Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

To contact or not??

We have plenty of time but I'm wondering when the deadline passes and people do not send an RSVP back do I take it as a no or contact them to ask?

Or what about ppl who say "oh I'm coming" but don't send a card back. Is it inappropriate to request they send it back? I ask because I know people will say they are coming to save face, yet not show up.

Thanks in advance.

Re: To contact or not??

• Options
    Always follow up to find out whether or not someone is coming. Maybe they lost the card or it got misplaced. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, definitely call and verify.  We probably had 20 people who didn't RSVP by the deadline that said they were actually coming when we followed up.
  • Options
    If your parents' names are on the top line of the invitation as the people who are hosting the wedding and the people who are requesting the honour of the guests' presences, then your mom is the contact person for the RSVPs to the invitation she's extended, and she would call the non-responders.

If your name and FI's name are at the top of your invitation as the hosts of the wedding, then you would call the non-responders.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_to-contact-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e717e8a0-d29f-4297-a69a-bd503d0c86cfPost:9b2c2f35-6184-44a7-b316-9cf8ab8b8f0e">Re: To contact or not??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your parents' names are on the top line of the invitation as the people who are hosting the wedding and the people who are requesting the honour of the guests' presences, then your mom is the contact person for the RSVPs to the invitation she's extended, and she would call the non-responders. If your name and FI's name are at the top of your invitation as the hosts of the wedding, then you would call the non-responders.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

This is bad advice.

It's 2013, not 1913. Everyone can work together to call any non-responders.

OP, just be prepared for some no-shows (even those who DID send in an RSVP card!) It happens to most every bride. I had some people do the verbal "oh, sure, I'm coming" and then never come. It's just the nature of weddings...people are weird like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards