Wedding Reception Forum

Re: *

• This is not something I would do-as other Knotties would say, photo slideshows during receptions tend to be very AWish, especially during dinner when there is no opportunity to do something else and if lights are out and it prevents conversation at the tables.

Sorry, but my advice would be not to do it.  If you're going to do it anyway, then I'd at least not do it during dinner.  Let your guests mingle and enjoy each other's company without hijacking their attention.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Ditto Jen. Photo slideshows don't belong at weddings. Put out a few framed photos if you must, or make a photobook guestbook.
  • I'm also not a fan of slide shows during dinner.  I do not mind when they are near the bar or off to the side so people can watch it their leisure.

The ones I like the best have a mix of the couple growing up, family and friends and ones of the couples throughout relationship.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • You actually got many answers to your question, they just weren't what you wanted to hear. 

A friend of mine had a couple digital photo frames arranged around her wedding cake that looped photos of her and her FI growing up, together, with their families, etc. I think that's a good alternative to having a full on slide show being shown during dinner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Really? A DD for THIS? The newbiverse's skin grows thinner every day.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Not sure what you originally posted because or your DD.  I have no clue why you would DD.  Nobody was insulting you- they were simply stating that they did not think that you had a good idea.  Do you flip out every time someone disagrees with your ideas IRL?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Nobody insulted you. They gave their opinions on having a slide show. Just because you didn't like the opinions doesn't mean they insulted you. When you post in a public forum, you're going to get people who respond the way they want to, not necessarily the way YOU want them to.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Bahaha - there was a DD over this?  The OP thinks everyone was negative and mean?

At work on Friday, I ventured a new idea at a meeting.  My boss immediately shot me down.  I didn't pout or cry.  I nodded and said "okay."  We moved on.

Do you live in the real world, OP?
  • She even DD's her followup comments. I never understand that. If you feel a certain way, have the balls to own it. DDing makes people look like they have something to hide. 
  • Now I'm curious as to what the OP said! Every wedding that I've been to in my province has featured a slide show during the reception and they are generally well-received. I don't like it when people go overboard (i.e. a song for each person and another one for the couple), but if it's kept short, I think it's cute. Ours was just one three-minute song, while people were eating dessert.
  • So glad she put a * so I could check this out. When the original post and follow ups are off the wall, someone usually quotes, but this was totally benign. Smh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards