North Carolina-Outer Banks

4 night wedding rentals

I wanted my family to come up and stay for a week for my wedding in a beach house, unfortunately it's looking like no one can stay that long. Are there any beach houses that do like a 4 day rental in September? I'm only finding weekly.

Re: 4 night wedding rentals

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_4-night-wedding-rentals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:0d67e5d3-f0b0-4cba-bdee-309785b00191Post:963aa748-c0ee-4801-b926-31879a9b3d4b">4 night wedding rentals</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted my family to come up and stay for a week for my wedding in a beach house, unfortunately it's looking like no one can stay that long. Are there any beach houses that do like a 4 day rental in September? I'm only finding weekly.
    Posted by vmdizzle[/QUOTE]

The homes that do allow partial stays will only be offered in the off-season and only with a 2 week advance rental time, which is the hard part. Also, they divide the weekly rental cost by 5 nights, not by 7, like you would think. You would be better off just renting a home for the week and splitting it up amongst everyone. Maybe this can be a good chance for you and FI to have a few days of alone time :)

• we looked into this also and couldn't find anything.  It was cheaper to rent a house for a week than a hotel for 3 days.  We are also getting married in september.  It was such a pain to find a house.  We wanted a rental that was monday - monday.  We are hoping the house we chose doesn't book the week after us so we can book another night.
  • Your best chance for  a partial rental will be in the off-season for sure.  My family is renting for 3 nights for my wedding next week.  They weren't able to book too far in advance - I think the rental company let them book a few months beforehand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Dizzle, you have a PM

• Some of my family found partial week rentals on vrbo in the off season. Most just rented for the week and came later because it was cheaper than a hotel room.
  • I'm seeing that too! The ones I do find are only like $1k off from a weeks stay, I'm just not sure if my family would pay for a whole week if they can't stay that long. Hopefully I could get the money together to pay for the extra days. Humph
  • Check craigslist! a few summers ago, a few of my girlfriends and I got a 4 or 5 day rental in July.  many people who privately own smaller homes use craigslist to fill unbooked weeks and often they are flexible with arrivals.  the house we stayed in was adorable! But on the smaller and in between the highways-but for what we wanted it was perfect!  The only issue  is that most people will not be offering their half weeks this far in advance.  For any last-minute-larrys, this maybe a good option though :)
  • I am really thinking about renting a whole week in September and just see if my family will pay prorated rates for the nights they are staying to help cut the cost. They already said they didn't want me forking out the money for their hotels, etc. Also, I'd get a full week in the house and maybe some down time just the two of us~
  • We are getting married in September as well and had trouble, but we found a motel in Manteo that has cottages, so we will be staying there from the night before through the weekend after. Other than that, we are lucky because my family has a house down there (which we would stay at, but the whole thing is taken up by other members of my family!), so after the weekend of the wedding we will stay there for a few extra days. When in September are you getting married??
  • So our thought of renting hotel cottages fell through at the beginning on this week, and my FI found Pirate's Cove. Dizzle, if you have not found anything yet, I HIGHLY recommend them! We worked with Elizabeth M, and she was amazing. We found a partial rental in our budget, and have already placed a deposit down on it. I cannot sing their praises enough. So excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards