Moms and Maids
Options

bridesmaid hair issues

I have to tell you so far I have been very lucky with my bridesmaids  I have a good group of loveable girls for the most part.  Now to the one trouble I 'm having:  My little cuz (one of my brides maids)  shaved haft her head at first I just ignored it.  Now she shaved it in to a mohwak, i'm talking 1980's long hair in the middle and buzzed down to a one on the sides.  when I asked she didnt do this.  I dont want to be a crazy bride and be like please have busness approiate hair.  I dont know how to bring it up plus most of my family is hounding me to tell her to change her hair.  I tried to explain that there is still 14 months till my wedding I am hoping that she will realize on her own but I am feeling tons of pressure from my family to bring this up.
DO i bring this up?
If so how??

Re: bridesmaid hair issues

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-hair-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:4de51a4d-c05c-4041-942e-b7bf722d08e1Post:223fd012-3659-4e1a-bd6c-317628469504">bridesmaid hair issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to tell you so far I have been very lucky with my bridesmaids  I have a good group of loveable girls for the most part.  Now to the one trouble I 'm having:  My little cuz (one of my brides maids)  shaved haft her head at first I just ignored it.  Now she shaved it in to a mohwak, i'm talking 1980's long hair in the middle and buzzed down to a one on the sides.  when I asked she didnt do this.  I dont want to be a crazy bride and be like please have busness approiate hair.  I dont know how to bring it up plus most of my family is hounding me to tell her to change her hair.  I tried to explain that there is still 14 months till my wedding I am hoping that she will realize on her own but I am feeling tons of pressure from my family to bring this up. DO i bring this up? If so how??
    Posted by nfontana[/QUOTE]

You do not bring it up.  It is her body (or hair in this instance) and she can do whatever she wants with it.  I doubt you asked her to be in your wedding only because of her pretty hair.  She is still the same person whether she has a mohawk, long hair, or no hair at all.

Like you said, you have 14 months till your wedding so leave it alone.  Never bring it up.  If she still has it by the time your wedding rolls around then let her rock the hell out of it.

As for your family, they need to chill the heck out and worry about more important matters then someone's head.

• Options
    No, do not listen to your family, and this is a MOB telling you that.

She is who she is.  Mohawk, bald, or long hair.  Your family should consider that the more they fuss about this, the more she may be likely to experiment with other looks.  If she does, that is her business.

You love her for who she is, not what her hair looks like.  Do not kick her out, do not ask her to do business casual hair.  Let it go.  I promise - it will be fine.

• Options
    Honestly, how does her hairstyle affect you or your wedding? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    If I were in someone's wedding and she asked me to change my appearance, I'd be so embarrassed. It really does not effect you in any way
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-hair-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:4de51a4d-c05c-4041-942e-b7bf722d08e1Post:223fd012-3659-4e1a-bd6c-317628469504">bridesmaid hair issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to tell you so far I have been very lucky with my bridesmaids  I have a good group of loveable girls for the most part.  Now to the one trouble I 'm having:  My little cuz (one of my brides maids)  shaved haft her head at first I just ignored it.  Now she shaved it in to a mohwak, i'm talking 1980's long hair in the middle and buzzed down to a one on the sides.  when I asked she didnt do this.  I dont want to be a crazy bride and be like please have busness approiate hair.  I dont know how to bring it up plus most of my family is hounding me to tell her to change her hair.  I tried to explain that there is still 14 months till my wedding I am hoping that she will realize on her own but I am feeling tons of pressure from my family to bring this up. DO i bring this up? If so how??
    Posted by nfontana[/QUOTE]

I can totally relate to what your going through, but its actually my Maid of Honor that shaved half her head and my wedding  is in 3 months. At first I freaked out ( not to her ) to my ma. We talked about it, and we came to the same conclusion as the other posts. I didn't ask her to be in my wedding because of her appearance, I asked her to be in my wedding because I want her there with me, crazy haircut and all. The more I got use to that idea, the easier it was to let the radical haircut go. After that I actually went online and looked up hairstyles for her, that would suit her personilty and my black tie affair. I was honest with her and told her I loved her, but could she be a little less radical for one day. Because I was honest with her, she was cool with it and we looked at hairstyles together.

Bottom line, love her for her, and be honest about how you envisioned your girls at the wedding. Good luck!

ps My MOH currently has chevron stripes on the shaved side...it actually suits her.
  • Options
    Women's bodies are not public property.  The public does not get to control your body, nor hers.

You asked her to stand with you because you love her.  

Also, the style of hair that you are describing is VERY EASY to style in a way that looks like nothing is shaved.  To try to control her hair, when it's such a non-issue, would be crossing all sorts of lines, and offensive as heck.  She would have every right to cuss you out, and walk away.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards