Maine

Maine ocean front venues

Hi,

I am in the early stages of wedding planning and I'm looking for suggestions in Maine, ideally ocean front venues. My fiance and I hope to bring our own alcohol to keep costs down regarding alcohol. Also we'd like to have dinner from food stations instead of formal sit down dinner. Any venue suggestions? Between food and alcohol many of the resorts/ Inns I've looked at online seem to get expensive fast and I do not even know the quality of food. 

Please help. Thanks!!

Re: Maine ocean front venues

• You may find it hard to find a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol. Maine liquor laws are pretty tight. Most inns and resorts will not allow you to bring your own as this can jeopardize their licences. So your search for a location, depending on the feel that you want, and your budget could be hard to find on the ocean. Sorry to be the bad news bear!
  • You are more likely to find a venue that lets you supply your own caterer/bartender.  There are bartending services out there that let you supply your own liquor but they are licensed to serve it.  Unless you rent a private residence, most venues require a licensed bartender to deal with the alcohol. 

As the previous poster said, ocean front = expensive.  You might want to try looking at vrbo.com or homeaway.com for people who rent out their oceanfront property for weddings. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sprucewold Lodge, Very Rustic in Boothbay allows you to BYOB. Nice people to work this but the Lodge is not right on the ocean.
  • Have you looked into Ducktrap Retreat in Lincolnville?  Not right on the ocean, but great ocean views.  

If you post your budget, your number of guests, and your preferred location, you may get better help here.  
  • Thank you so much for the input! I'll have to do some more searching and check out the places listed in your feedback!
  • edited April 2013
    check out "edgehill" www.edgehill.me

It is a beautiful farm house, has waterfront, pond, acres of woods and fields, beautiful backyard and a barn (incase it rains) 

good luck!
  • Not sure if you checked with the Samoset Resort, but their wedding planner is wonderful to work with and may have some really good suggestions for staying within your price range. Good luck.
  • For new visitors of this page- check out the moorings in Georgetown. Save money by bringing your own alcohol... beautiful spot for a tented reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards