Wedding Etiquette Forum

Posting negative online reviews for vendors

Did you or will you be giving negative reviews for any of your vendors?

I posted one on Yelp for a bridal salon I went to where my mom and I walked in the door and NO ONE was there waiting for us. We had an appointment. We searched the store for no less than 20 minutes before I knocked on the break room door and our consultant asked us to let us finish her lunch and she'd be out in 5 minutes. In the meantime, we could look at the sample gowns.

I pulled some sample gowns, and the consultant, having finished her lunch, asked me what sort of dress I was looking for. I told her my budget (I won't say my budget here, but I had plenty to spend) and my style. I asked her not to bring out lace dresses. And... she brings out 8 lace dresses and two dresses that weren't lace. She told me that she didn't have anything else. I asked to see the room where she pulled the dresses and she told me I couldn't look at them. So I couldn't even see all of my options. I know that this is a policy in some stores - but they didn't have a catalog, a list of designers, photos, dresses on mannequins, nothing.

So I put on my sample gowns and one of the dresses she pulled. Every time I put one on and said that I liked it, she told me, "You should just buy it." Not that I looked nice, didn't tell me anything about the dress or designer or fabric - just that I should buy it.

I posted a review on Yelp and the store asked Yelp to take it down. I learned this last week when I went to post some more reviews and I noticed that my review wasn't on the company's profile OR my profile anymore. I contacted Yelp, and apparently the salon had complained to Yelp that my review wasn't true, that I hadn't been there, and that I was a competitor sabotaging their business.

... What?

Anyway, what have you or will you do? Have you had any bad experiences with vendors that warrant a negative review? OR - do you find it rude to post negative reviews?

Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors

• I would be posting another review again but with the addition of the salon running and crying to Yelp about your comments.

I do not find it rude to post negative reviews.  If all reveiws were positive how would anyone know if a business sucks or not.

I posted a poor review of my DJ on wedding wire.  I did not like the service I received and said so in my review.  As far as I know it is still there, but I haven't checked in a while.

• If you posted the review in a similar tone as your post here I don't see why Yelp would have taken it down.  It was a calm review without profanity or tirades and I think you have a legitimate gripe with the bridal salon.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • That's awful!  I'm so sorry you had that experience and that the company basically called you a liar.  I don't have much to add with how they've responded to your review, but I'm glad you reviewed them! I have no problem giving negative reviews if the vendor has earned them.  Most vendors use this knowledge to help their business improve.  To deny that this never happened to you is appalling.  I would complain to the company's higher-ups, but that's just me. 
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2013
    I posted a negative review for my wedding planner on WW. I've posted negative reviews on Yelp. I think as long as they are accurate and you provide specific examples of why you had a bad experience (ie you don't simply say "the dresses sucked. this place is bad)  Yelp had no right to take it down. I would be writing thorough reviews on many sites after that incident AND I would be ripping Yelp a new one. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:398096a9-e478-498e-9e81-31a5c33d4091">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted a negative review for my wedding planner on WW. I've posted negative reviews on Yelp. I think as long as they are accurate and you provide specific examples of why you had a bad experience (ie you don't simply say "the dresses sucked. this place is bad)  <strong>Yelp had no right to take it down. I would be writing thorough reviews on many sites after that incident AND I would be ripping Yelp a new one</strong>. 
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]

This.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My post had a very, very similar tone to the one here.

I posted a new one, and Yelp filtered it out because I had posted one previously and it was deleted. So you can only view it if you log in, and my review isn't factored into the business' rating.

I might go post it on Wedding Wire, too...
  • I don't think negative reviews are rude at all.  As long as you're posting true statements it's the whole point of review websites.

I'd do whatever I could to get the message out there that this store has horrible customer service.  I can't believe they would straight-up lie to yelp to get the review removed.
  • I recommend posting your review in as many locations as possible.  It will be found by other brides looking for the information. 

Yelp should be ashamed of itself for taking the review down, the point of the reviewing is to provide an honest look at a company and the experiences a customer has with it.  I'd contact Yelp, through their website and let them know that you are not a competitor, that you were a potential customer and your feedback is legitimate and important.  Every company should have the ability to contest a review, because I'm sure there are times when something like this happens, but it's not up to Yelp to make an immediate decision as to the validity of your review.

Good luck!
  • edited April 2013
    I posted a negative review about my dinner reception location. I did list their few good points, but listed that bad as well. I don't think they are rude. It's just something that business owners have to deal with these days! For that salon, sounds like a negative review would be good for them so that they actually treat their customers better from now on so that they don't get anymore bad reviews. I'd write another review about that though, that's for sure!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I posted a negative review about my florist on Yelp. I just checked and it is still there. I did have to submit his business information since he didn't already have a page there. I posted the same review on WeddingWire(which I know vendors can dispute and have negative reviews removed since my florist has done it before) and on Wedding Channel.

As long as you aren't slamming employees looks or something and it is not in a hateful tone, I see no reason for reviews to be removed. I would contact Yelp and give them an earful about it. But I'm kind of stubborn like that.

• I'm in St. Louis too, I'll post it under my name if you want.  That is ridiculous, I have never heard of such poor service.  I'm surprised they're still in business if that is the type of salespeople they employ.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I had a positive review of a restaurant filtered by Yelp, and it was really frustrating, especially because I would like to leave a review of another business that would be pretty bad, but Yelp apparently thinks I'm not legit.  

I posted a negative review of a caterer on my local board here.  We were not happy with her, but did not want to post further negative reviews because the problems directly arose from her getting injured a few weeks before our wedding (although other issues, like not having a second-in-command or insurance coverage would have been her fault).  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:b9181901-1ccd-4e4d-bd97-807b0f447843">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in St. Louis too, I'll post it under my name if you want.  That is ridiculous, I have never heard of such poor service.  I'm surprised they're still in business if that is the type of salespeople they employ.
    Posted by daveANDkristen[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh man, if only it were in St. Louis! The boutique was actually up in my hometown, Milwaukee. I ended up buying a dress from a really fabulous shop in Clayton which was INFINITELY better than this bad one. Thanks for the offer!</div><div>
    </div><div>I honestly don't know what was up that day. I've read so many other great reviews, so it was either a freak accident or they challenge every negative review they receive. I haven't read ANY negative reviews on WW or Yelp...</div>
  • I say this totally without proof: I have heard that businesses can pay Yelp to filter their reviews. For this reason I always check multiple review sites if I need to see if something's good or not. 
  • I love Yelp so much when I'm trying to find out more about a business. This makes me sad.

Yelp has filtered some of my positive reviews (which I also have problems with) but never any of my negative ones. Luckily I haven't had any negative wedding related experiences, but I would definitely say something if I were in your shoes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:ed29300d-631a-42d4-820a-ef08af47663c">Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you or will you be giving negative reviews for any of your vendors? I posted one on Yelp for a bridal salon I went to where my mom and I walked in the door and NO ONE was there waiting for us. We had an appointment. We searched the store for no less than 20 minutes before I knocked on the break room door and our consultant asked us to let us finish her lunch and she'd be out in 5 minutes. In the meantime, we could look at the sample gowns. I pulled some sample gowns, and the consultant, having finished her lunch, asked me what sort of dress I was looking for. I told her my budget (I won't say my budget here, but I had plenty to spend) and my style. I asked her not to bring out lace dresses. And... she brings out 8 lace dresses and two dresses that weren't lace. She told me that she didn't have anything else. I asked to see the room where she pulled the dresses and she told me I couldn't look at them. So I couldn't even see all of my options. I know that this is a policy in some stores - but they didn't have a catalog, a list of designers, photos, dresses on mannequins, nothing. So I put on my sample gowns and one of the dresses she pulled. Every time I put one on and said that I liked it, she told me, "You should just buy it." Not that I looked nice, didn't tell me anything about the dress or designer or fabric - just that I should buy it. I posted a review on Yelp and the store asked Yelp to take it down. I learned this last week when I went to post some more reviews and I noticed that my review wasn't on the company's profile OR my profile anymore. I contacted Yelp, and apparently the salon had complained to Yelp that my review wasn't true, that I hadn't been there, and that I was a competitor sabotaging their business. ... What? Anyway, what have you or will you do? Have you had any bad experiences with vendors that warrant a negative review? OR - do you find it rude to post negative reviews?
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I've tried to contact Yelp about several posts I have that have been filtered and have been told to watch their video about their filter process. I was told that their computer algorithm will filter posts and the only way they will do it manualy is if it violates their TOS or content guidelines. How were you able to talk to someone about it?

My uncle who has a business where people have posted things that are libelous ....completely untrue and he has proof and has been unable to talk to anyone about it at Yelp either without going through a bunch of automated baloney.

I think it's just fine to post negative experiences as long as they are true and written with the majority of emotion removed.

I'm really very annoyed with Yelp overall right now and have stopped posting because they apparently don't feel that my reviews are worth keeping unfiltered. I write very few bad reviews too.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Here's a link about how Yelp explains their filter process. I think it's BS: http://officialblog.yelp.com/2010/03/yelp-review-filter-explained.html
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Wow, that's disappointing to hear about Yelp!

I post reviews (positive and negative) on Yelp all the time, I'm a regular! I will absolutely be posting reviews for my wedding vendors once my event takes place. Hopefully no negative reviews will be necessary but if need be, you can bet I will be posting.

If I were you I'd keep posting your review with the addition of calling out that salon for reporting false information to Yelp to have it removed. If it happens again, I'd post it again. And I would most certainly contact Yelp and let them know that they got punked by a bad business owner and should not have removed your review. They may just reinstate it. 

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:ed29300d-631a-42d4-820a-ef08af47663c">Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you or will you be giving negative reviews for any of your vendors? I posted one on Yelp for a bridal salon I went to where my mom and I walked in the door and NO ONE was there waiting for us. We had an appointment. We searched the store for no less than 20 minutes before I knocked on the break room door and our consultant asked us to let us finish her lunch and she'd be out in 5 minutes. In the meantime, we could look at the sample gowns. I pulled some sample gowns, and the consultant, having finished her lunch, asked me what sort of dress I was looking for. I told her my budget (I won't say my budget here, but I had plenty to spend) and my style. I asked her not to bring out lace dresses. And... she brings out 8 lace dresses and two dresses that weren't lace. She told me that she didn't have anything else. I asked to see the room where she pulled the dresses and she told me I couldn't look at them. So I couldn't even see all of my options. I know that this is a policy in some stores - but they didn't have a catalog, a list of designers, photos, dresses on mannequins, nothing. So I put on my sample gowns and one of the dresses she pulled. Every time I put one on and said that I liked it, she told me, "You should just buy it." Not that I looked nice, didn't tell me anything about the dress or designer or fabric - just that I should buy it. I posted a review on Yelp and the store asked Yelp to take it down. I learned this last week when I went to post some more reviews and I noticed that my review wasn't on the company's profile OR my profile anymore. I contacted Yelp, and apparently the salon had complained to Yelp that my review wasn't true, that I hadn't been there, and that I was a competitor sabotaging their business. ... What? Anyway, what have you or will you do? Have you had any bad experiences with vendors that warrant a negative review? OR - do you find it rude to post negative reviews?
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

I posted a negative review on Yelp too about a bridal salon and it got taken down...makes you re-think how useful Yelp even is ,huh?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:cbd1ff33-91b9-4b63-ac01-0b37631827d8">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]My post had a very, very similar tone to the one here. I posted a new one, and Yelp filtered it out because I had posted one previously and it was deleted. So you can only view it if you log in, and my review isn't factored into the business' rating. I might go post it on Wedding Wire, too...
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

<div>I would post it in multiple places.  I utilize Yelp a lot.  I think being an informed consumer is important and the best way to know about a business is through past customers.  To be fair though, I also provide good reviews when I have a good experience.  </div><div>
    </div><div>There are more places to post than Yelp, I'd continue to warn other brides.  No reason why other women need to waste their time at such a place.</div>
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I've posted negative reviews on Yelp.  Warning other people about bad service is a favor to them-even if the business doesn't like it.  Maybe it will convince them to shape up or ship out.
  • I post positive and negative reviews. Yelp kind of judges you by your posts to see if you're a real person. So the more reviews you post on a variety of topics, the more likely yelp is to put your review back up.

Anniversary

• I posted a negative review of our florist complete with pictures of the poor quality of the flowers she delivered. I'm a regular reviewer so even though it was the first review for the florist, it did not get removed. Since I first posted it several other people have posted glowing reviews, but whatever. I posted the same review with the same pictures on Wedding Wire and Google Reviews. I'll give the florist credit for not trying to get any of them removed.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:23804e71-622d-465d-8474-ea8319733af1">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the people whose reviews got taken down, how many reviews have you written?  If you just create an account to write one or two negative reviews business often make the case that you're a competitor or someone with a vendetta. If you have several reviews of various places, some of which are positive they leave your reviews alone.  I have written scathing reviews on yelp (of my old apartment building where there was a roach infestation that the management did nothing about and the roof leaked) and my review didn't get filtered when others did. 
    Posted by HoorayForSoup[/QUOTE]

I have about 40 or 50 reviews. Not all of them are filtered.

The reviews aren't removed. At the bottom left of the vendor page, there's something that shows the filtered reviews. It makes you go through captcha to see them. They're all there.
    image   imageimage

• This post could not have come at a better time. I was thinking about this myself. Our planner promised the world and has done next to nothing. We feel stuck with her because of her connection with our vendors. When I go to her review page, all of her reviews are 5s and are completely glowing! I was wondering if she just hates our wedding for some reason, if they were written by friends, or if she takes action against people who post negative reviews. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:398096a9-e478-498e-9e81-31a5c33d4091">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted a negative review for my wedding planner on WW. I've posted negative reviews on Yelp. I think as long as they are accurate and you provide specific examples of why you had a bad experience (ie you don't simply say "the dresses sucked. this place is bad)  Yelp had no right to take it down. I would be writing thorough reviews on many sites after that incident AND I would be ripping Yelp a new one. 
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]

<div>Please tell me about your wedding planner. I'm having issues in this regard, too, and would love to commiserate.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:a68446cf-f396-4f2e-a8b7-ad123692dafe">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]This post could not have come at a better time. I was thinking about this myself. Our planner promised the world and has done next to nothing. We feel stuck with her because of her connection with our vendors. When I go to her review page, all of her reviews are 5s and are completely glowing! I was wondering if she just hates our wedding for some reason, if they were written by friends, or if she takes action against people who post negative reviews. 
    Posted by AndreaJulia[/QUOTE]

Are you telling your wedding planner that you aren't happy with her? I'd start there and also discuss with your vendors before posting anything about her. I'd also wait till your transaction with all partys (and your wedding) is complete  before posting anything.

If you are unhappy with her, she might be willing to cancel her services with you for a fee or for no fee. These courtesies should be allowed when you're in an existing contract and relationship with a vendor.

If you write a negative review, as long as the statements you provide are accurate, there's not a lot of action she can take and be successful with.
    image   imageimage

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:4cb3185c-6210-4753-85c2-c70166bc6fb7">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors : Please tell me about your wedding planner. I'm having issues in this regard, too, and would love to commiserate.
    Posted by AndreaJulia[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>She's from the Philly area...I'm wondering if we had the same one! My biggest problem was communication-I booked her for partial planning and I would send her one email a month-it would take her up to a month to reply to it. I would have phone appointments booked with her, I would call and leave a message, she wouldn't return the call. And then she would have an elaborate story for why she couldn't make our appointment. </div><div>
    </div><div>I was surprised at the lack of her knowledge-I would ask about tipping etiquette and she would claim she had no idea. She told me my mother had to go shopping for her dress 6 months out and kept insisting on it. My mother was going to the department store to buy off the rack. Meanwhile I asked her for florist and baker recommendations 4 months out because I would be in town to have meetings/tastings and she told me not to worry about it, it was too soon. Well it's when I have time to do it-it's my decision on whether it's too soon or not! So I just got recommendations here and on other sites and ended up with an amazing florist and baker. </div><div>
    </div><div>On the day of our wedding, she was45 minutes late picking me up. And she brought her mother with her, and didn't tell me she was going to bring her along to "help." I obviously hadn't included the mother in our meal headcount. My friends ended up doing more of the work than she did setting up, cleaning up the room we got ready in, etc. We realized last minute that we were one bout short, and I could not find her anywhere to have her call the florist and get another one. A friend ended up making the call, the florist had it ready in 10 minutes, they were amazing. All in all, I feel like she made a lot of money off of me without doing much work.</div><div>
    </div><div>I debated about firing her all the time but I didn't have the balls, because I am a pansy. My advice, if you are really unhappy with your planner, get rid of her and book someone else for DOC services. I wish I had. 

</div>
  • AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:4d28738f-fbeb-4ef8-97f5-8176d266794f">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors : Are you telling your wedding planner that you aren't happy with her? I'd start there and also discuss with your vendors before posting anything about her. I'd also wait till your transaction with all partys (and your wedding) is complete  before posting anything. If you are unhappy with her, she might be willing to cancel her services with you for a fee or for no fee. These courtesies should be allowed when you're in an existing contract and relationship with a vendor. If you write a negative review, as long as the statements you provide are accurate, there's not a lot of action she can take and be successful with.
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

<div>Not really. We've tried the "motivational" approach, where you are like, "OMG you are like so so good at design and we bow to your expertise. Can you please take the lead when discussing design with the florist? That would be so super great!" as opposed to, "despite promising to 'design our wedding', you haven't ever presented us with a concept despite being asked repeatedly. Because of this, our wedding is exactly the design mish-mosh I was trying to avoid by hiring you. Instead of taking the lead with design-related things, you have sat back and just commented on whether you like things we picked ourselves, the same way a mom or friend might. If you don't come to the florist appointment prepared with ideas on how the flowers will fit with the nonexistent overall concept, I'm going to sit there and imagine myself punching you in the throat repeatedly." Additionally, when she doesn't answer e-mails or calls, I always follow up with something nice and nonconfrontational. </div><div>
    </div><div>She is besties with several of our vendors so we don't want to screw things up <span style="font-size:11px;">or add undue stress so close to our wedding.</span><span style="font-size:11px;">. So, most of the time we just accept it </span></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_posting-negative-online-reviews-for-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f5ef870-8372-4bd6-aa82-c90782531033Post:1466d576-9eb9-4c28-94f8-9af43832b086">Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Posting negative online reviews for vendors : She's from the Philly area...I'm wondering if we had the same one! My biggest problem was communication-I booked her for partial planning and I would send her one email a month-it would take her up to a month to reply to it. I would have phone appointments booked with her, I would call and leave a message, she wouldn't return the call. And then she would have an elaborate story for why she couldn't make our appointment.  I was surprised at the lack of her knowledge-I would ask about tipping etiquette and she would claim she had no idea. She told me my mother had to go shopping for her dress 6 months out and kept insisting on it. My mother was going to the department store to buy off the rack. Meanwhile I asked her for florist and baker recommendations 4 months out because I would be in town to have meetings/tastings and she told me not to worry about it, it was too soon. Well it's when I have time to do it-it's my decision on whether it's too soon or not! So I just got recommendations here and on other sites and ended up with an amazing florist and baker.  On the day of our wedding, she was45 minutes late picking me up. And she brought her mother with her, and didn't tell me she was going to bring her along to "help." I obviously hadn't included the mother in our meal headcount. My friends ended up doing more of the work than she did setting up, cleaning up the room we got ready in, etc. We realized last minute that we were one bout short, and I could not find her anywhere to have her call the florist and get another one. A friend ended up making the call, the florist had it ready in 10 minutes, they were amazing. All in all, I feel like she made a lot of money off of me without doing much work. I debated about firing her all the time but I didn't have the balls, because I am a pansy. My advice, if you are really unhappy with your planner, get rid of her and book someone else for DOC services. I wish I had. 
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>She isn't in Philly so probably not. She basically doesn't respond to our e-mails or phone calls. She presented herself as an event design specialist, and in our first meeting and initial meetings I told her the most important thing to us was for her to help us come up with a concept and then sketch up designs for our other vendors so we put together a really beautiful event. I wanted something with, for lack of a better word, a Pinterest-y attention to details, which isn't my forte. I kept asking her for a concept at first, and she would just keep sending me back a word doc with all the stuff I myself pinned on Pinterest. I figured maybe we would just wing it as we go, and she either doesn't attend the meetings, or doesn't do much of anything when she's there. It seems like all she really does is send us checklists of what we are supposed to do every month, something I can easily find on TheKnot. There was a period of time where she didn't answer calls/texts/e-mails for about a month, and then she answered like 2 of them and said my emails ended up in her junk folder (yeah, and the voice messages? and texts?). She ignored a lot of my requests for recs for smaller vendors like make-up and officiant. I think she really just wanted to be involved in things where she would get a large kick-back like our florist and DJ. We already booked our photographer and venue when we met her, and were about to book our videographer. Hopefully, she'll be a good day of coordinator.
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards