Snarky Brides

Thank God for my mother

She hooked me up with a job!!! Its thru the company that she is CIO of. Its a realty company & I am working with the owners daughter and doing some maintenance around all the properties. Ive never done anything like this before and I never thought I would, but I kind of like it so far.

During the day we go to all the properties and clean out the ones that were recently vacated & do any minor repairs that may need done. My coworker is pretty handy, so she is teaching me a lot. Tomorrow we will be ripping up a carpet & staining the hardwood floors underneath it. Yay! Its a lot of physical work & its kind of a mans world, but we are two bad ass ladies. Its pretty funny when we tell people that we are the maintenance workers. They look at us like we are crazy.

I seriously owe my mom everything right now. I really needed this job, after almost 2 months off. It feels good to be working again, but I miss my kitty during the day. & I am so super tired & sore after work...but its a good feeling. One good thing about this job? All the physcial labor will only lead to nice toned up body.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank God for my mother

• Yay!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • How wonderful! What a great benefit!
  • That sounds awesome! Congrats!!
  • Congratulations! As a female that works in an auto repair shop, I can totally relate to the cross eyed stares and often sexist comments. If it wasn't weird, l'd z-snap my fingers and give you a token "you go girl!" haha :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay congrats!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's great Sierra! It sounds like something that's going to be different all the time, so that may be more interesting for you and keep you engaged!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats on the new job!! I love the type of work that gets me all dirty and messy lol
    V|V TSP V|V Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much for the comments! I appreciate it.

Ella...you are so right! I was thinking about it today (while I was ripping up the carpet) that the skills I am learning will definitely benefit me in the long run. Now, I will never have to hire somebody to tear up carpet or stain my floors, or tear a fence out of the yard, or fill holes in the ground. We do something different every single day, so it is really interesting. & the day goes by so quickly.

Mmk...thats so funny that you work in an auot repair shop. what do you do there?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mmk1324mmk1324 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I'm a sales manager so I'm essentially the evil wench that tries to hit you up for maintenance work when you only brought your car in for an oil change. "Hey Mr. customer, while we had your car in the shop we noticed your Johnson rod is broken. Please pay me $500 to fix it." Haha I don't exactly like my job, unfortunately. I have learned a ton about cars though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards