Canada-Ontario
Options

Venue Suggestions - Western GTA

We are looking for a venue for 100-120 guests, sit down dinner and possibly on site ceremony.  

We LOVE Paletta Mansion but it's too small.  My FH works in the hotel industry and as a result does not want a hotel wedding, and isn't a huge fan of tradiditional conference centres.  We're both East Coasters and would love to have something near the water but that's not mandatory.

I"m overwhelmed with all the options (and lack of reviews I can find) I'm welcome to all suggestions!

Re: Venue Suggestions - Western GTA

• Options
    Hi Bibbleskip,

I loved Paletta Mansion too, but I had the same problem as I was having about 150 guests.  I`m not sure of your budget but I`ll recommend a few places I loved:

Atlantis at the Ontario Place - right on the water.  Great service - ask for Shelley for help.

Palais Royale which is near Sunnyside Park - also right on the water.

If you don`t mind going out of the city - there`s the Royal Ambassador, which is just outside of Brampton.

There`s Spencer`s on the Waterfront which is just in Oakville. 

There`s also Sunnybrook Estates - which has the same feel as Paletta Mansion.

Also consider some restaurants - La Maquette in Toronto is one that has room to hold a ceremony and reception.  Let me know if you have questions or want more recomendations.
  • Options
    OnLAOnLA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I loved Spencer's online but the big playground/splashpad turned me off.  I've been looking at Sunnybrook, just haven't made it out there yet (i've been engaged for a week).  

I had no idea planning for REAL could be so overwhelming, I've been 'pretend' planning for years (we've been together 8.5), now that's it's real it's exactly that REAL and therefore a lot harder!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_venue-suggestions-western-gta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:bc66cde8-63a0-4717-9cc0-20d9cf7443fcPost:654942d9-5caf-44bd-b107-9e1be36f5518">Re: Venue Suggestions - Western GTA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions.  I loved Spencer's online but the big playground/splashpad turned me off.  I've been looking at Sunnybrook, just haven't made it out there yet (i've been engaged for a week).<strong>   I had no idea planning for REAL could be so overwhelming, I've been 'pretend' planning for years (we've been together 8.5), now that's it's real it's exactly that REAL and therefore a lot harder!!</strong>
    Posted by Bibbleskip[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I found the same thing. I had everything figured out in my mind before we even became engaged. Then, once we became engaged, I realized that I had nothing figured out at all! It's much different to be planning (and paying) for real!

</div>
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    St. George's Golf Club. It's in Etobicoke. Fair prices, only one wedding (so you're not competing for the attention of the people working there!) You don't need to be a member to book, I had a really great experience.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    Are you in the Burlington area?  Some of our favourite venues were Paletta and Spencers too.  The RBG is great (the Atrium might be the perfect size for you and they have an outside ceremony area and obviously fabulous photo locations) and so is the Burlington Art Centre (they have that greenhouse garden you can use too!). 

The Waterfront Centre in Hamilton is right on the water (a huge selling feature for us) but we ended up not being thrilled with our meeting with the coordinator or the venue's attention to detail (mismatched cutlery, mismatched table numbers, round table cloths on square tables) when we went to see a wedding set up on a Saturday.

Knollwood Golf Club has a fabulous barn area and Heron Point Golf Links is a Clublink course with amazing golf course views and scenery and nature surrounding it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards