North Carolina-Outer Banks

Drinks and things

Hi all.
We're planning on getting our own alcohol for our wedding at 108 Budleigh. We're just having beer and wine.

Did anybody else do this? I'm trying to come up with a list of what other drinks we need to have available. Soda? Juice? How many options?

Also, my caterer doesn't provide glassware. Do we need glasses if people want to pour their beers, or will people be fine with bottles I know I would be.

I'm curious now, whether buying our own alcohol we're buying from the Px in DC tax free, and cheaper will actually turn out cheaper.

Any insight?

Re: Drinks and things

• We are getting married at a private home, and only serving beer and wine as well. We will have glasses for the wine, but not for the beer (but are providing koozies). We bought three types of beer and 2 whites and 2 reds (but way more white than red b/c it is summer time). We will also be having soda (diet, regular, and sprite) along with bottled water and juice boxes for the kids. It is way cheaper to buy beer and wine here in VA than in NC.
  • We had our reception at Budleigh as well and only provided beer and wine for alcohol. We also has sweet and unsweetened tea, lemonade, coffees and two soda choices. You should have glasses for water, soda, tea, etc. Its your choice whether or not you have glasses for the beer or not. I definitely think you would save money buying from the Px, but you could always price compare between them and Costco, SAMs Club or BJ's.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_drinks-and-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:5a042183-e1de-467e-8e2b-3f600f582b1bPost:ad984135-22da-4395-9bc5-c53cd6944c18">Drinks and things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all. We're planning on getting our own alcohol for our wedding at 108 Budleigh. We're just having beer and wine. Did anybody else do this? I'm trying to come up with a list of what other drinks we need to have available. Soda? Juice? How many options? Also, my caterer doesn't provide glassware. Do we need glasses if people want to pour their beers, or will people be fine with bottles I know I would be. I'm curious now, whether buying our own alcohol we're buying from the Px in DC tax free, and cheaper will actually turn out cheaper. Any insight?
    Posted by AnnaP412[/QUOTE]

<div>This might be a silly quesiton, but what is the Px in DC?  I am doing my own alcohol and had just assumed NC was cheaper than DC (I live here too).  I was going to try to find a costco in NC or VA, but if it's cheaper here, I'm all for it!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards