California-Los Angeles
Options

Help! Need reception venue and on a budget

I'm planning my own wedding and I'm trying to find some nice, elegant reception areas. My budget for my wedding is under $5000 so I need somewhere for cheap but that doesn't look cheap. I live in Norwalk so anywhere around there would be nice.
Also dance floor is must.
Thanks!

Re: Help! Need reception venue and on a budget

• Options
    I used to live in Norwalk! =] I got married at The Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs in 2010 and, if I remember correctly, it was about 2k to rent out.  You can bring in your own food, etc. I also shot a wedding there [I am a wedding photographer] and the grounds are just gorgeous.

I also shot a wedding at the Gilbert Sproul Museum in Norwalk and it really is a hidden little gem.  It's a small venue but the ceremony was outdoors and reception in doors.  I don't know exactly how much it was to rent it out, but I do know the bride was on a small budget.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://losangeles.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_help-need-reception-venue-and-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:6450b448-039f-478b-8f88-e76b3fd1d73dPost:d4bde487-7157-46f9-bc04-d25a52b1e96e">Help! Need reception venue and on a budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning my own wedding and I'm trying to find some nice, elegant reception areas. My budget for my wedding is under $5000 so I need somewhere for cheap but that doesn't look cheap. I live in Norwalk so anywhere around there would be nice. Also dance floor is must. Thanks!
    Posted by TitaG1991[/QUOTE]

<div>Orcutt Ranch.  Below is an email they sent me while I was on the hunt that has info you need:</div><div><span style="color:#222222;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;line-height:normal;background-color:#ffffff;">Hi! Our website is LA Parks.org. We can hold 175 and close at ten.We have a beautiful rose garden and you get to bring in the caterer of your choice and all rentals.The price is 6 hrs for $1994. In 8-10 weeks you do get back your deposit of $500 if everything was cleaned etc. If you choose to have alcohol you need to use one of our vendors. The 10 is all booked for tours that day.I have the next Sat opened. Thanks!</span></div>
  • Options
    Do you know if these park venues let you have a dj?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_help-need-reception-venue-and-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:6450b448-039f-478b-8f88-e76b3fd1d73dPost:d4bde487-7157-46f9-bc04-d25a52b1e96e">Help! Need reception venue and on a budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning my own wedding and I'm trying to find some nice, elegant reception areas. My budget for my wedding is under $5000 so I need somewhere for cheap but that doesn't look cheap. I live in Norwalk so anywhere around there would be nice. Also dance floor is must. Thanks!
    Posted by TitaG1991[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you checked out the Norwalk Arts & Sports Complex? They have different rooms available, but the one we looked at was the Sproul Room. It holds 150 people and is $691.50 for 5 hours. Each additional hour is $150. It's really nice if you're having a smaller wedding.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards