April 2013 Weddings

Getting your hair done!

Ok ladies -  I need a hair cut.  Just a trim and relayering the mess that is on my head right now.  I always dye my hair myself, but I am never crazy about the color.  I think I am going to shell out the big bucks and get my hair dyed professionally when I get it cut this time.  I have 23 days left until the wedding and my hair grows fast - I don't want major roots at my wedding.  When do you suggest getting my hair dyed/cut before the wedding?  When I dye it myself it turns brassy for about 5 days, not sure if a salon can make it a great color with no brassiness right away or not.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Getting your hair done!

• The salon should be able to take care of the brasiness.  I would go two weeks in advance in the event you need them to alter the color if you don't like it.  I'm personally going 3 1/2 weeks in advance b/c my hair doesn't grow that quickly and it's right before my bridal shower and the last week I'm in town and can go to someone I trust.  Good luck!

• I'm thinking I'll get my hair trimed and highlighted about 10 days before. My hair grows fast as well.

Anniversary
  • I'm getting my hair cut and colored this Saturday and my wedding is the 13th so 2 weeks exactly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    I just got my hair trimmed this past Saturday and I am getting my highlights done a week before for the wedding (wedding is April 20th). I am not getting it trimmed again since I want it to grow up. I've had my highlights done by the same person for years, so I'm not worried about having to fix anything and that's why I am going so close to the wedding.

If you do all-over color I would suggest maybe a week and a half to two weeks in advance. You can always touch up roots if you need to closer to the wedding.

ETA: The salon uses different kinds of dyes than what comes out of the box, they should have no problem with the brass-factor.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards