Wedding Reception Forum

Driving time??

Question I want to have my reception at a place which is 30mins from ceremoy site is this too far to drive for guest?

Re: Driving time??

• saro2109saro2109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I'd have 30 minutes as about my limit... it probably also depends on the length of the ceremony and reception and the time everything starts at. Maybe ask some close attendees like BMs or GMs. 
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 30 minutes is fine but make sure it's 30 minutes at the time and day of the week that you are having the wedding. 30 minutes at 10 am on a Tuesday might turn into an hour or more at 5 pm on the weekend, KWIM? I wouldn't go any higher than 30 minutes.
  • As long as it truly is 30 min., I think that's the furthest I'd go. Make sure it truly is 30 though and not closer to 50 or 60 with traffic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I agree with everyone above. It's really important to make sure it's truly 30 minutes. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I personally would not want to drive 30 minutes for a continuation of the same event.   My personal preference is no more than 20.  However, if I was invited and a 30 minute drive was required, it wouldn't stop me from going.  As PPs have said, just make absolutely sure that the drive won't take any longer than 30 minutes during the time you expect them to travel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards