Wedding Party

Would you pay 305 for a bridemaid dress???

2»

Re: Would you pay 305 for a bridemaid dress???

• I wouldn't...I'd have to bow out of being a bridesmaid...especially when you consider they're probably going to need alterations, shoes and any accessories.  I'd ask them what their budget is and maybe take a pic of that dress to a few bridal shops and see if you can find something similar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_would-you-pay-305-for-a-bridemaid-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7146c3a1-a3fa-42de-b6ff-2ee53b80ba55Post:19942d7e-1762-498e-a92e-32995d60bdac">Would you pay 305 for a bridemaid dress???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found a designer bridesmaid dress that I really like but the cost is just ridiculous to me and the $305 does not include alteration! I am trying to keep in mind of all the other expenses my bridesmaid will have to deal with without losing sight of my vision for my wedding. What do you feel is appropriate cost for a long bridesmaid dress?
    Posted by abbydelva[/QUOTE]

Nope.
    Before I picked out a dress I asked all my BM's what is the most you are willing to pay for a dress? They all agreed on $200. I went over by $5. Luckily only minor alterations are needed- and they are getting the alterations done throught someone outside the store who is much cheaper. I told them that if they want, i'll pay for the alterations since the dress was over by $5.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_would-you-pay-305-for-a-bridemaid-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7146c3a1-a3fa-42de-b6ff-2ee53b80ba55Post:19942d7e-1762-498e-a92e-32995d60bdac">Would you pay 305 for a bridemaid dress???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found a designer bridesmaid dress that I really like but the cost is just ridiculous to me and the $305 does not include alteration! I am trying to keep in mind of all the other expenses my bridesmaid will have to deal with without losing sight of my vision for my wedding. What do you feel is appropriate cost for a long bridesmaid dress?
    Posted by abbydelva[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would say $250, tops, before alterations. And an effort should be made to find the least expensive dress possible that everyone likes.

</div>
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • julie650julie650 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't pay for that. Not everyone is as invested in your wedding as you are so that amount is just too high. This is especially true when it is more likely than not that you could find similar dresses/achieve a similar look without spending that much money. Do you have a link, like a pp mentioned, so that we can help you out with that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards