Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Advice for Bridal Party Gifts...

Sooooo I have found myself in a pickle! Other brides have told me to only spend $25 on each girl (or something like that) but that just seems so cheap and cheesy especially for my girls when they are doing so much! I was thinking of giving each girl a basket (maybe wicker since the wedding is country rustic) filled with special goodies. What are some gifts that you gave your bridal party? I loved the personalized dress garment bags I seen on here, but I can't find the post.
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Advice for Bridal Party Gifts...

• One thing I've heard is to give them something that might be used again. A shirt or hanger that says bridesmaid will not be as useful as something with their names.
  • The best advice I received was to shop for them as if it was their birthday.  I bought each bridesmaid a monogrammed robe (and I DO NOT recommend The Knot Shop -- shipping took WAY too long) and then found some more personalized items like jewelry or other things I thought they'd like. Etsy was definitely my BFF.
    Anniversary

• Thanks I will definitely look on etsy!
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I gave mine a men's white bottom up with their initials monogrammed on it, bracelets, and each got a different patterned clutch in our wedding colors that I found on etsy. I put it all in a chevron print tote bag also in wedding colorsgray and white that I ordered on etsy.
  • edited April 2013
    I did the 'shop for their birthday' thing. And then I got them a bracelet and necklace from Swarovski. Something nice that I know they can have forever. Also, I bought their dresses and paid for their hair. I know when I was a bridesmaid it was always nice to not have to pay for that.
  • I purchased the satin hangers from BBandB and tied my color ribbon on them. My two BMa are getting 3 hangers, one for their dress, one for the robes I purchased on sale at Kohls and had their first initial monogrammed on them and the other is for the men's shirt I also bought on sale at Kohls and had monogrammed with their initials. I went overboard and got the girls matching tote bags, beach blanket/towel and adorable flip flops too. Their real gifts are pearl earrings. Keep in mind, these gifts are for my daughter and soon to be step,daughter who are my only bridesmaids. My problem is the boys! I think I'm getting them leather shave kits with their initials embossed in them. I'm also thinking a watch or a pocket piece from James Avery as the boys are 14, 14 and 19.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards