October 2014 Weddings

October 18th, 2014

Me and my love have finally set the date we are to be married!! October 18th, 2014! I cannot wait to be his mrs :)

Any other october 18th brides out here?!

Re: October 18th, 2014

• thats what me and my fiance decided on to!!! WEDDING DAY BUDDIES! 
    Anniversary
  • Ah so exciting!!!!! Have you planned anything yet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_october-18th-2014?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:43eef0fb-f255-48db-8ca0-3cf848d2fb2aPost:a19af7a3-fae1-493a-b9bb-be16e3d0e367">October 18th, 2014</a>:
    We were going to have the 18th as well, until the coordinator at the venue for our reception told me that it is sweetest day.  I thought it would be perfect to marry the love of my life on sweetest day, but then was hit with the sky rocket prices for that day for pretty much EVERYTHING... I changed our date.  Might be something you want to look into.  Especially with real flowers and venues.  I decided to make all my bouquets because of that. 
    Congrats!!  Enjoy your day and planning. 
    [QUOTE]Me and my love have finally set the date we are to be married!! October 18th, 2014! I cannot wait to be his mrs :) Any other october 18th brides out here?!
    Posted by hannahc930[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_october-18th-2014?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:43eef0fb-f255-48db-8ca0-3cf848d2fb2aPost:a815a156-8215-46bb-816a-9f4c2479ee3f">Re: October 18th, 2014</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to October 18th, 2014 : We were going to have the 18th as well, until the coordinator at the venue for our reception told me that it is sweetest day.  I thought it would be perfect to marry the love of my life on sweetest day, but then was hit with the sky rocket prices for that day for pretty much EVERYTHING... I changed our date.  Might be something you want to look into.  Especially with real flowers and venues.  I decided to make all my bouquets because of that.  Congrats!!  Enjoy your day and planning. 
    Posted by prnceschris99[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh wow I never even gave that a thought. Any venues that I've spoken with haven't mentioned an increase in pricing and they have given me quotes and everything. The flowers would definitely make a difference though...</div><div>
    </div><div>I may have to consider doing my own, not that it's a big deal. Thank you for pointing that out and congrats and happy planning for you as well!</div>
  • we have decided on our flowers, invitaitons. i have spoken with caterers and our prefered venue. i have my dress already, and my bm/moh. i have my budget started and my guest list pretty much finalized. 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_october-18th-2014?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:43eef0fb-f255-48db-8ca0-3cf848d2fb2aPost:5bf63d22-b0f4-4339-91a3-935b763068cd">Re: October 18th, 2014</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October 18th, 2014 : Oh wow I never even gave that a thought. Any venues that I've spoken with haven't mentioned an increase in pricing and they have given me quotes and everything. The flowers would definitely make a difference though... I may have to consider doing my own, not that it's a big deal. Thank you for pointing that out and congrats and happy planning for you as well!
    Posted by hannahc930[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div> I am from PNW (pacific northwest) sweetest day is nothing i have EVER heard of, but i just wikipedia'ed it..might be fun to incorporate! </div>
    Anniversary
  • Congrats!

The 18th is our date as well, and so far nothing has been priced higher because of Sweetest Day.  The prices are high because October is like the most popular wedding month, lol.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Congratulations, it's our date as well! I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one so far ahead of the game.
  • My Fiance and I booked our venue last weekend.  I had no clue it landed on Sweetest day... too funny. I'm glad that there are other people out there that has booked way ahead.  
  • One day before you, October 17th! Congratulations!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • October 18th, 2014 here as well!! I didn't know it was sweetest day, b/c we do not celebrate it in VA, but in IL (where my fiancé is from), they do! So that is pretty neat! :)
  • Wow.... I wish I was as ahead of the game as you are!  We just put a deposit down on our venue since October dates book fast... but that's about it!!
  • amydom21amydom21 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2013
    We are getting married on October 18th also!!! :)  Super excited!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married October 18th too.  Venue booked. :)
  • We are booking 10-18-14 for our wedding on the north shore of Lake Superior, in MN. I am worried there won't be any fall colors left???? 
  • lawsrwlawsrw member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We're 10/18/14 too! somehow it's only a little over a year away!
  • It still feels like FOREVER to me!
    Anniversary
  • This is our day, too! Congratulations, ladies!
  • I'm getting married on this day too! glad there are others who are taking time to plan like me :)

Congrats!
  • We're getting married on this day as well! Congratulations everyone, and happy planning! :)
  • Currently my date is Oct. 18th too! I'm newly engaged so I haven't planned a lot except the venue..
  • Currently my date is Oct. 18th too! I'm newly engaged so I haven't planned a lot except the venue..

Sit back and relax and take planning slow. Enjoy the next 14.5 months

Anniversary
  • Thanks! I'm trying to relax but I'm so eager to get everything figured out! :)
  • Thanks! I'm trying to relax but I'm so eager to get everything figured out! :)

Trust me. I am in the SAME boat!
    Anniversary
  • We have been engaged since September but just recently set our Oct 18 2014 date... so we just started planning! I was so stressed already, but we already have a venue, photographer and DJ booked! So now we really do have time to relax and sit back and enjoy until it gets closer! :) 
  • We just put down our deposit for the reception. So we are officially marrying on 10/18/14!
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also just put our deposit down! We are officially getting married 10/18/14! AHH So exciting!
  • My fiance and I were talking about getting our engagement photos done pretty soon so we can send out save-the-dates. Has any other Oct 18 couples done this yet? When is the average time to send these out? Thanks!
  • We haven't got ours done yet, and thinking this spring is when we will get them done..I think STD are sent out about 6  months before
  • We are also waiting until the spring to do our photos, but we are sharing the information through word of mouth now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards