South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Need Help: Charleston Wedding- Best Caterers/ Rentals / Bar Services

Hello Fellow Brides!

I am looking to secure a venue that allows outside caterers and therefore, require rental of chairs, tables, linens, plates, etc.

I need some help regarding who are some of the best caterers in the Charleston area with reasonable prices and quality food. I was originally looking to be married in Maryland but the price per person for food was over $110! Not to mention ridiculous rental site fees. Sorry, not within my budget.

Also, what are the recommended places to rent chairs, tent, decor from? 
Best bar services in town? We are hoping to be able to supply our own alcohol and pay bartenders for their services. Has anyone done this? How did it go?

I would love love love some expert advice!

Re: Need Help: Charleston Wedding- Best Caterers/ Rentals / Bar Services

• Options
    In my opinion the best caterers (that can also help with rentals) are Hamby's, Lowcountry Eats, and Cru   - We are doing BBQ and Shrimp and Grits and the price per head isnt' bad at all.

Decor - I have been looking at Snyders and Ooh! for my rentals.  My caterer works a lot with Snyders so I'll probably just go with that for the ease of it.
    Bar services - Snyder has its own bar aswell. I've also heard a lot of good things about Squeeze.

I've actually been wondering the supplying our own alcohol route as well but haven't pursued it yet.
  • Options

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!  My oldest daughter was married in 2010 and we used Royal Grand Events for catering.  Curtis is AMAZING!!  Emailed me back immediately, prices were very reasonable, presentation was beautiful and most important the food was FABULOUS!!!   Curtis supplied the bar service as well.   You would not be disappointed!! 
      http://www.royalgrandevents.com/

For rentals we used Snyder for one wedding and Ooh Events for middle daughter.  Both were great to work with. 

Good luck!!

• Options
    We hired Cru Catering, Mix Premier Bartending and Event Doctors for all of our rentals (tables, silverware, plates, etc.)  I was happy with all of their services and pricing.  However, I will tell you...while it can be more economical to bring in catering, bar service, etc., the venue expects to make money as well.  We had a difficult time finding a venue in the Charleston area that didn't have a rental of at least a few thousand dollars.  You can save some money if you don't require a Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards