Catholic Weddings

Music

Hello all!

Some friends of ours are going to sing and play organ (and maybe guitar) for our wedding. Do any of you have suggestions for songs we could use during the ceremony? We have our entrance figured out but we keep drawing blanks for other areas. I know you ladies will have some great ideas! Thanks!

Re: Music

• The sticky with wedding info actually has some music suggestions!  =)
    Anniversary

• We are doing Canon in D for the entrance. The sticky is great! Thanks. We are open to any and all suggestions if anyone has anymore. We are especially looking for songs that can be sung.
  • I am thinking of using How Beautiful by Twila Paris for Communion time.  I sang it at a wedding years ago and it's gorgeous.  The cantor at Mass sung it this morning and I hadn't heard it in years- perfect for a wedding. 
  • I play How Beautiful a lot for a processional.

If you use How Beautiful for communion, you have to put lyrics in the program. The communion song is supposed to be able to be sung by the congregation.-- that's one reason why I would avoid it for that slot.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_music-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:41d67713-38ea-4b51-b083-1e7f60e6e9fePost:36d3435d-b275-4f2a-a879-86ebec56f145">Re: Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I play How Beautiful a lot for a processional. If you use How Beautiful for communion, you have to put lyrics in the program. The communion song is supposed to be able to be sung by the congregation.-- that's one reason why I would avoid it for that slot.
    Posted by agapecarrie[/QUOTE]

You could also use it as a post-Communion meditation (I think that may have been when I sang it) to avoid this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards