Wisconsin

How to Involve Siblings in Wedding

We need help finding special ways our siblings can be involved in our wedding day.  I have one brother and he has 3 sisters.  We want my brother to usher and his 1 sister to do our slide show (she's awesome at them!) but can't think of "equal" important things for his other 2 sisters to do.  One sings, but then I am really stuck finding something good for the last sister to do.  They are kind of competitive when it comes to this stuff so we want it all to be equally distributed tasks. 
Any ideas would be great!

Re: How to Involve Siblings in Wedding

• The only ways to honor a sibling by involving them in the wedding are to make them bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, readers, or musical performers.  Anything else is just a job, and it isn't an honor or special way to get involved.  I would make the final sister a reader. 
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

YOU want them to do these things.

Have you asked them if they would like to help with the wedding (or be in the wedding)?

Last time I checked "slideshow maker" isn't really an honor, like Libby said.

• FIs 2 brothers are GM in the wedding and my 2 brothers are ushers - we are having all 4 of them (and SOs) sit at the head table with us, even though my brothers aren't technically in the bridal party.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I don't think my siblings are going to be involved in my wedding at all. My FI and I both chose our close friends as out WP and my family is in California so I don't know of they are coming to Wisconsin for my wedding.
  • Yes, they have all expressed interest in helping in some way and our wedding party is already big so we are not including them in that since it's very out of balance (1 guy to 3 girls).  And actually, putting together the slide show is something his sister LOVES to do and she was very excited about it, so don't put it down as something not important just because YOU don't think it is. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_how-to-involve-siblings-in-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:66b855fb-8f3d-4090-a21b-6b76f5213ed9Post:24813f1b-974b-47a4-b3c0-7cb2a7241460">Re: How to Involve Siblings in Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, they have all expressed interest in helping in some way and our wedding party is already big so we are not including them in that since it's very out of balance (1 guy to 3 girls).  And actually, putting together the slide show is something his sister LOVES to do and she was very excited about it, so don't put it down as something not important just because YOU don't think it is. 
    Posted by Babyboo30[/QUOTE]

<div>You know that wedding parties don't have to be even, right? So being "unbalanced" doesn't matter.</div>
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_how-to-involve-siblings-in-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:66b855fb-8f3d-4090-a21b-6b76f5213ed9Post:24813f1b-974b-47a4-b3c0-7cb2a7241460">Re: How to Involve Siblings in Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, they have all expressed interest in helping in some way and our wedding party is already big so we are not including them in that since it's very out of balance (1 guy to 3 girls).  And actually, putting together the slide show is something his sister LOVES to do and she was very excited about it, so don't put it down as something not important just because YOU don't think it is. 
    Posted by Babyboo30[/QUOTE]

No need to bring the attitude. No one said it wasn't "important".

Slideshow maker isn't an HONOR though, it's a job.

Think of it this way...if you would otherwise <em>pay someone</em> to do the task for your wedding, but you ask someone (friend, family) to do it for free, that's the difference.
  • I think Ushers and Readers/Performers would be the best bet. Those positions seem to be the basic "insert family member into wedding" places.
  • Involved them directly in the ceremony. I agree, slideshow maker is not an honor. Why cant you have one sister sing and the other do a reading?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards