Wedding Party
Options

Only a MOH,

I'm having a small (inexpensive!) wedding. To cut down on costs, and because several of my close friends hate each other, my fiance and I have decided to only have a MOH and a Best Man, my sister and his brother, respectivly. I've already told my close female friends this, and they seem fine with it,

My question is, can I still do 'bridal' stuff with them? I don't mean just talking about the wedding (it's 11 years in coming, so they've all been eager to talk), but can I take them dress shopping, to a bridal expo, batchelorette shower, bridal shower, etc? Or is that just a rude reminder that I didn't 'choose' them? I don't want to get all the bridal party stuff without them having the 'honor', but I may need opinions along the way. Advice?

Re: Only a MOH,

• Options
    Having one attendant each is totally fine! You can still invite the others to do bridal stuff with you, as long as they are interested in doing so. As long as they are a guest, they should be invited to any bachelorette party or shower thrown for you.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with inviting them to those things. But don't get mad if they don't feel like coming, either!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I only had a MOH (my sister) but I invited my BF dress shopping, I invited my two closest friends to spend the day with me as we all got ready together, etc. As long as they want to do those things, great!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_only-a-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1134088d-bd28-432f-bd74-813ef679bd29Post:0205a868-8af7-41e8-b3e0-59b0048c726a">Re: Only a MOH,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing wrong with inviting them to those things. But don't get mad if they don't feel like coming, either!
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Best advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards