Illinois-Chicago
Options

Chicago-inspired favor ideas

Hello everyone!

FI and I live in Chicago, but are both from Madison, WI originally and will be getting married there, so I haven't really been on this board at all. Since we're getting married in Wisconsin, we want to be able to bring something Chicago into the mix.

A friend of mine who is getting married this weekend told med she was putting Garrett's popcorn in little mason jars and using them as favors. I thought that was an awesome idea and I might steal it. Can anyone think of something else like that I could do (preferably something edible)?

Re: Chicago-inspired favor ideas

• Options
    http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/states-cookie-cutters.aspx

We went to a wedding where the bride and groom came from two different states.  They made cookies made in the shapes of their respective states.  I thought it was really cute, but not absolutely, immediately apparent as to what it was.

When I thnk of Chicago food, my brain goes more to savory things like hot dogs, Italian beef, and pizza, but other things that come to mind are Eli's cheesecake, Frango mints, and Wrigley's gum.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I know, I wish I could cram a hot dog in a jar and it would not be disgusting haha
  • Options
    Blommers Chocolate Co is local.  I believe they have a retail front that you would be able to buy from.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My co-worker is also getting married this summer and they are using Mustards Last Stand as a late-night snack and they will come in with a hotdog cart and serve mini chicago style hotdogs. Its not so much a "favor" but a really cool parting gift and i dont thinks its terribly expensive. I'm using Garretts popcorn too lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards