aisle together so prior to that, attendants, musician,
    officiant will be in the garden where the ceremony takes place,
    and my fiance and I will be with caterer/venue manager in the
    event ballroom, which has bathrooms, in case I need to touchup
    make-up or hair. 
    ---

Bringing a "kit" with me for my fiance, wedding party, and myself:

Spare thigh highs
    Lipstick
    Lipliner
    Mascara
    Bobby Pins
    Brush
    Comb
    Hair Spray
    Compact of Pressed Powder
    Nail Polish (quick drying) (UGH)
    Clear Nail Polish - for runs (UGH)
    Stain stick - in case I get food on myself (UGH)
    Tissue
    Tums
    Asprin
    Wetnaps
    Toothbrush
    Floss
    Toothpaste
    Deodorant
    Perfume
    Lotion
    Needle Thread Safety Pin
    Double-sided & Fabric Tape (in case my dress rips) (UGH)

• Options

Oh forgot to add: my 'cozy' outfit will include a big robe or teeshirt to wear over my dress durig make-up application, one which I can get off and avoid messing make-up or hair.

I would advise you consider literally using an old sheet to wrap around and tuck into the bodice of your dress if you are doing your own make-up, ladies.  Maybe held on with some medical tape (won't ruin the dress and comes right off)

• Options
    7am start.  Eek!!

7am-11:00am - bridesmaids, moms, flower girls (12 total, 13 with me) makeup and hair at my house.  I will get my makeup and hair later in in the am.  Mimosas, coffee, and brunch of course as well. :)
    11:00-12:30pm - getting dressed
    12:30-1:00pm - travel to ceremony site
    1:00pm - 2:30pm - photos of wedding party (without groom as I refuse to do first look, just my preference)
    2:30-3:00pm - final freak-out :)
    3:00-4:00pm - wedding and thanks
    4:00-5:30pm - photos
    5:45-12midnight - reception
    YAY :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_whats-day-of-beauty-schedule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:3b01fb90-286d-4e4c-aad2-8df6a754f374Post:1fccd612-d957-4601-bf87-71b6b2fa78e4">What's your day-of beauty schedule?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm worried about giving enough time for everything so wondering what time everyone else has scheduled for themselves.  Please mention if it is on-site or off-site (which then please include travel time) and what you are having done since some things take longer.  I'll either be doing my own hair or find a salon within 10 minutes to do my hair (down with a headband but not sure beyond that) and my make up is getting done on site.  Anyone in a simialr situation would be extra helpful but everything gives me perspective
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

Hi there I am a makeup artist and hairstylist who has done a lot of weddings including one on LIttle People Big World: Wedding Farm, the best thing to do if you are doing your own hair is to do a trial run a few weeks before just to not only get the timing down but to also to figure out how to do your hair the way you want it, make sure you document the style by taking pics of it yourself or having a friend take pics, if you are however having a salon do it then when you go to your trial you will have an estimated timeframe, I give myself an hour- two hours depending on what kind of hairstyle i'm doing for the bride, if your hair is down with a headband you can guestimate that it will take 30 min to an hour to curl your hair and put the headband in depending on how thick your hair is, if you are doing it yourself I suggest you section off your hair so that way you make sure you don't miss any and you can enlist your bridesmaids to help you as well!! makeup I take anywhere from 30 min to an hour again depending on what kind of look you are going for and making sure you do a trial run before your big day is worth it even if you have to pay extra because then you won't have any suprises the day of which can set you back in your schedule. if you are having the makeup done on site then that is best but if not try to find a salon that does hair and makeup because it can be done at the same time and you will be killing two birds with one stone. I always always advise brides if they can afford it to have a professional do their hair and makeup because lets face it the day of can be very stressful and this makes it harder to do our own hair and makeup when we are trying to make sure everything else is going to plan. but as long as your makeup and hair arent' too extravagent and you can't find a place near where you are getting married then you can certainly do it yourself just make sure to take pictures of your look when you are done so that way if you do decide last minute to have a bridesmaid help you or go to a salon to have it done you won't have to worry about trying to explain it to whoever may be helping you with your look!! I always advise haveing the bride go last for hair and makeup because this way your makeup is guarenteed to be fresh and so is your hair!! Hope this helps!! 
  • Options
    Best thing you can do is try to relax from a day before, do your nails and a refreshing face treatment a day before, try to sleep as early as possible.  You may not find that part easy, but you have to try.

Next day when you wake up, start with 5 min breathing and then you can begin with the whole process of becoming a princess.

Take it slow and try not to worry!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I found a salon about 5 minutes from the ceremony site so in that I am lucky. I had a hair trial and for my thick medium length hair a updo  took an hour and a half. I will be doing my makeup on sight and since I am not big on makeup that won't take too long.

Anyway my ceremony is at 11 am. So..timeline...

wake-up, breakfast and shower -  7am
    Hair - 8am
    travel - 5 minutes
    Makeup on site - 9:35 am
    Dress - 10 am
    Some pre-photos after getting dressed.

I will have to let you know how this goes since I only have a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards