Plus-Sized

Groom's Mom - Plus Size HELP

I just found out that I need a LONG Formal gown for my son's wedding.  I am a size 26.  I have called all over central texas and no one has anything that I can try on.  The dresses that I am finding on the internet can not be returned after ordered.  I am on a tight budget and cannot afford to just order a dress hoping it will fit me.  Anyone know where in TEXAS I can go to TRY on size 26 long formal dresses.  Then I will worry about the color.  It never occured to me that the BM would go with a long beautiful beaded gown. I don't kow what I was thinking, guess I wasn't. 

OH!  The wedding is in July!!Embarassed

Re: Groom's Mom - Plus Size HELP

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_grooms-mom-plus-size-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:437a67fa-8be6-4438-8387-d965facccdc8Post:ec0e1a13-a79b-48b6-8bb1-4d2f70a357be">Groom's Mom - Plus Size HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found out that I need a LONG Formal gown for my son's wedding.  I am a size 26.  I have called all over central texas and no one has anything that I can try on.  The dresses that I am finding on the internet can not be returned after ordered.  I am on a tight budget and cannot afford to just order a dress hoping it will fit me.  Anyone know where in TEXAS I can go to TRY on size 26 long formal dresses.  Then I will worry about the color.  It never occured to me that the BM would go with a long beautiful beaded gown. I don't kow what I was thinking, guess I wasn't.  OH!  The wedding is in July!!
    Posted by SueO63[/QUOTE]

You might want to post this on the local board in that area.    But, if you have a Nordstroms or a larger Macys in your area, they normally have a plus size dress section that has gowns like this. 
  • Also, David's Bridal has plus size MOB/MOG dresses.  And their dresses will typically arrive in less than 8 weeks.
  • Check out Dillards.  I love Nordstroms online selection for dresses, but I've always had success with finding dresses in-store at Dillards.  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • is the wedding black tie or formal not so much black tie. my brother got married this past november and my mom whos a size 12 went to macys for her dress and found something that was long and appropriate i also found my dress ( im plus sized) at macys. 

call a few of those salons back and see if the designer has a sample of few dresses that you can try on in the store all bridal and formal wear salons can get other sizes on loan from the designers many people do not know this and if you dont ask they wont tell you 
  • I hope for everyone's sake, you all will be inside the ENTIRE time with a GOOD AC system!!

And, why does the dress have to be long?  Here in July, we're usually all about minimal fabric on skin because, DAMN it's hot here!!  Is that the Bride and your son's request, or your own decision?

I'm marrying in a long, formal gown (early in the day, granted), but I expect my mom to wear something comfortable for her (she's a plus size as well).  I'd feel awful asking her to wear a long gown, which isn't her personal style anyway.

I think really about all you can do, if you MUST have a long and formal gown, hit up Dillard's, Macy's, JCPenny, Nordstrom's, DB, and all the other bridal stores in the area around here.  You could also try calling DB or some of the bridal salons and see if they could recommend a place local to try on a formal gown if they don't have anything in stock that might interest you.

Good luck!  Stay cool in July!  And stay hydrated!! 

• IOh, this wedding is inside.  BUT, my daughter that is in July is all outdoors.  We are going to melt!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_grooms-mom-plus-size-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:437a67fa-8be6-4438-8387-d965facccdc8Post:46cbbad2-f31c-4aca-b77c-705a084d6b49">Re: Groom's Mom - Plus Size HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]is the wedding black tie or formal not so much black tie. my brother got married this past november and my mom whos a size 12 went to macys for her dress and found something that was long and appropriate i also found my dress ( im plus sized) at macys.  call a few of those salons back and see if the designer has a sample of few dresses that you can try on in the store all bridal and formal wear salons can get other sizes on loan from the designers many people do not know this and if you dont ask they wont tell you 
    Posted by hyechica81[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards