April 2013 Weddings
Options

Spray Tans and Waxing and Nails, Oh My!

Sooo... what's your order of events here?  I'm getting a spray tan, which I tried for the first time this week.  I like it.  But, I'll need to do it about 2 days before the wedding.  So, Thursdayish.   Now.. here's the thing.  The spray tan lady told me that I shouldn't wax anything within 48 hours of tanning.  I'm not doing it the morning of the wedding, so does that mean I will have to wax Tuesday?  I was hoping to do that on Thursday so my brows look as fresh as possible for Saturday.  Tuesday seems too far away.  And nails!  I have an appointment to do them w/ my mom and sis and SIL on Friday morning.  But now, the tan might be impacted by that.  Ugh.. beauty is hard.

What is your wedding-week-beauty timeline?  What do you recommend for me?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

Re: Spray Tans and Waxing and Nails, Oh My!

• Options
    I'm doing all of my waxing about a 5 days before (maybe the Monday before the Saturday wedding). I have sensitive skin, though, and don't want to risk having an unsightly redness or bumps. I'll probably tweeze any strays that decide to pop up :) I'm still debating on whether or not to get the spray tan.

I wouldn't get the nails before you spray tan. I would Do it after. The spray tan has ruined my fake nails in the past..maybe things have changed now, I don't know, but I would definitely do all of that after. 
  • Options
    I don't like the whole tanning bed/spray tan thing so I'm just going to sit outside for an hour Sunday and get it naturally. Getting my eyebrows done Wed with my MOH and then mani pedi on Thursday before the rehersal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_spray-tans-and-waxing-and-nails-oh-my?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f60a993b-1d32-4097-808b-5286c2d6743aPost:a74aecf6-f26d-4b3d-a381-038795416901">Re: Spray Tans and Waxing and Nails, Oh My!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like the whole tanning bed/spray tan thing so I'm just going to sit outside for an hour Sunday and get it naturally. Getting my eyebrows done Wed with my MOH and then mani pedi on Thursday before the rehersal.
    Posted by phoenix870509[/QUOTE]

<div>That would be a great idea.... if I didn't live in NY where it is still below freezing every morning :(  I never fake tan and haven't been in a tanning bed since college.  But, the spray tan is a nice change from my winter patchy icky skin... </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Options
    I can't offer any advice on the tanning/waxing combo. I am going UV tanning, just small increments to build a little base. I started tanning 3/20 and wedding is 4/20. Armpits are getting waxed on Thurs before the wedding, since they stay red for over 24 hours I figured this was the best day to do it. I am getting brows waxed Friday and mani/pedi Friday.

I think you should get any waxings done prior to the tan since you don't want to be left with untan spots after waxing. Nails should be done anytime after the tanning.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't think about the beauty time line.  But I agree with the order of Waxing, Tanning and then nails!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards