Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Heinz Chapel-Recent Booking Experiences?

Hi everyone! I recently started planning my October 2014 wedding, and my fiance and I would like to have our ceremony at Heinz Chapel.  I've heard some booking horror stories (how long it took to get through, etc.), but from what I can tell they changed their policy in January 2013 so that you are placed in an automated queue in the order you call.  This definitely sounds a little less stressful, but I was wondering if anyone on here has gone through the new booking process and could share their experiences?

Also, if anyone has any other tips they'd be willing to share, I'd love to hear them!

(Just a quick bio since this is my first real post:)
-Engaged since July 2012, planning an October 2014 wedding
-Planning an OOT wedding...with both my fiance and I living in different cities-1,400 miles apart
-Reception booked at the Embassy Suites, Moon Township
-Ideas for DJ and florist, still clueless about everything else :)

Re: Heinz Chapel-Recent Booking Experiences?

• I have not experienced it yet, but will be calling soon for our May 2014 day- I will absolutely update you. Our reception is that the PAA and it would just be SO CONVENIENT.  (Don't want to get my hopes up though!) I'll touch back after May 1st!
  • Awesome!! Thank you!!!
  • I booked my wedding at Heinz Chapel for November 2013, so I'm not sure if the process changed. When I booked though, it really wasn't that difficult, although for some months I hear it can be very busy. When you call and get through, you will be placed on hold. Your call is then answered in the order it was received. They will ask you the date/time you want as well as your Pitt affiliaton. I recommend having multiple people call on your behalf. I was on my own and didn't end up getting the day that I wanted, which was fine because I didn't plan anything until I reserved Heinz Chapel.

You have to call as soon as the office opens up, though. I was calling on my way into work and it took me 10 minutes to get through and then I was on hold for another 10 minutes.

Good Luck!

• You won't be able to call to try and reserve a date and time until October 1st 2013.  And I agree with PPs, get a posse to help you!  It's like trying to reserve coveted concert tickets ;-)

You already have your reception booked?  This might be a bad idea, as you might not be able to book Heinz Chapel on that specific date. . . October is one of the most popular months to get married, if not THE most popular.   Not trying to rain on yur parade, just trying to warn you.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Thanks for the advice ladies!! I know booking the reception first was iffy, but having the reception in a hotel near my families' houses was my biggest priority. Plus, because October is sooo busy places were booking up fast! I'm definitely planning on having a posse help me out with outlines of what to say of course!!, and I'll try my hardest to get the date I want at Heinz. I am being realistic though, and if I don't get the date I want, I do have some guaranteed backup ceremony locations :
  • Best of luck, I really hope you get your date/time!!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Hi I just had my wedding there Saturday. I think booking has changed since I did it but it wasn't bad when we did it last year. We had 10 people calling though. Heinz chapel is absolutely amazing. A few suggestions though: time is majorly short there so if you want to have a full catholic mass get two time slots . We didn't do a catholic mass.,also I think a great idea is doing a lot of your pictures before hand. That's what we did beforehand outside the chapel and it was great bc it saved time. GL
  • I just booked for my September 2014 wedding! I am not going to lie, even with the new queue system, I still had to wait over an hour to get through. I didn't get the times I wanted, which were 4:30 or 2:30,  but I did get the date I wanted at 6:30. I tried calling at 8:29 and got a message saying they were closed. I tried again at exactly 8:30 from two different phones and waited in the queue for a very long time. My advice would be to have a few people calling and keep calling and checking between 8:28 and 8:30. If I had called a few seconds earlier it could have been different but I was on my own...I didn't think I needed a group of people with the new systerm.

If you are open to the time I think you will be ok. Good luck!

• Hi, My wedding will be coming soon... on Sept 28, 2013.  We booked last year before they had the new system, and it was fairly easy because I had about 5 people calling for me, two of them used Pitt phones.  Luckily, we got the date and time that we wanted.  The new system sounds so much better.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards