Interfaith Weddings

Greek Orthodox wedding Outside

I am looking for a priest who is willing to marry us at our beautiful outdoor venue in Doylestown PA. I realize this may be endless search, but i want try!!!
A Greek Orthodox priest in the tri state area would be great. 
Any Suggestions?

Re: Greek Orthodox wedding Outside

• edited December 2011
    Greek Orthodox priests cannot marry people outside of the church.  I recommend looking for a priest of a different denomination.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am Serbian Orthodox and our priests also will not marry anyone outside of the church. Consider getting married in the church-they are beautiful inside!
    Anniversary
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't do it.  A Greek wedding must be performed within the church building. 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • ^What pps said
    Any Eastern Orthodox Church is pretty strict....some more than others but this is one thing that all of them stand firm on.

If it is not important to you to be a part of the church and have your future children baptized Greek Orthodox maybe look into an officiant that can incorporate some of the greek orthodox traditions such as the crowns etc.

Your marriage will NOT be recognized by the church if you go this route.
    Photobucketbaby yianni Pregnancy Ticker image
  • edited January 2012
    Sadly, according to our Greek Orthodox Church.. you can't get married outside.Although I remember something about if the ground was consecrated, you might be able to..but I cant remember what exactly it was.

I wanted a wedding outside in greece.. Oh well though! It shall be just as beautiful inside.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interfaith-weddings_greek-orthodox-wedding-outside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:396Discussion:205caf9c-317f-4c39-a353-2dc120ccbd27Post:e22abc3a-2c35-4f6d-90a5-f5909fb2ef9c">Re: Greek Orthodox wedding Outside</a>:
    [QUOTE]^What pps said Any Eastern Orthodox Church is pretty strict....some more than others but this is one thing that all of them stand firm on. If it is not important to you to be a part of the church and have your future children baptized Greek Orthodox maybe <strong>look into an officiant that can incorporate some of the greek orthodox traditions such as the crowns etc</strong>. Your marriage will NOT be recognized by the church if you go this route.
    Posted by daniellelea1985[/QUOTE]

I has suggested this for our nondenominational wedding and DH nixed the idea.  He was afraid that it would offend his family since we weren't being married in the church
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • i am armenian orthodox and our priest will only marry in the church. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards