Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

DJs

Can anyone recommend a good DJ?  We are looking for someone reasonably priced, who is dependable, listens to requests, and does not try to steal the show.  I have been to a few weddings where the DJ tries to do too much...cracking jokes, teaching dance steps, etc.  We just want someone who is professional, and can play good music!

Thanks!

Re: DJs

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_djs-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:dab8da2e-16ef-43f3-b209-623165296963Post:96dfa857-6c24-4167-8458-8dfec33ed364">DJs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can anyone recommend a good DJ?  We are looking for someone reasonably priced, who is dependable, listens to requests, and does not try to steal the show.  I have been to a few weddings where the DJ tries to do too much...cracking jokes, teaching dance steps, etc.  We just want someone who is professional, and can play good music! Thanks!
    Posted by gribowjm[/QUOTE]

That sounds like what we want! My wedding isn't until October 26, so I can't comment on them in action, but...

We interviewed two DJs and loved both of them, tough decision to make, but we're going with Kevin Redford from Redford Entertainment.  Very easy going personality, lots of experience.  He's not a show off and from all the reviews I've read he's super down to earth and helpful at the wedding. 

We also met with Klicker Productions.  He's newer to dj'ing (3 years) but is a musician himself so he knows music really well. 
  • We used Klicker Productions for our wedding in January and Dan was great! Perfect MC, played exactly what we wanted, open to requests and even at the end of the night after our last song that we chose, our friends chanted for "one more song!" and he was quick and actually played another song. It seriously made our night and our friends thought it was amazing.
  • hi!  I am using DJ Bill Bara with Modern Era weddings.  He came recommended from the boards, my venue coordinator, and basically any google search I tried. I am not getting married until next May so I can't speak on how he did with my wedding, but he has been great at other weddings. 

Good luck in your search :)
  • We are using Steve Maffei Jr.  We saw him at a friends wedding and thought he was good.  We haven't met with him yet and our wedding is not until September.  Price is under $1,000.
  • CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    We used DJ "H" (Harold Purdy) from Modern Era Weddings. He is the same style as Bill Bara but cheaper. We got a discount because we had an off-season wedding but he looking back we still would have paid full price. We absolutely LOVED him. You will not be disappointed. He didn't talk too much and played requests (while still sticking to our "do not play" list). Here is my review from our March wedding that I posted on this board:

DJ Harold Purdy of Modern Era Weddings: A++

Harold was exactly the kind of DJ we wanted for our wedding reception. He was so easy to work with and get in touch with, has a very outgoing personality and was confident and fun as an emcee. He worked so well with the hotel staff and with our photographer to make sure the reception went off without a hitch. He also did such a great job keeping my husband and I informed when we would be doing the garter/bouquet toss, special dances, etc. The best part though was that he is more of a club DJ than your typical wedding DJ. He mixed songs, played a GREAT combo of old and new songs, and got our guests involved. The dance floor was seriously PACKED from the time open dancing started until the very last song. We even extended our bar for an hour and Harold kept the party going the whole time! We couldn’t have made a better decision on picking Harold as our DJ, we are still hearing from both our younger and older guests on how great he was and we couldn’t agree more!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're using BPM Deejays.  We were looking for someone low key who wasn't going to be a party starter/yeller the whole time.  Matt seems great and we're excited to work with him!
  • djs eric and willie from 2nd II none. theyre unbelievable and they have all sorts of things you can add on, photobooths, "cloud dancing," confetti cannons, etc. the whole company is fabulous, but i had eric and willie at mine and people raved abuot them... they still do.
  • we're using Wedding Solutions Inc. for our DJ, photobooth and uplighting! Got a great deal getting those three things together and the DJs have won lots of awards on the knot and wedding wire! My wedding isn't until July so I'll let you know how their services are, but so far so good! When I email him, he calls me within 5 minutes, no lie! And they have an online program where we can make a "must play" and "do not play" list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards