Ohio-Cleveland

Magical Sound Entertainment

I've seen posts and reviews about DJ Tim Talko of Magical Sound Entertainment, but has any had any experiences with the others?  "DJ George" is the DJ from the company available on my date. Anyone use him before?

Re: Magical Sound Entertainment

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I have Tim booked for my wedding two weeks after yours (and a colleague used my referral to him and has me booked for one week before yours too!).  I just looked through all the reviews for Magical Sound online and I can't find any mentioning anyone other than Tim.  Perhaps you could ask Tim if George has any references from past brides who could give you a review?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_magical-sound-entertainment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:18776ad2-ac87-4169-9e54-a6b45ee6cc37Post:95626574-b897-4da7-8c38-6334c7151704">Re: Magical Sound Entertainment</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have Tim booked for my wedding two weeks after yours (and a colleague used my referral to him and has me booked for one week before yours too!).  I just looked through all the reviews for Magical Sound online and I can't find any mentioning anyone other than Tim.  Perhaps you could ask Tim if George has any references from past brides who could give you a review?
    Posted by mlg78[/QUOTE]

Yea none of them mentioned anyone else other than him. Tim is booked the day of my wedding and it IS a really good price. But some of the reviews didn't mention any names, and was just a review under the company's name...so it's hard to tell. That's why I'm asking around to see. I hope SOMEONE can give me a review.
  • marilynkymarilynky member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    If its not too late check out The DJ Crew!!! I've seen some DJs that are brand new reuin a reception! Be careful! With the DJ crew they are all so perfessional and are great to work with! I've been to a couple wedding they have been at and they non stop play music! They really go above and beyound most DJs! Plus you can pretty plan your entire reception music online! And if you mention my name Kyra Sodergren you get 50 off!!! Remember a DJ can make or break a reception!!! Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_magical-sound-entertainment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:18776ad2-ac87-4169-9e54-a6b45ee6cc37Post:6a4a12fc-5d0f-4556-a40b-4cf959f13718">Re:Magical Sound Entertainment</a>:
    [QUOTE]If its not too late check out The DJ Crew!!! I've seen some DJs that are brand new reuin a reception! Be careful! With the DJ crew they are all so perfessional and are great to work with! I've been to a couple wedding they have been at and they non stop play music! They really go above and beyound most DJs! Plus you can pretty plan your entire reception music online! And if you mention my name Kyra Sodergren you get 50 off!!! Remember a DJ can make or break a reception!!! Good luck!
    Posted by marilynky[/QUOTE]

Well he's not new, he just doesn't have many reviews on knot.com, so I'm trying to feel it out.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Quite honestly, I'd explain your reservations with George and his lack of reviews and I'm sure Tim will offer up a solution to help ease your nerves.  It's completely understandable and he probably has references!  That's what I would do...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_magical-sound-entertainment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:18776ad2-ac87-4169-9e54-a6b45ee6cc37Post:59667385-b056-4710-ba2e-479831da77e9">Re: Magical Sound Entertainment</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quite honestly, I'd explain your reservations with George and his lack of reviews and I'm sure Tim will offer up a solution to help ease your nerves.  It's completely understandable and he probably has references!  That's what I would do...
    Posted by mlg78[/QUOTE]

I am waiting on a reply email from the two references Tim provided me for George
  • I am strongly considering using Tim for our wedding as well.  I cannot find pricing on their website. Can anyone give me a ballpark of the cost?  (I hear he is less expensive than majority of the other DJs).
  • I think we paid like $525 for 4 hours and $75 each additional? My reception was $675, I think, for the six hours. Just email him -- he may not even be available for your date! He can give you a price in case they've changed. He was WONDERFUL! Tell him Megan Graham recommended you :) My husband's cousin also used him for his wedding in December.
  • I think we paid like $525 for 4 hours and $75 each additional? My reception was $675, I think, for the six hours. Just email him -- he may not even be available for your date! He can give you a price in case they've changed. He was WONDERFUL! Tell him Megan Graham recommended you :) My husband's cousin also used him for his wedding in December.
  • Thank you, Megan.  I am going to send him an email.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards