Snarky Brides

Lazy Sunday... sorry about the rant but I just wanted some me time...

So today is supposed to be my lazy day and then FI calls me early this morning to tell me that he has a list of errands and things for me to do... Yesterday was not much better and I had a ton of things that had to get done before a friend of mine's birthday party... I just wanted some time to myself without doing housework and chores as we are already booked up to have dinner with his family tonight...   I wanted to tell him when he called that he can do those errands and things when he gets off work because I want to have some much needed R&R... Instead of R&R I get bombarded with a ton of laundry, dishes that him and his friends left out and all the grocery shopping to boot... The grocery shopping I already told him I cannot do on my own due to my health issues and he told me that I can at least get all the light stuff... I do not want to make two trips... WTH FI...

Re: Lazy Sunday... sorry about the rant but I just wanted some me time...

• Why is he giving you a list of things you need to do? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lazy-sunday-sorry-about-the-rant-but-i-just-wanted-some-me-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dce1e7aa-8010-4540-81a9-98c3784b86afPost:8f9559ad-1574-44bc-9229-ebe75a548294">Re: Lazy Sunday... sorry about the rant but I just wanted some me time...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is he giving you a list of things you need to do? 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

This. Do you normally share the household responsibilities and this is just a hectic weekend? Or does your FI always give you chore lists?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I have the same concern as PPs. Why is he giving you a long list of chores, some in which he caused himself? That's just not right.
  • annmarie714annmarie714 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I agree with PP--why is he giving you a list?

If it's a hectic weekend and he's needing extra help, that's understandable.  I don't understand what's keeping you from going to the grocery store.  If you can do all the other "chores" he's asking of you, what's so different about the grocery store?

Especially since you're such an outdoorsy couple. http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_question-for-the-married-ladies

Edited for formatting
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • I'm sorry you didn't get your quiet day, Star. It sounds like you needed some downtime!

Did you straight-up tell your FI that you needed some time to yourself? I can't tell from your OP. I do hope you at least didn't touch the dishes he and his friends left out - his mess, his problem! Helping him out is great and all, but you deserve a chance to rest too. Plus, I don't think it's OK that he just presented you with a to-do list and seemingly didn't help with it at all.
  • edited April 2013
    I did tell him that I needed some me time after the busy week that I had at work and with clients, physical therapy and a doc's appt to boot... well... He gave me the list justifying him working today and me being off... We usually share the household duties and such and I made it more than clear to him that I am not cleaning up his mess that he is going to do it himself since he made it and that carrying heavy things is off the menu for me today (doctor has me under a weight restriction due to an injury I am being treated for)... I did end up going to the store but I sent him  a list of the items that I cannot carry and that he has to pick up on his way home from work...
  • My fiance has been giving me a never ending list of stuff to do for the last 3 1/2 weeks while he's been in the field. I eventually just told him to shove it. Just because I'm home, doesn't make me his personal slave.
  • In Response to Re: Lazy Sunday... sorry about the rant but I just wanted some me time...:
    [QUOTE]Not to pry, Star, but is your injury back related?  (you can tell me it's none of my business). I have two herniated discs myself, and my H is hilariously opposite to what you are describing.  I'm a lady who HATES to sit still for even a moment, and even re-injured my back one weekend because I tried to do too much housework.  I'm now under strict orders by the PT to only work 15 minutes, then rest for 10 (which drives me mad). Just yesterday, I was ignoring the 15 minute rule, and my H caught me at it.  It's the first time he's yelled at me, and it made me so warm and fuzzy :P.  He was like "I don't want to be stuck doing all the housework for the rest of our lives!  SIT AND REST!!!!" heehee.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

My injury is in the upper CT spine area as well as in the upper trapezius... back and shoulder related... My PT has me on a weight restriction (no lifting anything over 10 pounds) and no reptitive lifting. I hate being on these kinds of restrictions... I am mad at him for being inconsiderate as well as a bit peeved at those who judge me for it... (coworkers)... He did take care of the things I told him I cannot do but trying to get through to him about it was like pulling teeth... I can understand being busy and such but I cannot do it all and I have set limits and the things that he asked me to do were beyond said limits... I do not mean to sound like I am ranting like a looney but being in pain and being on set limitations is hard for me because I am so used to being able to do things for myself and others if need be... 

• In Response to Re: Lazy Sunday... sorry about the rant but I just wanted some me time...:
    [QUOTE]Uh yeah, Addie took the question right outta my mouth! In Response to Re: Lazy Sunday... sorry about the rant but I just wanted some me time... :
    Posted by Alesha1978[/QUOTE]

His thing was that he was so busy with things at work that he thought that I should be able to do it all because I was off... He did not take into mind my doc's as well as PT's orders not to lift anything heavy and no repetition... I did everything else but the lifting and cleaning up his mess... Some of the things that he had on the grocery list (cases of water and pop etc) were way too heavy for me at this time. If I were not under the care of a doc or a PT and not in pain it would not be any kind of problem... He was just being an inconsiderate twit and he paid the price when he got off work by me kindly reminding him of my limitations as well as what he told me to get me to be seen for my medical issue...
    [QUOTE]Why is he giving you a list of things you need to do? 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

He was being inconsiderate of my doctor orders and PT orders... He thought that by me being off that I should do it all because he is busy and well when he got home I had to kindly remind him that I cannot do it all because of said reason and that if he wants those things off the list that he has to be the one to go get them and he has to be the one carrying things for me because I cannot do it for the time being, I also reminded him that he was the one who pushed me to be seen by a doc because of the pain... He was the one who told me that he did not want for me to walk down the aisle in pain...

[QUOTE]Not to pry, Star, but is your injury back related?  (you can tell me it's none of my business). I have two herniated discs myself, and my H is hilariously opposite to what you are describing.  I'm a lady who HATES to sit still for even a moment, and even re-injured my back one weekend because I tried to do too much housework.  I'm now under strict orders by the PT to only work 15 minutes, then rest for 10 (which drives me mad). Just yesterday, I was ignoring the 15 minute rule, and my H caught me at it.  It's the first time he's yelled at me, and it made me so warm and fuzzy :P.  He was like "I don't want to be stuck doing all the housework for the rest of our lives!  SIT AND REST!!!!" heehee.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Pele check your inbox... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards