Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Is this too early?

My wedding is July 13th. My MOH and mother are co-hosting a shower for me (and MOH is throwing a bachelorette party later that night). My MOH is going to be out of the country for a job from the end of May until a week before the wedding. Obviously I didn't want the shower to be that close to the wedding, so we decided (I say "we" because I had to input when I would be able to get off work) on May 18. This is over two months before the wedding. Is this too early? 

Re: Is this too early?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_is-this-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:a1ffea8c-0d6b-412d-962d-95fb72037a5fPost:45beb993-2aba-46e0-a0ca-d9b916671dd2">Is this too early?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is July 13th. My MOH and mother are co-hosting a shower for me (and MOH is throwing a bachelorette party later that night). My MOH is going to be out of the country for a job from the end of May until a week before the wedding. Obviously I didn't want the shower to be that close to the wedding, so we decided (I say "we" because I had to input when I would be able to get off work) on May 18. This is over two months before the wedding. Is this too early? 
    Posted by jackiebrim[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope.  I think anytime between 1-3 months before the wedding is acceptable.  Mine was 2 months before.</div>
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Agree, because of the circumstances, it will be ok for you to have your Bachelorette party this early.

In the end, remember that this is for you. There are no set rules.

The whole point is for you to enjoy a good time before you marry.
  • Options
    My girlfriend had her shower in November and her wedding is scheduled for next week (over 5 months) and it worked out fine. The timing is all personal, so I would say have it when it works for you!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_is-this-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:a1ffea8c-0d6b-412d-962d-95fb72037a5fPost:45beb993-2aba-46e0-a0ca-d9b916671dd2">Is this too early?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is July 13th. My MOH and mother are co-hosting a shower for me (and MOH is throwing a bachelorette party later that night). My MOH is going to be out of the country for a job from the end of May until a week before the wedding. Obviously I didn't want the shower to be that close to the wedding, so we decided (I say "we" because I had to input when I would be able to get off work) on May 18. This is over two months before the wedding. Is this too early? 
    Posted by jackiebrim[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think there is such thing as doing the parties too early. One of my bridesmaids insisted on having the bridal shower 3 days before my wedding.......yeah I had to give my input on that because I'm going to be a crazy stressed out girl the week of the wedding! The parties are super fun but it's nice to sort of "get them out of the way" so you can have the rest of the time to make sure your wedding is what you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards