New Jersey

*****Venue Help*****

Hi Ladies, I'm looking to get married in early November 2014. I'm looking for a place that can hold 150-160 people and our budget is about $120/pp. Any suggestions in the bergen/essex/passaic/morris areas?????? The places I've called so far in our price range are Biagios, Seasons, Royal Manor, Casa Bianca, The Tides, Valley Regency and il tulipano (but we need to garuntee 175 people)....any other suggestions?????????? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *****Venue Help*****

• I may be very wrong, but after doing research for our reception, those places are way under $120 pp, especially in November. You might want to try to negotiate for prices under $100 - which was what I was told over the phone - for Friday and Saturday evenings in October. Just a thought!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• That's even better!!! My ideal date would be in Oct 2014 but everyone keeps telling me that October is the second favorite month now for weddings and prices are sky high! Just curious, where is your recpetion going to be? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would recommend adding the Knoll West to your list of venues.  Its beautiful and I believe its within your budget.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It may be a little far for you but if not, I suggest checking out Old Tappan Manor in Old Tappan. We were quoted $125 pp (plus tax/gratuity) for a Saturday night in October of this year. We need to guarantee 180, but they may be flexible on that as we had told them upfront we were having a large wedding. The place is beautiful with a newly renovated ballroom and cocktail hour room. I'm excited to have my wedding there. They also have a sister location, The View on The Hudson in Piermont, NY that had a slightly lower rate pp and had beautiful views of the Hudson River. It was only about 10 minutes away from Old Tappan just over the NY State border.
    Good luck with your search!
  • I second The Knoll.  We are way under $120pp for a Friday night in April.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will look into all these suggestions!! Thank you ladies! I called Old Tappan Manor and they are $105pp for a friday in Novemebr 2014 and it looks georgous....Can't wait to go see it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • October is not the 2nd most popular month; it's #1.  It beat out June a few years ago. 

Try the Madison Hotel in Convent Station. 
  • Thank you everyone for your replies :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Colonial inn norwood was amazing
  • October is definately a very popular month. When I was originally looking, I ruled out June/Sept thinking they were most popular, but October is right up there. Also, most places I looked at didn't matter if you were getting married on a friday/saturday night, any month, same price. I am sure some places are cheaper during certain months though. Good Luck!
  • Old mill inn, the Manor, the Rockleigh, the Addison, the lakeside manor gramercy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards