Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite wording

My fiance and I are getting married this August and we just made this decision last week.  We decided to keep the amount of people invited to the ceremony and dinner afterwards extremely small (10-20 people) and they are all very close family and friends.

My question is...are invitations necessary if everyone is reachable by phone or e-mail?  If they are necessary, how would the wording go for a small and intimate wedding, so I don't give anyone the wrong impression or make anyone upset that I didn't invite other people (extended family)??

Nicole

Re: Invite wording

• Options
    Yes, you should send invitations. They don't need any special wording or to indicate the size of your wedding; just word them as normal.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invite-wording-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:960202b1-f2a3-47fd-8ccb-a239bbb7d3f4Post:6b45255f-a13d-4a79-a2c4-c2633a6a03ea">Invite wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are getting married this August and we just made this decision last week.  We decided to keep the amount of people invited to the ceremony and dinner afterwards extremely small (10-20 people) and they are all very close family and friends. My question is...are invitations necessary if everyone is reachable by phone or e-mail?  If they are necessary, how would the wording go for a small and intimate wedding, so I don't give anyone the wrong impression or make anyone upset that I didn't invite other people (extended family)?? Nicole
    Posted by nprovost88[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is going to be one of the most important events of your life.  Send invitations.  It will be a nice keepsake for you to have as well.  

</div>
  • Options
    Honestly I think that if you and your FI are that comfortable with everyone and it's going to be as low-profile as you made it sound, then no invites will be needed. That being said, I still think it'd be nice to send them out. 
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd send paper invitations.  People have a tendency not to take emailed invitations or word-of-mouth invitations as seriously as paper invitations.  Regardless of how "comfortable" you are with them or low-key your wedding will be, you don't want the invited guests thinking that this is an occasion they can blow off or come late to.
  • Options
    We had a very small wedding like yours - each of us invited 7 people.  And yes, we did paper invitations.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice!  I think I'll send paper invites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards