February 2014 Weddings

Show us the Bling!

Re: Show us the Bling!

•  Best pic that I have of it.... didn't really take too many pics of just my ring

Bianca yours is so pretty, what stone is that?

• dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    Thank you, Its a sapphire :D it changes colors. Those photos were taken of my ring by the designer before they shipped it to us.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I am actually having a problem with my ring and have to replace it when I get back to Canada, so I can't show mine . . . but I love both of yours!  My current ring that I have to replace was a blue sapphire. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_show-us-the-bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:5c421f32-edd9-465d-8624-1e066bd3ca85Post:d08e7c02-460e-4140-84f4-306e70e78eb1">Re: Show us the Bling!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am actually having a problem with my ring and have to replace it when I get back to Canada, so I can't show mine . . . but I love both of yours!  My current ring that I have to replace was a blue sapphire. 
    Posted by kerbohl[/QUOTE]

Will you stick with a sapphire? What happened?
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_show-us-the-bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:5c421f32-edd9-465d-8624-1e066bd3ca85Post:f2817c3c-b582-41cf-a5ce-102674ff939c">Re: Show us the Bling!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My ering
    Posted by Dancer2873[/QUOTE]

Pretty!!

Oh no What happend Debbie? 

• Woo everyone has pretty shinies here :D.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Nothing major happened with my ring - it just is not working with my lifestyle.  I do a lot with my hands, and it keeps getting caught on stuff and the sapphire has already gotten a small chip, so now I'm terrified to ever wear it.  My FI figured that rather than have me never wear my ring again, it would be better to just get one with a simpler setting and replace it.  What sucks is that I have to wait until I get back to Canada in September . . . 

I will be sticking with a sapphire, because I really like a coloured stone, and sapphire is my FI birthstone.  I think I already told him about a month after we started dating that if we ever got engaged I wanted his birthstone, and he remembered!

• What color sapphire will you go with? A bezel setting maybe good for you. My setting though high is very protective of the stones. I do get fuzzies under the wings sometimes but its not a big deal.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Oh, I am definitely going with bezel.  I was thinking about it the other day and realized that every ring that I own (and wear regularly) is a bezel setting of some sort, so that will be the best idea. 
    It will be a blue sapphire.  I love blue - my favourite colour. 
    Also, I really like how protective of your stones your setting is.  It's quite unique too - did FI pick it out by himself or did you have a say?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_show-us-the-bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:5c421f32-edd9-465d-8624-1e066bd3ca85Post:43fae6f8-e309-44ee-893a-e5e32346ad0d">Re: Show us the Bling!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I am definitely going with bezel.  I was thinking about it the other day and realized that every ring that I own (and wear regularly) is a bezel setting of some sort, so that will be the best idea.  It will be a blue sapphire.  I love blue - my favourite colour.  Also, I really like how protective of your stones your setting is.  It's quite unique too - did FI pick it out by himself or did you have a say?
    Posted by kerbohl[/QUOTE]

I had a big say :). I always loved this setting I felt it was too expensive, he didn't. I had them elongate the wings for several reasons 1 it looks more like real bugs, 2 It covers the basket entirely which to me was more visually pleasing, and 3 it is more protective of the stone as a gogogo person I want something amazing but I wanted to know my center stone isn't going anywhere so wide large prongs with a bezel under it was a good bet. I helped pick the center stone too because colored stones are really personal. We actually went through 2 center stones :/
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I totally didn't see that it was wings and the side work as being....I hate saying bugs.... are they a particular insect?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_show-us-the-bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:5c421f32-edd9-465d-8624-1e066bd3ca85Post:8999d615-fbac-4ab1-a6b9-f5bab6617a0d">Re: Show us the Bling!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally didn't see that it was wings and the side work as being....I hate saying bugs.... are they a particular insect?
    Posted by Dancer2873[/QUOTE]

Dragonflies :)
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I'm sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I never got a chance to upload my new ring.  I just got it a few weeks ago - this is the picture that the jeweler took for me.  It is my engagement ring and it will also be my wedding band. 

• Very pretty!!! I like how unique it is too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards